E-10 rear ... E-10 front.... E-07 rear ... E-07 front

qiero mas ???
Old 08-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #62
Mitas OP
caretaker

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
when Moto Amore first started distributing Heidenau (same situation, no one in the US ever heard of Heidenau...now it is well known) they had supply issues (not ordering enough and running out too quickly with long waits between the next order) and also their communications (not returning emails & calls) was not the best. maybe they hired more people to deal with the demand as the supply is better as is the communications. there are now a dozen or so dealers in the US that you can easily order a Heidenau tire from in addition directly from Moto Amore. Heidenau had to reformulate their 150-17" & front 19" K60 to remove BPA per new German regulations and thus that tire was not available for atleast a year. Moto Amore did a good job explaining the situation and why they could not get any to import.

...the 1200 GS tire size (vstrom & super tenere also use the same time) is big business in the US with the desire to use a good 50/50 on-road/off-road long lasting rear tire. This is also true for 130-17" rear tire as alot of dual-sports use this size too. Tourances are more road oriented and TCK-80 wear out too quickly. Even though the K-60 is pricey the 150-17" still sell very well as this tire does it all...

Mitas E07 could also sell extremely well in the US if you and your distributor can pull it together.

like i've said over and over...i'm trying to help you out here.

thanx for the Information ...

First .... I marked the wrong things red.

have a lock at this.... the period to establish new compounds was 4 years ... and itīs EUROPEAN LAW... this declaration has to be made every year after you declared to follow the rule... we made it since 2007 ...

Every manufacturer has to follow this ....did you ever heard about a sales stop of Michelin in EU ?

.... For sure Heidenau found passioned dealers....

Mitas screwed with this post 08-31-2011 at 01:00 PM
Mitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #63
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,716
So if someone wanted the E07 in 150/70/17 how would they go about purchasing one?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #64
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
So if someone wanted the E07 in 150/70/17 how would they go about purchasing one?
+1, I too would like to know. I am currently using a similar tire, but I am very unimpressed with it, although it's expensive, it should be good
Also, OP, don't take this the wrong way, but your way of promoting these tires rubbed me the wrong way. I am aware that you know more about tires than I or others do, but showing off doesn't attract you clients. Educating them it will...

I came to your thread because I am genuinely interested in these tires. However, there is little information about them, and what there is seems to be provided after numerous requests. I too don't want to check a zillion websites in order to find information that it should be in this thread. I know it's hard to make everyone feel at home, but how about you try ?

Lastly, have you considered making a true-ish dual-sport 120/17 front tire? There's a potentially big market out there.

Cheers...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #65
BLU HWY
Guilty By-Stander

Oddometer: 892
Quote:
so if someone wanted the e07 in 150/70/17 how would they go about purchasing one?
+1
Old 09-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #66
grandpa_ken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Yes, I want to know also.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:20 AM   #67
Mitas OP
caretaker

Hello Ko ... I like to take your post to answer.
First I have to apologize for some facts.

- it will take some time to answer īcause Iīm on business trips very often.( but I will answer )
- the current ambiguous situation
- the lack of clear structures
-..... for starting troubles
- rude kind of my English ( ... itīs not my mothers tongue... and the last time I practice was with US-soldiers )

Unfortunately the sources to purchase our products are limited.... but it should be changed,..
The only way right now is to start requests to the ( independent ) U.S. subsidiary . To show them clearly there is a market for the products....
They need to order tires in advance... itīs not that simple to make a forecast.

By now .. the only way...

I understand thatīs a lack of a common information platform... You right...

What Iīm trying to do is to collect the necessary informations.We all tired of advertising an promises that never kept... correct me if Iīm wrong.

Eakin is right when he say .... pictures... pictures ... pictures... first hand informations ....
User customers are around the world ... but having no feedback channel ... our fault... it has to be changed ...

I tried to collect them and to present it on one platform... (unfortunately) itīs facebook.... ( see my signature) ... As well the Australians gave some important informations right here in advrider... )

Heīs also right when he say .... worned tires are more interesting then new....

Please note ..even it doesnīt look like that .... all postings here are appreciated and will help me to understand whatīs in the riders scene in different countries.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #68
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,231
i've run the mitas e09 dakar 140/80-17 on my f800gs. loved the tire - it was great in all conditions. wore fast as do all true knobbies on the f800gs. i've even burnt through a heidi pretty quick. partial problem is lengthy tarmac rides to/from the dirt. that is a problem no tire manufacturer can fix for me unfortunately. another part of the problem is my inability to control my throttle hand. ok, so maybe that isn't a problem per se...

who are the independent dealers? i'm confused as to why mitas can't approach select venues in the us and say, "there is demand for our tires in the us and we'd like to partner with you to carry some of our product line".

motorcycle-superstore, revzilla, rockymountainatv, motosport, dennis kirk, bike bandit, etc. all big vendors with many thousands of products. i'll be honest and say i have no idea how the manufacturer/distributor/reseller relationships work but i can't believe that it is entirely a bottom up process (reseller has to seek out the manufacturer).

i'm also kind of eyeballin' that e07. i like the tread pattern; it looks as though it might do well on the street but still open enough to handle some mud; something the heidi k60 doesn't do worth a damn.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #69
Mitas OP
caretaker

*note*

finding a reseller is not so easy... We cannot sell for a price of a chinese tire.

Mitas screwed with this post 09-03-2011 at 12:16 PM
Mitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #70
brownsr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Were can I find these in Germany?

brownsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #71
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitas View Post

I tried to collect them and to present it on one platform... (unfortunately) itīs facebook.... ( see my signature) ...
It's nice you have all that info on Facebook... luckily Facebook is not all there is Hence, I'd suggest doing here what you're doing there, after all the more online presence the better, although it comes at a cost for you. Allienating one group over another is more costly though Word of mouth here would go a long way in making more inroads in a market which would use your tires if there was access to them.

Quote:
worned tires are more interesting then new....
If the following sounds silly to you, please ignore it, it' s not my area of expertise, but I'll give it a shot because I need a better selection of tires, such as the E07/10. Maybe this could be a way to convince more dealers that your tires are worth selling. For example, sponsoring some riders/clubs/events/rallies/etc with tires, and showing that your tires are longer lasting, better grip, etc, might convince dealers that people who spend over $150 for a tire such as TKC/K60 would pay the same for your tires. In the end, initially, it all comes down to money given that the brand is not all that well known by most people in North-America.

Quote:

Please note ..even it doesnīt look like that .... all postings here are appreciated and will help me to understand whatīs in the riders scene in different countries.
good to know...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #72
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,682
When I started reading this thread I was interested in their products.

Too bad getting more information and direct responses is like pulling teeth

Think I'll move on
Old 09-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #73
Mitas OP
caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsr View Post
Were can I find these in Germany?
We have 6 distributors in Germany who are able to provide the tires to your dealer.
In theory ... every dealer can order.

Reifenhandel Theobald
Lindenstrasse 4, 97892 Kreuzwertheim

SW-Motorradreifen-Reifen Grosshandel
Kettelerstr. 22, 97424 Schweinfurt

Renndienst Schinko
Ruselstrasse 14a, 84149 Velden

Reifendepot RDUCH ohG
Steffensrot 9, 52428 Juelich-Koslar

Theofried Jeckel
Schuetzenhausstrasse 11a, 65510 Idstein

Zweiradbereifung HOHL GmbH
Langenfelder Strasse 166, 51371 Leverkusen-Hitdorf

@Dan ... stay here and you will be informed...

@KO

itīs not silly ... we NEED to have a complete overview over all products including all technical informations..even in the U.S.

4me ... facebook is the easiest way to start.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #74
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,682
Old 09-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #75
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,211
Quote:
*note*

finding a reseller is not so easy... We cannot sell for a price of a chinese tire.

i don't think anyone expects Mitas to sell tires for the price the Chinese do.

i never said that. i just pointed out how in the 130-17" size, mefo explorers are $150 while other popular ones are $50 range. my point was hopefully seeing the E07 in 130-17" for around $100 range. I can tell that your E07 rear is your best tire for the ADV market. The 2 most important sizes are
-130-17" (tube)
-150-17" (tubeless)
this covers 75% of ADV bikes used in the US.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote