ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #39481
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
We had a great first running of the Trans Tar Hollow route. It was the perfect amount of riders and skill levels. To bad the guy leading the ride was so slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbAyNKPC8w

looks excellent...hope you're doing another run later...after I get the xr back together

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #39482
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Thanks for the ride Luke, it was a great time and you probably only heard "too slow" once during the enitre day and that just happened to be a nicely rutted, rocky uphill that some more throttle would have done me nicely. Other than that it was "perfect" and the rain pretty much held off until I pulled into the driveway. Then of course was the yellow jacket that got into my helmet and stung me in the carodid artery right after we split up. I'm not allergic, but it still hurts and swelled up pretty nicely.
Thanks Steve, but I now have someone my size to ride with and he's faster than I am.
Yellow Jackets suck and I've been stung by plenty. I'll have to tell you about TDP 09' some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
looks excellent...hope you're doing another run later...after I get the xr back together
If that bike were a person the Dr's would be unhooking the life support and checking the donor card. You need to get a real DS bike that doesn't need a AAA card to ride. Your missing a lot of good rides!
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #39483
sion
sigh-own

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
You need to get a real DS bike that doesn't need a AAA card to ride. Your missing a lot of good rides!

its a good bike...I've treated it poorly

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #39484
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Nice video Luke! It's interesting to watch the differences in the way people drop down that downhill corner.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #39485
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Nice video Luke! It's interesting to watch the differences in the way people drop down that downhill corner.
I was the first rider to go down during the day when the front tire hit a rock and bounced sideways. That little hill has some good ruts in it that make line choice interesting. But noone got hurt and all the bikes made it home unbroken. So in short a good ride.
2006 KLR650
Old 09-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #39486
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 534
http://
I got my "Licking County Loop" in today. I left Lancaster, hit Granville, backroaded through Alexandria up to Hartford where I met up with a buddy of mine and took his Trail 90 for a short spin. From there I headed through Homer and Brandon, went around Utica, through Martinsville, back through Granville grabbing a sammich at Knuckle Heads, and then back to Lancaster. 150ish miles, 2.5 gallons of fuel. Better than I expected with the 16 tooth counter shaft sprocket. I've decided that the E-start is a priority. It's easy to kick, but if it doesn't fire after a few kicks, that button just taunts me. I've also still got a gremlin in my low beam. Looks like I may need to go through the harness and look for a problem. All in all, I'm really liking this 640. I only saw 8-10 bikes that weren't on trailers today. Thought that was kinda odd. Oh well, their loss... You guys'll have to lemme know when you do your Tar Hollow deal again...
Old 09-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #39487
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

I got in a nice ride with my buddy Paul, mostly dry pavement. We started in New Concord on 83, then went 93 to all the way to 557 then to 39.

We went to MIllersburg and picked up the Port Washington Road, very nice, the Port Washington Road turned to dirt, but it was a perfect first time of pavement experience for my buddy on his maxi-scooter; hard pan Amish roads with very little gravel. We rode it back to Baltic. It was a 150 mile ride, I don't think we saw 10 motorcycles on the road. We stopped in Roscoe, there was a de-badged radioactive green adventure style bike there, I think a BMW, it had Touratech hardcases with lots of stickers, including an ADV.

So it was really too hot to ride Saturday, but today I had on my Olympia AST wth all the zips shut. Its really nice when its not so rotten hot.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #39488
sion
sigh-own

Quote:
So it was really too hot to ride Saturday
it was under 100 degree F...so I'm calling bullshit. 110+ is too hot. A soaking wet t-shirt under your jacket will keep you comfortable up to triple digits.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #39489
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,434
Quote:
I got in a nice ride with my buddy Paul, mostly dry pavement. We started in New Concord on 83, then went 93 to all the way to 557 then to 39.

We went to MIllersburg and picked up the Port Washington Road, very nice, the Port Washington Road turned to dirt, but it was a perfect first time of pavement experience for my buddy on his maxi-scooter; hard pan Amish roads with very little gravel. We rode it back to Baltic. It was a 150 mile ride, I don't think we saw 10 motorcycles on the road. We stopped in Roscoe, there was a de-badged radioactive green adventure style bike there, I think a BMW, it had Touratech hardcases with lots of stickers, including an ADV.

So it was really too hot to ride Saturday, but today I had on my Olympia AST wth all the zips shut. Its really nice when its not so rotten hot.

I passed you on the 4 lane of USR 36 around 4:30.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #39490
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
elsinores up for auction

I remember some chatter here recently about someone looking for a honda elsinore to relive their youth. There is an auction thursday morning in Bellbrook (near Dayton) and they have two hondas - a 1976 and 1977 cr 125m elsinore. Unfortunately I can't make it, but if anyone is interested, go to www.sheridanteam.com. You may be able to put in a max bid ahead on time. They also have a 1980 KZ 750 E that looks nice. -Mike

They look perfect - check out the photos!
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #39491
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
.. You guys'll have to lemme know when you do your Tar Hollow deal again...
The next ride will probably be much shorter notice so that I can judge the weather better. Things worked out well this ride but my luck is not normally that good.
2006 KLR650
Old 09-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #39492
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I passed you on the 4 lane of USR 36 around 4:30.
That was me, I went 36 over to Newcommerstown, then down 821. Don't remember seeing you, sorry for no wave.

Quote:
it was under 100 degree F...so I'm calling bullshit. 110+ is too hot.
Well I rode around a couple of hours, and it was too hot, bullshit or not.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #39493
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
I remember some chatter here recently about someone looking for a honda elsinore to relive their youth. There is an auction thursday morning in Bellbrook (near Dayton) and they have two hondas - a 1976 and 1977 cr 125m elsinore. Unfortunately I can't make it, but if anyone is interested, go to www.sheridanteam.com. You may be able to put in a max bid ahead on time. They also have a 1980 KZ 750 E that looks nice. -Mike
I bought a 1980 KZ750E1 when they first came out, my first street bike. I had the dealer install the Kerker header before I picked it up.

jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #39494
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Thanks guys.

I guess not living in OH for over 20 years makes me new here, but I have been on ADVrider for a while.

The garage is sort of from a past life where money was much easier to come by & I have a great BMW dealer. No good KTM dealer & a Ducati dealer was over 200 miles away.

While I am an asshole & possibly a Beemer Geek, I am not a Beemer Geek asshole...............There is a difference.

I have had a bunch of other stuff too, including two KLRs. (so right off the bat you know I'm a cheap bastard too)

Just getting back into the swing of things in OH.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #39495
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,115
Scott, did I meet you at BYOB in Putney?

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote