ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #39766
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,463
EJ, from your sig line:

Quote:
I ditched Facebook. Now, I know how Drug Addicts feel during withdrawl.
Did you really ditch it? If so, good for you. I fucking HATE facebook. I was on it for a month or so, trying it out, but it is the second biggest waste of time and repository of useless information there is. The first, of course, being ADV.

I'm glad I don't have it anymore. If I gave a shit about 95% of the assholes I had on my "friend list" I would actually see them or call them. I really don't care that some girl I went to high school with 15 years ago whelped out a fetus, and such...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #39767
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Oddometer: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
EJ, from your sig line:

Did you really ditch it? If so, good for you. I fucking HATE facebook. I was on it for a month or so, trying it out, but it is the second biggest waste of time and repository of useless information there is. The first, of course, being ADV.

I'm glad I don't have it anymore. If I gave a shit about 95% of the assholes I had on my "friend list" I would actually see them or call them. I really don't care that some girl I went to high school with 15 years ago whelped out a fetus, and such...

GONE! Un-friended everyone. Deleted all posts. Deleted all pictures. Re-named and Deleted my account.

Exactly for your reasons. The "Smart Phone" really pushed me into getting rid of it. Everytime I picked up the phone, hit Facebook. It was the interaction with the same set of people (ok). Then, the 250 others. High School. Etc. Also, a good portion of co-workers - complete a$$h0l3s.

It is great!

Now, that ADV site.........

EJ
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #39768
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJV View Post
GONE! Un-friended everyone. Deleted all posts. Deleted all pictures. Re-named and Deleted my account.

Exactly for your reasons. The "Smart Phone" really pushed me into getting rid of it. Everytime I picked up the phone, hit Facebook. It was the interaction with the same set of people (ok). Then, the 250 others. High School. Etc. Also, a good portion of co-workers - complete a$$h0l3s.

It is great!

EJ
I know what did it...

It was the guy who was always responding with "your mom" jokes to every single thing you posted.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #39769
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
I know what did it...

It was the guy who was always responding with "your mom" jokes to every single thing you posted.

Yeah. He was at the top of the "eh hole" list.

"your mom" was funny the first time, years later, not so much.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #39770
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
Yeah. He was at the top of the "eh hole" list.

"your mom" was funny the first time, years later, not so much.
Ha. I knew it.

Typical office funnyman douchebaggery.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #39771
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Ha. I knew it.

Typical office funnyman douchebaggery.

It was you that got that word into my head!

I was riding along on my way to work the other day, observing the all the morons drive slow in the left lane, then bounce accross 5 lanes to the right in one shot. So, I said to myself "Wow, look at all this douchebaggery going on."

Such an interesting term.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #39772
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,682
I keep a facehole account because I really don't want to deal with all the friends and family pestering me with, 'WHAT? you don't have facehole? WHY!?!?"

I respond to posts sometimes and create new posts even less. Sometimes I'll post pics of shit that I do so people know how awesome I am.

z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #39773
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
I respond to posts sometimes and create new posts even less. Sometimes I'll post pics of shit that I do so people know how awesome I am.
I use ADV for that.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #39774
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I use ADV for that.
My grandma isn't on ADV.

She got permabanned.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #39775
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,507
Quote:
My grandma isn't on ADV.

She got permabanned.

she kept violating the nipple rule, huh?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #39776
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
Quote:

It is great!

EJ
Was it something I said?

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #39777
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
Quote:
I keep a facehole account because I really don't want to deal with all the friends and family pestering me with, 'WHAT? you don't have facehole? WHY!?!?"

I use it to avoid having to take phone calls from the extended family. I can shoot them a "hi" every few weeks at my convenience.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #39778
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
It was you that got that word into my head!

I was riding along on my way to work the other day, observing the all the morons drive slow in the left lane, then bounce accross 5 lanes to the right in one shot. So, I said to myself "Wow, look at all this douchebaggery going on."

Such an interesting term.
I'm sure I used it at the reservation at some point. Probably in conjunction with asshattery.

Speaking of asshattery.. You ever gonna post pics of the S10 with the new cans?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #39779
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,770
I know a lot of people who have ditched FB or loathe it, but I ain't gonna be one of them. I like it.

I use and enjoy Facebook. I guess I see it as a tool nothing more nothing less. I use it to keep track of family and good friends who are all over the map, bandmates, fellow riders, shooters, fans our podcast.

I control, 100%, all the time who is on my friend's list and what content I see. The second someone starts posting annoying shit serially, they're gone. Off my list or hidden. No former girlfriends, no coworkers or crazy aunts, just the people I want to talk to. If someone I likes is into Farmville? Easy to hide that stuff. One click, out of my sight.

Hell, in a way it's more personalized and "me" than this site is.

Plus, I use it to keep track of all sorts of companies, groups and associations that I care about or am interested in. I get notices of events, coupons, deals, political issues, etc. It's also a great way to let all the people I know about of something important, easily and succinctly without mass emails or phone calls.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #39780
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,035
Bring the Tenere down to Tar Hollow Sunday and I'll give you some trails to really challenge that bike. Wills Creek was obviously to easy.

Oh, and we're now up to three for the ride.
Me, Jrockrat, and Strombony I'm hoping MGorman will come down with the 950adv. If he does I'll throw in a hero section just for him and Jason. "Go my children, ride up that hill and we'll see you on the other side!"
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote