ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #46
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Skippi this is FZ6 right???? how much weight were you carrying and how was the road behavior of the bike with pillion and these type of luggage
Yep, that's a 2007 FZ6. Had those case reasonable full--not really heavy, mostly clothes. Handling was excellent--the FZ6 is probably the easiest bike to ride I've ever experienced. BRP is all curves--hardly a straight for hundreds of miles, and I barely noticed my mother and the luggage.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:32 AM   #47
Shivanshu
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi, India
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
Yep, that's a 2007 FZ6. Had those case reasonable full--not really heavy, mostly clothes. Handling was excellent--the FZ6 is probably the easiest bike to ride I've ever experienced. BRP is all curves--hardly a straight for hundreds of miles, and I barely noticed my mother and the luggage.
Woo I think I should just pray that yamaha gets FZ6 in India soon and then I will buy this, As it is I am already ihn love with this beautiful Yammy Baby
Shivanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #48
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe
 
Texcollect's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 196
I hate to burst your bubble, but 2009 was the last year for the FZ6. They now have the FZ6R (steel frame vs Alloy, slightly less power, under engine vs under seat exhaust and much more plastic) and the FZ8 (FZ1 with a 779cc engine).
__________________
If you love your bike, set it free. If it comes back to you, you just highsided.
Texcollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #49
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
BMW F800 series.
Only 85hp though, and none of the top-end WHEEEEEEE!!!! that you get on the FZ6.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #50
Shivanshu
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi, India
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcollect View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but 2009 was the last year for the FZ6. They now have the FZ6R (steel frame vs Alloy, slightly less power, under engine vs under seat exhaust and much more plastic) and the FZ8 (FZ1 with a 779cc engine).
Damn tats sad Tex, but how is the new FZ6 o0r FZ8 is much more better than FZ6 ??????
Shivanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #51
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Only 85hp though, and none of the top-end WHEEEEEEE!!!! that you get on the FZ6.
I've read on a few places that they rated in under it's real power because of
some tax or whatever laws in Germany. When you see people hit almost 150mph
on the F800ST... I tend to believe that rumor.

And it DOES have a top end hit! But nothing like the FZ6 tho.. :)
You need to get a 600cc supersport to get a bigger hit up top, but that's
not real-world usable power anyways.

Jumping on the FZ6 from my Kawi 650R.. the FZ6 feels like it's 400cc, not
600!
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #52
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe
 
Texcollect's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Damn tats sad Tex, but how is the new FZ6 o0r FZ8 is much more better than FZ6 ??????
I didn't say it was better I just said it was different !!

Start Thread Hijack.

The FZ6R shares the same bore and stroke as the FZ6, but that's about where the comparison ends. Its engine is tuned for a little more down low torque, but that sacrifices some top end power. (although it doesn't look like it worked. Details HERE). My buddy and I both bought brand new bikes 2 years ago. I bought the 6 and he bought the 6R. He likes the plastic projectile look and I prefer the naked look. I will say that the clutch action and gearbox are smoother on the 6R than on the 6, but my opinion the components on the 6 (Brakes, Swingarm, Triple Tree, 180 rear tire) were better quality than the 6R.

For more information look on FZ6-forum.com or fz6r-forum.com.

As far as the FZ8 is concerned it gets good write ups from the media, but If I was going to buy another bigger naked bike I'd probably by an FZ1 or Kawasaki Z1000/Ninja 1000 rather than an FZ8.

End Thread Hijack.

Normal service has been restored. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on
600/650 sportbikes set up for touring? lets see em...
__________________
If you love your bike, set it free. If it comes back to you, you just highsided.
Texcollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #53
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, Ct.
Oddometer: 914
gsx 650 f

somebody asked:
Attached Images
 
Jim K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #54
Shivanshu
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi, India
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcollect View Post
I didn't say it was better I just said it was different !!

Start Thread Hijack.

The FZ6R shares the same bore and stroke as the FZ6, but that's about where the comparison ends. Its engine is tuned for a little more down low torque, but that sacrifices some top end power. (although it doesn't look like it worked. Details HERE). My buddy and I both bought brand new bikes 2 years ago. I bought the 6 and he bought the 6R. He likes the plastic projectile look and I prefer the naked look. I will say that the clutch action and gearbox are smoother on the 6R than on the 6, but my opinion the components on the 6 (Brakes, Swingarm, Triple Tree, 180 rear tire) were better quality than the 6R.

For more information look on FZ6-forum.com or fz6r-forum.com.

As far as the FZ8 is concerned it gets good write ups from the media, but If I was going to buy another bigger naked bike I'd probably by an FZ1 or Kawasaki Z1000/Ninja 1000 rather than an FZ8.

End Thread Hijack.

Normal service has been restored. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on
600/650 sportbikes set up for touring? lets see em...

Thanks for the detailed explanation bro, appreciate it
Shivanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #55
See red OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
See red's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 127
Ok, I have the luggage on the bike, I just need to paint the top case.






my son and I, yes he is wearing armor. He has a mesh style and it was chilly out so he wore a jacket over it.






And to the guy who wanted my man card back....... lmao don't mess with guys that are man enough to wear sponge bob.....
See red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:56 AM   #56
Cat0020
El cheapo
 
Cat0020's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NW of Philly, Hoboken, Brooklyn, Jamaica NY.
Oddometer: 5,409
Visible rear turn signals?
__________________
Mankind is doomed & Physics do not lie
Chances favor the prepared mind.
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #57
See red OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
See red's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 127
From the back, very visible. I need to add the signals to the side bags as well.
See red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #58
p0diabl0
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 543


My 2006 Ninja 650r.
Handlebar risers.
Footbeg lowering brackets.
Stearns/Coleman/Walmart ATV seat.
SWmotech tail rack with a really old GIVI E46.
Custom side rack with Seahorse SE-520 cases. (no wider than myself on the bike, lane splitting is glorious.
Bar-end mirrors.
TRex racing frame sliders.
p0diabl0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #59
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon
 
Jimmy the Heater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: WA Palouse area
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEX View Post
The current state of affairs, although I hesitate to call a Ninja 500 a real "sport bike". Now wearing a PowerBronze touring screen with MRA Vario spoiler including custom-cut (larger) spoiler, although I alternate between that and a Madstad screen. Bar risers, heated grips, HVMP bar ends, highway pegs, Corbin seat, and full set of Givi hard luggage. Very few options for mounting the Givi's to an EX500 so I had to fabricate my own mounts. Changed out the fork springs and rear shock spring as well. Getting a solid 55+ mpg riding two-up. Just rolled over 31,000 miles on it. With it's 4.8 gallon tank I never worry about gassing up until about 200 miles on the trip-meter. Sort of like a "mini-Concours"!

The cases are E-21's and a V-35 topcase.

Yea I know, it's not a 600/650!
Hummmm I have an ex500 that I'm not so thrilled with (actually like my ex250 better for touring, crazy I know) and was thinking about selling to try a 650 out.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #60
Cat0020
El cheapo
 
Cat0020's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NW of Philly, Hoboken, Brooklyn, Jamaica NY.
Oddometer: 5,409
Cool2

I carried good amount of stuff on my Gladuis riding between Philly and AnnArbor, MI.
No need for mounting brackets or hard cases to weigh down your bike.





For the times that you just want something simple, quick to carry loose items on the cheap.
Last year, I carried my 25 lb. book bag and additional 10-55 lb. of supplies, 2-4 times a week, 46 mi. one-way commute, never a problem. The secret is a non-skid pad between the milk crate and seat:

__________________
Mankind is doomed & Physics do not lie
Chances favor the prepared mind.
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014