User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
roddy409 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
3 Generations ride to the land of Two Suns - Now with updated photo links!

Hi Everyone.. I've spent countless hours reading trip reports here, so here's my chance to give back a little.

First off, here are the adventurers... from left to right: Donald (my son), Don (my dad in the middle) and Roddy (me). We took this photo shortly after we met up in West Virginia, bound as far west as Bonneville, UT. We had 2.5 weeks and hoped to continue on to the Tetons and Yellowstone and maybe see a bit of Montana. My dad and I talked about doing this trip when I was young and we drove countless hours in vans from one motocross race to the next, dreaming about seeing the American West. When my son was old enough we got him into the motocross scene too. But we never did organize that road bike trip. Years rolled on and we drifted from home and now found ourselves living in Charlotte, NC. My dad and the rest of our family continues to live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Knowing my son was entering his senior year of high school this year, I decided this summer we'd finally do the trip we had always talked about. But first, he would need a motorcycle of his own. And a motorcycle license. And we'll need to convince my dad to join us....

[Summary video is on page 3...]
Attached Images

roddy409 screwed with this post 05-26-2014 at 09:04 AM
roddy409 is offline   Reply With Quote