Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #151
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post
Any dealer has it, otherwise they would not be able to maintenance it themself...
i've stated it earlier, the Workshop Manual is a *free* download for every owner, just ask your dealer, they won't bite
Yes, dealers have the manual, but it is not free unless you get it illegally or your dealer takes a loss for you.

The workshop manual is "intellectual property," copyrighted, and sold as a part. The digitized downloads are a violation of copyright laws in most of the world and especially in both the US and EU. Note that you can not post digital versions for sale here in ADV and the subject has also been discussed here: http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=1927.0

I (and am sure others) do appreciate the earlier posts with the actual reference and part numbers. As for the rest of the carrying on, please just let it rest here to keep this as a thread of references, and not debates. There are other threads for those.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #152
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Its a violation, to print it out and sell it for money.
Or to spread your own personal copy, around thge internet, and its sollicitation to ask anyone to share his copy, btw...
(so please don't mail me again, if i will share my copy, i won't, there is no need to, everyone can get it, and if you are a valued customer you get it an a nice USB stick, but that is dealer courtisy, so don't demand it...)

In the upper right corner you see the nice flip-out branded USB stick, so it pays out to maintain a good and prosperous relationship with your dealer

I,m quite appalled people seem to think i would share copyrighted material.

I don't, and will never do such things, i'm in the writing business myself and know it would be the end if everyone spreads around intelectual property, underwile playing "sir sanctimoniuos"

i state (for the umpteenth time)

Your dealer can help you to a costfree PDF *if* you are a rightfull owner of the bike.
If one wants to pay lots of money for a printout, its their choice...

This is a *usefull links* thread, please keep it so we can find info fast.

There is allready an General discussion XT1200Z thread...

Rema in Paluda screwed with this post 09-18-2011 at 01:08 AM
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #153
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
I work at a Yamaha dealer in the USA. Our dealer received one copy of the 2012 Super Tenere workshop maintenance manual free from Yamaha. That is what the techs use when they work on a Super Tenere. He got one copy. He did not and cannot get a free copy for every rightful owner of a Super Tenere that bought their Super Tenere at our shop. He can order one for customers thru Yamaha USA and it will cost $93 for each customer that orders one.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #154
XT12NUT
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Dealers get nothing for free that is why the pay the BUSINESS ADMIN fee every month... to cover assembly manuals service manuals etc.
XT12NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:54 AM   #155
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT12NUT View Post
Dealers get nothing for free that is why the pay the BUSINESS ADMIN fee every month... to cover assembly manuals service manuals etc.
Do you have a link to it, because this *is* the link thread, general discussion is elsewhere :-)

So, here's more proof of my statement, to debunk the silly remarks about the cost Yamaha would charge for their manuals...

Edit by pilot: link removed.

But anyone may pay as much as he likes for things Yamaha itself gives away for free, don't mistake Yamaha for another brand, customer satisfacting is way up on their priority list, as stated by their customer polls at the sale, and a One-Year ownership poll...

pilot screwed with this post 09-24-2011 at 12:00 PM
Old 09-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #156
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Do you have a link to it, because this *is* the link thread, general discussion is elsewhere :-)

So, here's more proof of my statement, to debunk the silly remarks about the cost Yamaha would charge for their manuals...

http://parts.yamaha-motor.de/ypec_b2c/

But anyone may pay as much as he likes for things Yamaha itself gives away for free, don't mistake Yamaha for another brand, customer satisfacting is way up on their priority list, as stated by their customer polls at the sale, and a One-Year ownership poll...
In spite of what you keep insisting, XT1200Z service manuals are NOT free in the USA.

Also, your link doesn't work.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #157
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz43 View Post
In spite of what you keep insisting, XT1200Z service manuals are NOT free in the USA.

Also, your link doesn't work.
Okay, i'll hel you again, go to http://www.yamaha-motor.de/de/ look at the top list of icons,click on the first a mini R1 or so, now look at the right side for ersatzteilkatalog, and click the link, then click on the button ersatzteilkatalog öffnen, then click on Blue "Ich stimme zu" button in the pop-up, or new tab (according your chosen behavior), then choose 1001-1500 in Step one drop-down, then xt1200z in step 2, modelyear in step 3.

Hope this helps you enough.

Rema in Paluda screwed with this post 09-24-2011 at 12:48 PM
Old 09-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #158
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,832
Thumbs down Incessant, endless, childish Rema/R3B babbling...

Quote:
Aren't americans allowed to look at german sites or what?

The link doesn't work. Got that? It has nothing to do with restrictions on Americans, or your slurs to the same. When you try and link to it you get the following:

"This access is invalid. (E.00011)"

What about that is there that you don't understand?

And to now to add, after all your additional editing above, with now a *different* link and new instructions - a "Parts Catalogue" is ***NOT*** a Service Manual!

And you preach the following:

Quote:
...because this *is* the link thread, general discussion is elsewhere :-)
And insult others with cracks like "sir sanctimoniuos" [sic] and the like, yet you are the one who continually, endlessly, and incessantly pollutes this thread with your drivel.

I've known my Yamaha dealer for over 25 years. We're great friends. We've ridden together a lot, and I've watched him raise his kids to help operate his very large and impressive dealership. He takes wonderful care of me, and we have discussed the matter of the shop manuals at length.

And as usual, Rema/R3B... You're wrong here. As wrong as you are when you claim tires wear less when they have more weight on them. Yamaha Service Manuals are *NOT* free, nor are they available, free or otherwise at the moment, from the dealer on a CD-ROM or a USB flash drive. Manuals from other countries may be useful in some ways, but it has already been clearly pointed out that the US models differ in significant ways, particularly in the electrical systems and wiring diagrams, from the Euro/Asian/Australian/South African models.

So when are you going to let it drop, Rema/R3B... And let this thread get back to useful links instead of your useless arguing?

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward

Dallara screwed with this post 09-24-2011 at 06:53 PM
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #159
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer: 354
Parts catalogue not Service Manual

Quote:
Okay, i'll hel you again, go to http://www.yamaha-motor.de/de/ look at the top list of icons,click on the first a mini R1 or so, now look at the right side for ersatzteilkatalog, and click the link, then click on the button ersatzteilkatalog öffnen, then click on Blue "Ich stimme zu" button in the pop-up, or new tab (according your chosen behavior), then choose 1001-1500 in Step one drop-down, then xt1200z in step 2, modelyear in step 3.

Hope this helps you enough.
Enough is enough ... Parts Catalogue is not the same as the Service Manual ... end of discussion please ...
Cheers,
Roberto
Thagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:41 AM   #160
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
S10 rear suspension

Hello,

can someone tell me where I can find the compression adjuster of the damper?
I noticed a screw on the right side at the bottom of the damper and I suppose it is for the rebound.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Georgios
Georgios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #161
GrahamD OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgios View Post
Hello,

I noticed a screw on the right side at the bottom of the damper and I suppose it is for the rebound.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Georgios
Hey Georgios,

Pop down to this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...45850&page=636 and ask down there.

This is the abuse department these days. They seem to be friendlier down there, mostly.

And can you other guys please start a thread in Yo momma for me.
That's the spirit.

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #162
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Thanks Graham, I will try.

Georgios
Georgios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #163
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Georgios
The compression adjustment for the forks are the two screws at the bottom of the forks. The rebound adjustment is at the two screws at the top of the fork caps.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #164
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,832
Rear Shock...

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Georgios

IIRC, there is *NO* compression damping adjustment for the stock rear shock. Just the hydraulic preload adjuster and the rebound adjustment screw.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #165
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oops, I thought he was referring to the forks and not the shock. Threw me off when he talked about a screw on the right side bottom. The rebound adjustment on my shock is more like a knob at the bottom of the shock on the shaft center.

Sorry 'bout that.