ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #6346
CavScout
Adventurer
 
CavScout's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 81
Sleepy Strom on the WABDR

It had been a long day on the WABDR. It was nice and warm, the road was soft, sun setting...perfect time for a nap.



__________________
DR650

Adventures of Man

The Previous Big Trip
CavScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #6347
USAIR
picking and riding
 
USAIR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout View Post
It had been a long day on the WABDR. It was nice and warm, the road was soft, sun setting...perfect time for a nap.



Cool pix
Tell us about those boxes

Fred
__________________
2013 WR250R 2007 Wee
www.riverbendphotos.com
YouTube feed
Wallpaper for Montana GPSr
Beware of the Wallnut
USAIR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #6348
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,323
Wondering when the 2012 Wee pics will start showing up on this thread???
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #6349
Riteris
Dessert Runner
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
Oddometer: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantajustride View Post
My New V-Strom.
Took it for a 250 mile ride yesterday

I noticed the cutout in the windscreen.

Did you do that? How does it work?
__________________
Chris

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #6350
hanksmybuddy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
hanksmybuddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Bend, Oregon
Oddometer: 384
Taken yesterday somewhere in Oregon near Unity.

hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #6351
Voluhzia
iExplorer
 
Voluhzia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cary, North Carolina
Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksmybuddy View Post
Taken yesterday somewhere in Oregon near Unity.

I like how those Trekkers look on you Strom.
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #6352
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"
 
Hercules's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Manila, Philippines
Oddometer: 588
A pix taken in Sta. Ana, Cagayan, way up Northern Luzon (East Side) in the Philippines......
Attached Images
 
__________________
"HERC"
"Takin' it easy, to live another day for my family"
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #6353
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"
 
Hercules's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Manila, Philippines
Oddometer: 588
Another shot taken in Sta. Praxedes, Cagayan up Northern Luzon (West side)....
Attached Images
 
__________________
"HERC"
"Takin' it easy, to live another day for my family"
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #6354
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer
 
dhillr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: TN
Oddometer: 1,588
Those cross supports on the back of the boxes look like they work pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavScout View Post
It had been a long day on the WABDR. It was nice and warm, the road was soft, sun setting...perfect time for a nap.



dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #6355
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment
 
Desert Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Tracy, CA
Oddometer: 2,667
Ride last weekend

East of Kaiser Pass

__________________
See what I've been up to! Ongoing Ride Report



Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #6356
Mojo34
Mill Valley boy
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Montpellier, France
Oddometer: 48
Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
Wondering when the 2012 Wee pics will start showing up on this thread???
Does it count if I'm not off-road? Loaded with baggage? Just on a test ride? Might it help that I'm parked in front of a historical private mansion (not mine) in Montpellier, France?



I almost was convinced that choosing a Tiger 800 would be cool, but after trying the 2012 V-strom again I feel that the Suzuki is simply a bike that fits my style and desires better. It feels more "me", whatever that means. Now I will sell the Varadero 125 (best little bike ever!!) and order the Strom on Friday or Saturday.
__________________
"Half the adventure is trying to figure out when and where to stop for a photo."
Mojo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #6357
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,323
I had a 2006 wee and find the Tiger xc superior in every way except price. However the 2012 Strom may be a different animal.
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff....

Riff Raff lives again! Rally Pan Am Dakar 2015
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #6358
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"
 
Hercules's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Manila, Philippines
Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo34 View Post
Does it count if I'm not off-road? Loaded with baggage? Just on a test ride? Might it help that I'm parked in front of a historical private mansion (not mine) in Montpellier, France?



I almost was convinced that choosing a Tiger 800 would be cool, but after trying the 2012 V-strom again I feel that the Suzuki is simply a bike that fits my style and desires better. It feels more "me", whatever that means. Now I will sell the Varadero 125 (best little bike ever!!) and order the Strom on Friday or Saturday.

Beautifull!

I love the new cosmetics of the V-strom!
__________________
"HERC"
"Takin' it easy, to live another day for my family"
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #6359
Wantajustride
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Wantajustride's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Peyton Colorado
Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riteris View Post
I noticed the cutout in the windscreen.

Did you do that? How does it work?
Did the cut-out in the windscreen myself. The buffeting was so bad at all windscreen positions and I couldn't wait for the Madstad brackets. Took about 1/2 hr of time, cost absolutely nothing and stopped almost 90% of the "Head in the Paint Shaker" effect at the tallest setting. For me, the buffeting was so bad I literally had blurred vision @ 65 mph. That is not acceptable. Just to let you know my helmet is an Arai XD3 with a bill. so some buffeting could be from the helmet.
If memory serves me correctly, I found the idea here on ADV Rider in an old thread. Just do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.
__________________
2012 KTM 690 R
2012 KTM 990R Adventure
2014 BMW GSAW
"Walking thru life to an unknown destination and trying to enjoy the adventure getting there"
Wantajustride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #6360
Riteris
Dessert Runner
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
Oddometer: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantajustride View Post
Did the cut-out in the windscreen myself. The buffeting was so bad at all windscreen positions and I couldn't wait for the Madstad brackets. Took about 1/2 hr of time, cost absolutely nothing and stopped almost 90% of the "Head in the Paint Shaker" effect at the tallest setting. For me, the buffeting was so bad I literally had blurred vision @ 65 mph. That is not acceptable. Just to let you know my helmet is an Arai XD3 with a bill. so some buffeting could be from the helmet.
If memory serves me correctly, I found the idea here on ADV Rider in an old thread. Just do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Thanks. Yes, there are plenty of threads around here of people cutting holes in their windscreens.

Yours just happens to look good. (At least from a distance. )
__________________
Chris

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014