User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #721
Hoots Magoon
Hey ya'll, Watch this!

Oddometer: 1,232
Has anyone heard from Linzi? After last night's beat down, I fear for her safety.

Hoots Magoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #722
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 4,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
On another note, Bama's defense is being exposed right now. I thought they were better.

Any other observations, Einstein?
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #723
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,893
Quote:
Good Dog, I am taking a beating this week.

Last time I make my picks after drinking half a bottle of makers.
It was a blood bath for all of us. Eight of the top 25 lost--- so in games you didn't know you couldn't go with conventional wisdom.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #724
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
As an alumnus of a Big Ten institution, I would like to welcome Nebraska to the Big Ten.

koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #725
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR1150GS View Post
Bama's Defense WAS exposed and I don't think the Gators liked what they saw.
I know . I posted that in the first quarter. Then the site crashed. Man Bama looks unreal. Richardson is a beast. How many rushing yards did Rainey and Demps combine for. I know they could not run at all on Bama's defense.

That is saying a lot. They are both speedsters and Bama just shut them down. And it is not going to get any easier for Florida. Without Brantley they still have LSU.

Tough schedule for the Gators this year. Maybe the Dawgs can sneak one out this year.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #726
Cbody
pretentious redneck

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
As an alumnus of a Big Ten institution, I would like to welcome Nebraska to the Big Ten.

As a Nebraskan I would like to say
way to go K-state.
Cbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #727
spanky
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I didn't pick em... but way to go Zoomies.
I haven't yelled at the TV in many years like I did yesterday. Faaaack. One minute I'm sitting on my ass relishing the Mids getting their clocks cleaned and the next image on the screen is the tying 2 point conversion and a 28-28 tie.

AFA's defense was spent and I wasn't sure going on D for OT was the smart thing to do. The rest is history.

Oh, BTW, Navy's QB did mouth off not once but three times. He's lying if he says anything else - the video clip shows exactly why he drew the penalty.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #728
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Oddometer: 15,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots Magoon View Post
Has anyone heard from Linzi? After last night's beat down, I fear for her safety.
What a shit show, huh? We built a fire and sat around outside eating s'mores during halftime and didn't bother to even come back inside until late in the fourth quarter.

Oh, well - at least I got a point for picking Alabama.
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #729
BillR1150GS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Quote:
I know . I posted that in the first quarter. Then the site crashed. Man Bama looks unreal. Richardson is a beast. How many rushing yards did Rainey and Demps combine for. I know they could not run at all on Bama's defense.

That is saying a lot. They are both speedsters and Bama just shut them down. And it is not going to get any easier for Florida. Without Brantley they still have LSU.

Tough schedule for the Gators this year. Maybe the Dawgs can sneak one out this year.
Florida's leading rusher had six yard, Rainey and Demps combined for eight yards ..

2000 R1150gs
2010 FXDC
2012 GL1800 Level 3
BillR1150GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #730
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots Magoon View Post

Crimson Tide steamrolls Gators.
I fear for the Gators after LSU finishes them up in Red Stick next week.
We'll be just fine. I'm not even discouraged. Winning is the priority, but this is still a football team with a first (ever) year head coach. That might sound like an excuse for badly losing the game, but I really like where things are headed under Muschamp. This is the first of many games between Muschamp and Saban and it's going to turn into a great series. Remembering this loss (and last years) is going to keep the kids motivated and the staff hungry. It's easy to look at last night as a failure, but even under Meyer and Tebow the goal every season was to get to the SEC championship. We're still on target to do that. With Jimbo Fisher seeming human again and Miami fresh off their latest scandal, UF is positioned really well in recruiting. We have a great staff and the ability to out-recruit other schools. We'll rebuild and we'll be back. I have no doubt about it. This isn't our first bad loss and it won't be our last. Good coaches know how to turn these games into positives though. Our best days are still ahead of us.

Good game Alabama. I hope you keep up the momentum throughout the the rest of the season. give em hell.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #731
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
We'll be just fine. I'm not even discouraged. Winning is the priority, but this is still a football team with a first (ever) year head coach. That might sound like an excuse for badly losing the game, but I really like where things are headed under Muschamp. This is the first of many games between Muschamp and Saban and it's going to turn into a great series. Remembering this loss (and last years) is going to keep the kids motivated and the staff hungry. It's easy to look at last night as a failure, but even under Meyer and Tebow the goal every season was to get to the SEC championship. We're still on target to do that. With Jimbo Fisher seeming human again and Miami fresh off their latest scandal, UF is positioned really well in recruiting. We have a great staff and the ability to out-recruit other schools. We'll rebuild and we'll be back. I have no doubt about it. This isn't our first bad loss and it won't be our last. Good coaches know how to turn these games into positives though. Our best days are still ahead of us.

Good game Alabama. I hope you keep up the momentum throughout the the rest of the season. give em hell.
What you need to admit to yourself, is that Muschamp might not be the coach you hoped him to be. Seems like the Texas defense is a whole lot better off under Diaz.

So far, it looks like the Peter Principal is alive and well in Gainesville.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #732
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
What you need to admit to yourself, is that Muschamp might not be the coach you hoped him to be. Seems like the Texas defense is a whole lot better off under Diaz.

So far, it looks like the Peter Principal is alive and well in Gainesville.
I should draw conclusions about a head coach 5 games into his first season the day after he lost to the #2 team in the country and his QB was knocked out of the game?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #733
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
I should draw conclusions about a head coach 5 games into his first season the day after he lost to the #2 team in the country and his QB was knocked out of the game?
Gators are still 4-1. This year was going to be mofo of a season for them. LSU and Bama on the schedule. There is no doubt the West is the dominate division this year. The East will be back and Muschamp will be fine. I doubt Meyer would have faired any better this year. Bama is a power house. Saban is new devil in the SEC, and losing to them right now is no reason to hang your head.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #734
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Gators are still 4-1. This year was going to be mofo of a season for them. LSU and Bama on the schedule. There is no doubt the West is the dominate division this year. The East will be back and Muschamp will be fine. I doubt Meyer would have faired any better this year. Bama is a power house. Saban is new devil in the SEC, and losing to them right now is no reason to hang your head.
Like I said, I'm not worried.

Saban's first season at Alabama after two miserable years in the NFL.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...a-crimson-tide
Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #735
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,465
Quote:
Conclusions? No. But, as I stated, maybe the possibility that he may not be up to the task. And, as an astute observer of college football, you DO have to admit that Mr. Diaz is not too shabby in filling his shoes, or nay I say, surpassing him?

As in all things, time will tell.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: