Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #736
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Conclusions? No. But, as I stated, maybe the possibility that he may not be up to the task. And, as an astute observer of college football, you DO have to admit that Mr. Diaz is not too shabby in filling his shoes, or nay I say, surpassing him?

As in all things, time will tell.
Who the hell has Texas played. Get back w us next week when they actually have a good win. I imagine Oklahoma is going to change your perspective on Mr. Diaz
liquidsmile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #737
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,756
Quote:
And, as an astute observer of college football, you DO have to admit that Mr. Diaz is not too shabby in filling his shoes, or nay I say, surpassing him?

As in all things, time will tell.
LSU:
Quote:
Muschamp joined Nick Saban's staff at LSU as linebackers coach in 2001, before rising to become the LSU defensive coordinator in 2002. In 2003, LSU won the BCS Championship with Muschamp's defense leading the nation in both scoring defense (11.0 points per game) and total defense (252.0 yards per game). The Tigers topped the SEC in every major defensive category and also ranked second nationally in defensive pass efficiency (89.8 rating) and third in rushing defense (67.0 yards per game).[5] While at LSU, Muschamp coached four All-Americans including Bradie James, Chad Lavalais, Corey Webster and Marcus Spears. Muschamp left LSU with Saban after the 2004 season to join the Miami Dolphins staff as the assistant head coach in charge of defense.
Auburn:
Quote:
When the Auburn defensive coordinator position became available in January 2006, Muschamp took the opportunity to return to the college game. In 2006, Muschamp's first season at Auburn, the defense finished seventh among NCAA Division I-FBS teams in scoring defense, allowing only 21 touchdowns.[10] In 2007, Auburn led the SEC in scoring defense and finished in the top 10 in four defensive categories (ranking 7th nationally in pass efficiency[11] and 6th nationally in total defense,[12] passing defense[13] and scoring defense[14] among NCAA Division I-FBS teams).
On why Texas made Muschamp the Coach in Waiting to begin with in 2008:
Quote:
"Muschamp's Longhorn defense is leading the Big 12 in rushing defense (82.5 ypg/25th NCAA) and scoring defense (19.5 ppg/25th NCAA). UT ranks second nationally with four sacks per game. The Horns have held all of their Big 12 opponents below their season scoring average and limited six foes to 14 points or less."
the new guy has found ways to beat Iowa State and UCLA. Yes. The defense must have been all Muschamp's fault.

NativeSon screwed with this post 10-02-2011 at 12:19 PM
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #738
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 38,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Aggies--- Utah State-- fourth quarter collapse against intra state rival BYU = loss. Their third collapse this season.

Aggies--- Texas A&M-- fourth quarter collapse against interstate rival Arkansas= loss. Their second fourth quarter collapse this season.

Aggies-- New Mexico State-- playing their intrastate rival the Lobos tonight. We can only hope.
New Mexico must have read this post. 21-0 in the first quarter. Against New Mexico Freaking State. NMSt was much faster than UNM and much could execute pretty much at will. Hell their band even outplayed UNM's (plus their flag girls are cute....NM's ummm well let's just say NMSt's flag girls were cute)

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #739
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
LSU:

Auburn:

On why Texas made Muschamp the Coach in Waiting to begin with in 2008:

the new guy has found ways to beat Iowa State and UCLA. Yes. The defense must have been all Muschamp's fault.
Does the Dilbert Principle trump the Peter Principle?

We got a measure of Muschamp the man, when he stiffed U of T.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #740
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Who the hell has Texas played. Get back w us next week when they actually have a good win. I imagine Oklahoma is going to change your perspective on Mr. Diaz
I have no delusions about the schedule, but I tell ya, for a team that is starting 16 freshmen, and have a freshman and a sophomore sharing QB duties, I pretty impressed so far!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #741
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I have no delusions about the schedule, but I tell ya, for a team that is starting 16 freshmen, and have a freshman and a sophomore sharing QB duties, I pretty impressed so far!
Ok. Texas is a school w recruits that reload not rebuild. We are not talking about Notre Dame here. Freshman or not I am sure most of Texas's team are at minimum 4 star recruits. Like I said, if they win against Oklahoma then Diaz has something to hang his hat on.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #742
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
We got a measure of Muschamp the man, when he stiffed U of T.
Since he was such a bad coordinator, I guess it's a good thing that he stiffed Texas to go to Florida.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #743
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Since he was such a bad coordinator, I guess it's a good thing that he stiffed Texas to go to Florida.
Yepper, correctamondo! I just hope he has more wins, than players arrested this year.

What's it been, 7 so far? Heck, Myer only had 31 arrested in his 5 years, at this rate Muschamp will be over 51 in 5 years.

He needs to clean that program up, but it's pretty tough to preach to the choir when your moral compass is out of kilter.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #744
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yepper, correctamondo! I just hope he has more wins, than players arrested this year.

What's it been, 7 so far? Heck, Myer only had 31 arrested in his 5 years, at this rate Muschamp will be over 51 in 5 years.

He needs to clean that program up, but it's pretty tough to preach to the choir when your moral compass is out of kilter.
remind me, what's your team?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #745
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
remind me, what's your team?
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #746
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing.
for someone I have on block, I do get in a lot of arguments with the idiot.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #747
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
for someone I have on block, I do get in a lot of arguments with the idiot.
Idiot? Not nice.

I grew up in Texas and played HS football. You can figure out my "team" from there.

But, I really like to think that my vast experience from almost 60 years of watching college football, makes me so much more than a one team wonder.

You could learn a lot from me, Grasshopper, it's good that you don't have me blocked.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #748
Linzi
Volvo Driving Soccer Mom

Oddometer: 15,413
I think Muschamp seems like a real douche, and I hope he moves along down the road sooner rather than later. TC described him as FL's Lane Kiffin, and I couldn't agree more.
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #749
Linzi
Volvo Driving Soccer Mom

Oddometer: 15,413
Quote:
I grew up in Texas and played HS football. You can figure out my "team" from there.

But, I really like to think that my vast experience from almost 60 years of watching college football, makes me so much more than a one team wonder.
I swear this reads just like bartkim. If not for the 60 years bit, I'd think it was...
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #750
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 38,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
I swear this reads just like bartkim. If not for the 60 years bit, I'd think it was...

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: