ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #40576
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKDRAW View Post
Here are some pics of our trip to the Barber Vintage Festival over the weekend. ...
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #40577
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The map showed this as a road
Later,
M
We found one of those...

Rasthomas looking back down the hill pondering "WTF did I get into"?

Nothing runs like a Deere, unless it has a broken leg...

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #40578
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKDRAW View Post
My redefined search is on for this bike to start my own cafe racer project.
If you look at sion's sig you'll find:
Quote:
"78 CX500 for sale CHEAP (pm me if interested)"
... and he's local.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #40579
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 520
Man, I hope the rim just slid off the splined axle shaft. That sucks. Hopefully it's not some old guy who'll have to fix it by himself.

Nothing runs like a Deere, unless it has a broken leg...

[/QUOTE]
Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #40580
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
It's true, nothing runs like a deer....right into my fucking car.

This little doe makes 8 I've hit in my life, not counting 1 I grazed without incident, and one that ran broadside into me stopped on the bike.

Three came down off of a bank, I swerved and missed two and the third which had cleared me completely, turned at the last second right back into the truck.

Oh well, at least it's driveable and my new insurance company didn't greet me with the incredulous "Again, really?" that the last one did.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #40581
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post

This little doe makes 8 I've hit in my life, not counting 1 I grazed without incident, and one that ran broadside into me stopped on the bike.

Three came down off of a bank, I swerved and missed two and the third which had cleared me completely, turned at the last second right back into the truck.

Oh well, at least it's driveable and my new insurance company didn't greet me with the incredulous "Again, really?" that the last one did.
I remember dad telling me ..."I haven't hit a deer in the twenty some odd years I've been driving. You've hit three in two years of driving.."

Two nights later two does ran right out i front of his Toyota truck. He stopped before he hit them. The 6 point buck ran straight out of the woods... and right into the side of his truck. THAT was a fun night.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #40582
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,755
Quote:

Did you at least get some of bambi into the freezer?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #40583
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Did you at least get some of bambi into the freezer?
That's the insult to injury, ran limping off. I would have really enjoyed eating that little fucker.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #40584
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post
If you look at sion's sig you'll find:

... and he's local.

thanks...saved me the effort...however, I think the one in quickdraws picture is an 80 or later...different tank in 78 and 79 (butt ugly tank at that)

see here:

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #40585
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
check out the AWESOME name of the suspects

Haircut assaults put glare on Ohio Amish community

BERGHOLZ, Ohio In an unusual public display of trouble among the traditionally guarded Amish, a breakaway group is accused of attacking mainstream members by cutting off their beards and hair, which carry spiritual significance in the faith.
At the center of the dispute is the group's 66-year-old old leader, Sam Mullet, who said he brought his followers from a community dozens of miles away 15 years ago so they could live by a stricter doctrine without interference.
Instead, he has gained a reputation for being authoritarian and vindictive, been accused of running a cult, and become embroiled in a feud with the sheriff after a custody dispute years ago.
"I wanted something better for my children and my grandchildren and the younger ones," he told The Associated Press in a rare interview this week. "I just wanted to drop out of sight and just take life easy."
Hair-cutting attacks against several people, some of them women, have occurred in recent weeks in the area. Amish men typically grow beards as adults and stop trimming them when they marry, and the beards _ and women's long hair _ are held in high esteem.
Mullet denies ordering beard-cuttings but says he wouldn't stop them. They're in response to incessant criticism he has received from other Amish religious leaders about his leadership practices, including excommunicating people in his own group, he said.
The goal was to send a message to Amish in Holmes County that they should be ashamed of themselves for their treatment of the community, which has been called a cult, Mullet said.
"We'd like to get up in the morning, be left alone, live like normal people," Mullet said Monday, speaking at his farm outside Bergholz, a village of about 700 residents where he established his community in 1995. "They won't leave us be."
Authorities in Jefferson County on Saturday arrested two of Mullet's sons, 38-year-old Johnny Mullet and 26-year-old Lester Mullet, and another man from the community, 53-year-old Levi Miller, on burglary and kidnapping warrants out of nearby Holmes County, home to the world's largest Amish community.

link to rest of article:

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article...sh_community/1

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #40586
ArmyJoe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 963
I saw that, too. I expected them all to be Yoder, but got chuckle when I read Mullet.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #40587
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
That's the insult to injury, ran limping off. I would have really enjoyed eating that little fucker.
I am a live and let live person, except that I strongly feel that

The deer must die!

I would extend hunting season to 365 days a year.

Sorry about the 'zuki, Craig.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #40588
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Had an interesting thing happen to the V-Strom yesterday.

I rode it two days ago down to garage day, and then on some gravel and such with Solace after, about 300 miles total. No problems.

I got home and parked it, and then yesterday evening I washed both it and the DR.

After washing it, I went to take it for a spin to dry off the chain and brakes, and the clutch lever was totally limp. It flopped against the handlebar like the cable was broken, which I knew it wasn't, since I had replaced it not that long ago.

I ended up checking the adjustment at both ends and the adjustment nuts at the bottom, where the cable enters the transmission, had completely backed off. I tightened them and adjusted the cable to spec and it's fine.

The wierd thing is how / when it happened. How on earth could it suddenly manifest itself while sitting in my garage? I would have expected it to have happened while in use. I had to pull in the clutch in about 600 times on the ride, and had to clutch in right as I arrived int he garage and parked, and it was working 100%.

Strange.

That is all.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #40589
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I saw that, too. I expected them all to be Yoder, but got chuckle when I read Mullet.
It's appropriate though, given the haircutting.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #40590
swingset
Got the knack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Had an interesting thing happen to the V-Strom yesterday.

I rode it two days ago down to garage day, and then on some gravel and such with Solace after, about 300 miles total. No problems.

I got home and parked it, and then yesterday evening I washed both it and the DR.

After washing it, I went to take it for a spin to dry off the chain and brakes, and the clutch lever was totally limp. It flopped against the handlebar like the cable was broken, which I knew it wasn't, since I had replaced it not that long ago.

I ended up checking the adjustment at both ends and the adjustment nuts at the bottom, where the cable enters the transmission, had completely backed off. I tightened them and adjusted the cable to spec and it's fine.

The wierd thing is how / when it happened. How on earth could it suddenly manifest itself while sitting in my garage? I would have expected it to have happened while in use. I had to pull in the clutch in about 600 times on the ride, and had to clutch in right as I arrived int he garage and parked, and it was working 100%.

Strange.

That is all.
That is weird. Didn't you have a similar problem with the WRR, or am I thinking of someone else?

Either way, you might be actually infested with one of these: