User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #2671
csimon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
VeeNeck - Like the mods!

I really like the Rizoma bits - adds a clean style to it. I have the water pump guard and do believe they design some quality stuff. I might have to add those at teh 7500 mile service - as well as the CRG levers.

How do you like the MRA windscreen and the TPX radar detector? do you have the visual alert mounted somewhere?

Not much left for me to do except get it dirty

I wonder if Kaoko cruise controls can make a specific unit that fits inbetween the handguards and the bar end for this? I know they make one for the GS - but we will have to wait and see.

And yes i agree that if you get a get touring model - then it should come with these handgaurds and mirrors as standard - if not then the original equipment is fine.
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #2672
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
Thumb Multistarda 1200 | Parts & Accessories Visual Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimon View Post
VeeNeck - Like the mods!

I really like the Rizoma bits - adds a clean style to it. I have the water pump guard and do believe they design some quality stuff. I might have to add those at teh 7500 mile service - as well as the CRG levers.

How do you like the MRA windscreen and the TPX radar detector? do you have the visual alert mounted somewhere?

Not much left for me to do except get it dirty

I wonder if Kaoko cruise controls can make a specific unit that fits inbetween the handguards and the bar end for this? I know they make one for the GS - but we will have to wait and see.

And yes i agree that if you get a get touring model - then it should come with these handgaurds and mirrors as standard - if not then the original equipment is fine.
csimon, none of these photos are mine. I am currently finalizing my parts list and uploading photos so others can see what is out there, and trying to help build a Multistarda 1200 | Parts & Accessories Visual Database to see what these parts look like installed. Stock photos are unreliable to really see what the fit and finish of the parts & accessories are like on the bike.

Please feel free to contribute more photos.

The Guru of Style,
Vee

VeeNeck screwed with this post 10-03-2011 at 11:51 PM
VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #2673
VeeNeck
Banned

Ducati Performance Comfort Touring Seat

Here is a great shot and angle of the Ducati Performance Comfort Touring Seat. It definitely looks more sculpted and contoured.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #2674
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
Here is a great shot and angle of the Ducati Performance Comfort Touring Seat. It definitely looks more sculpted and contoured.

I have the Ducati Comfort seat, and it's nice, especially for the money. I bought it thinking I would probably replace it with the Sargent seat when available, but it works very well and it's actually pretty inexpensive compared to some aftermarket seats like the Sargent.
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 AM   #2675
VeeNeck
Banned

Cool2 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring "Race Titanium Matte"

A Titanium Matte color scheme I requested to Ducati USA, along with a production version of the stunning Pikes Peek race bike color scheme. I think the Titanium Matte color is awesome and will do extremely well . But I was thinking this color option as an additional color to the Multistrada line-up NOT to replace the Diamond Black, so no more black for 2012 . By the way the seats look more comfortable.

The Guru of Style,
Vee

Ducati - "The Multistrada 1200 S Touring will also be offered in a brand new “Race Titanium Matte” color scheme with a “Racing Black” frame, arriving in dealerships December, 2011. All 2012 models will have a revised, Comfort-Enhanced Rider’s Seat with an increased front and rear length ..."

VeeNeck screwed with this post 10-23-2011 at 12:48 AM
Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #2676
Bikeaddict
Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer: 204
Yep, its one of the small changes for the 2012 models. A reshaped seat that is. Still, I dig this colour very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
A Titanium Matte color scheme I requested to Ducati USA, along with a production version of the stunning Pikes Peek race bike color scheme. I think the Titanium Matte color is awesome and will do extremely well . But I was thinking this color option as an additional color to the Multistrada line-up NOT to replace the Diamond Black, so no more black for 2012 . By the way the seats look more comfortable.

The Guru of Style,
Vee
Old 10-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #2677
VeeNeck
Banned

Evotech Performance: Rear Wheel Hub Protector Bobbins

www.evotech-performance.com

Ducati Multistrada 1200 2010-2011 Rear Wheel Hub Protector Bobbins
Product Ref: bun000524
£44.93 = $70.00

Ducati Rear Wheel Hub Protector Bobbins
When only the best will do for your Ducati, Evotech’s rear front fork crash bobbins deliver every time.

Ducati Rear Bobbins Specifications:
* Evotech’s Ducati rear spindle protector bobbins are incredibly easy to fit and are retained by stainless steel spindles and stainless nyloc nuts, for added security.
* These spindle bobbins are imbued with the strength of ten tigers. Made in England from high performance engineering polymer and aluminium, protect your expensive fork bottoms and brake callipers in the event of a spill.
* The Ducati spindle bobbin kit compromises two bobbins, spindle, nuts, washers and fitting instructions.
* Should you need replacements at any time, Evotech supplies individual components.

It’s a fact of motorcycling life that your machine will incur costly bumps and scrapes every so often. That’s why Evotech has designed the very best spindle bobbins to give your Ducati the ultimate protection without blemishing its good looks.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #2678
690rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
The shape of my Pike's Peak bike is definitely different than other MTS's and it is CRAZY comfortable! It also eliminates the need for a "low" seat. If that's the seat that will be coming on the rest of the 2012,'s I think people will be very pleased....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeaddict View Post
Yep, its one of the small changes for the 2012 models. A reshaped seat that is. Still, I dig this colour very much
690rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #2679
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690rider View Post
The shape of my Pike's Peak bike is definitely different than other MTS's and it is CRAZY comfortable! It also eliminates the need for a "low" seat. If that's the seat that will be coming on the rest of the 2012,'s I think people will be very pleased....
I just purcased a pikes peak seat for mine and I dont see a significant difference between it and the stock seat. All in all, the MS 1200 seat is the most comfortable stock seat I've ever ridden on.
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #2680
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Interesting, I am not that fond of the stock seat. For the first hour it seems better then my VTR was but after that, the monkey butt starts. My Airhawk helps though.

Does anyone have a good source for touch up paint for the red? Mine is starting to show some knicks from the usual maintenance, upgrades and parking lots.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #2681
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramv View Post
My Airhawk helps though.
+1

Stock seat + Airhawk (properly inflated, meaning nearly flat!) = all day comfort, at least for me. My departed GS, even with the seat in the high position in the front and low in back, was still a nut buster, even with the Airhawk. The Duc seat is dished and has a flat area, so no problem!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #2682
gigeorge
n00b

Oddometer: 9
After much debate over what next bike to get, it came down to the ktm adv r and the multi touring.. I think im going to visit riders in Bristol this weekend, test ride and purchase. My only concern being i've read reports on the standard seat not being that comfortable..
gigeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #2683
sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
The 990ADVR is roomier than the MTS12, but the big diff is the ride quality depending on the surface. Functionally, the choice is straightforward... if frequent and serious off road journeys are on the horizon go 990ADVR, otherwise opt for the MTS12. On road, the KTM doesn't compare. Off road, the MTS12 doesn't compare.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #2684
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigeorge View Post
After much debate over what next bike to get, it came down to the ktm adv r and the multi touring.. I think im going to visit riders in Bristol this weekend, test ride and purchase. My only concern being i've read reports on the standard seat not being that comfortable..
Another point you might want to consider, the 950 / 990 Adventures are supposedly absolute horrors in high wind conditions, being amongst the most slab slided, tall and lightweight examples, of the adventure touring types.

I've spent 7 years NOT enjoying my 04 DL1000 in my prairie / Rockies region, due to it's abhorrent behaviours in said conditions. A bike's susceptibility to adverse wind conditons and vibration levels, are for me two of the biggest non-reported issues, found or denied, on the motorcycling web.

Sometimes a test ride on a windy day is to one's advantage, good luck with your choices gigeorge !

996DL

996DL screwed with this post 10-12-2011 at 08:38 AM
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #2685
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
The 990ADVR is roomier than the MTS12, but the big diff is the ride quality depending on the surface. Functionally, the choice is straightforward... if frequent and serious off road journeys are on the horizon go 990ADVR, otherwise opt for the MTS12. On road, the KTM doesn't compare. Off road, the MTS12 doesn't compare.
+1

I will add this: The KTM makes a better on-road bike than the Multi makes an off-road bike, so as sfarson says, if you intend to take the bike off-road much (I mean real off-road, not fire roads, etc....any bike will work there), get the KTM. Otherwise, the Multi is excellent for everything except single track, which it will do, but with side panels costing in excess of $600 each , you better get some good armor for it.

6500 miles on my Mutly and still in love.....

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote