Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #2266
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,010
Wow. That Garwood unit looks awesome.... it would be really cool to have a tail light / led blinker kit so you could just do it all in one kit.

This seems like it has to be done for eveyone....might jist as well make it a kit.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #2267
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseret Rider View Post
[
And now, for the grand unveil... my brandy spanky new 530 EXC after (most ) all of the farkling and required mods have been made....

Or did you decide against rotor guards?
I haven't decided against them, just a budget issue at this point. My bike is brand new, (3hrs on it now - must be time for another oil change, and new top end....) so I'm not planning on taking it on super tight trails just yet....although I'm not just fire roading it either....I'll put them on at some point....not sure which I may go with...there's some good looking ones and some really tough, but heavy looking ones.....

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
Old 10-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #2268
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC8TY View Post
Where did you run the fuel line from the right side petcock? I think the instructions say (I didn't get them with my tank) to run the line around the front of the cylinder, right above the header pipe, to the carb, via the T piece.

I ran mine around the rear, double insulated from heat, between the carb (over the inlet boot) and the cylinder and it works well.
Yeah man...I looked at that routing over the header and just shivered! Stop! Drop! Roll!

I did like you and went over the carb boot, I ran it pretty hot the other day, and had no vapor lock issue or whatnot. The one thing I have noticed is I turned on the petcock on the left (clutch lever) side and forgot to turn on the right....the bike started to run out of gas with about 2 gallons still in it. Once I turned on both petcocks (did not go reserve) it straightened right out and ran fine again....I think it creates a vacuum lock in the line, kind of like when you hold your finger on the end of a straw.....

I can take some pics of the routing if it would help you, just let me know.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #2269
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Oddometer: 496
I have a Promoto Billet rack that I may want to sell off my 530. Anyone interest...PM me.

Here's the link....

http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog...roducts_id/455

'09 KTM 300XC
'13 KTM 250XC

ekms377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #2270
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Yeah man...I looked at that routing over the header and just shivered! Stop! Drop! Roll!

I did like you and went over the carb boot, I ran it pretty hot the other day, and had no vapor lock issue or whatnot. The one thing I have noticed is I turned on the petcock on the left (clutch lever) side and forgot to turn on the right....the bike started to run out of gas with about 2 gallons still in it. Once I turned on both petcocks (did not go reserve) it straightened right out and ran fine again....I think it creates a vacuum lock in the line, kind of like when you hold your finger on the end of a straw.....

I can take some pics of the routing if it would help you, just let me know.

Sounds like the same setup I run except I run the line under the carb. Here's a few pics of my setup. ( clamps are removed in these shots. I've since replaced the larger hose with a head shielding made for automotive fuel line.)

Get a good quality T-fitting instead of the cheesy plastic unit the tank comes with.

I also use another section of larger hose as a heat/abrasion guard to protect the fuel line. I run a quality silicone fuel line like the motion pro stuff as well as an external filter for extra insurance during remote desert travel.

Use snap ties to keep the fuel line away from the header.

Hodakaguy
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #2271
bikepikespeak.com
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
oil burn

Questions for the knowledge...
I have noticed the past two times I rode my bike for a couple hours or more that the next day when I happen to look at my sight glass the oil is no where to be seen. I know specifically this last time it was at least 3/4 of the way up... Should I not worry about the sight glass and only measure based off of what goes in and how much comes out...or is this a ridiculous amount of oil to be missing after one ride?
bikepikespeak.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #2272
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

OK....I did mention that I was going sell my Promoto Billet rear rack. However, I am also going to sell my HT oil cooler. PM if interested. If I do not get any responses......I'll post up in the flea market section.

HT Cooler........SOLD. Still have the rack.

'09 KTM 300XC
'13 KTM 250XC

ekms377 screwed with this post 10-21-2011 at 04:53 AM
Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #2273
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,250
Anybody know where I might be able to find wiring diagrams for the XC-W / EXC?
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #2274
ekms377
The 2-Stroke Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusgatos View Post
Anybody know where I might be able to find wiring diagrams for the XC-W / EXC?
I downloaded the whole manual from somewhere......if you can't find it.......shoot me a PM with your e-mail.

'09 KTM 300XC
'13 KTM 250XC

Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 AM   #2275
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Hodakaguy,

What tank is that you have and what is its capacity? I was looking at the Clockworks 3+ gallon tank.
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #2276
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekms377 View Post
I downloaded the whole manual from somewhere......if you can't find it.......shoot me a PM with your e-mail.
Thanks, it's jesse@cruxstudio.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny View Post
Hodakaguy,

What tank is that you have and what is its capacity? I was looking at the Clockworks 3+ gallon tank.
pretty sure that's the big acerbis tank. But if you're onoy looking for a 3+ gallon tank, have never seen a better-made/better-fitting/better/looking tank than the 3.4 gallon acerbis tank. Built-in radiator shrouds, but no wider than stock.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #2277
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 1,986
Quote:
Hodakaguy,

I have two tanks, the large 6 gallon Acerbis tank or desert travel and the Clockworks 3.4 gallon unit (CLICK HERE) for normal use. The smaller Acerbis is a great unit as well but I like that the clockworks carries the fuel lower and I prefer the looks of the stock shrouds. The Clockworks unit is very thin and narrow...you won't tell it from stock when on the bike. My favorite medium tank.

Hodakaguy
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #2278
Krazyjohnny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Trying to get prepped for little ride on Sunday. Still figuring out the new to me punkin' and have found out that the PO installed the 48 pilot jet, the 175 main jet, and the blue needle. The PO did not de-smog the bike so it has a stumble off idle and does not like to "tractor" in first very smoothly. I don't have time to go through the de-smog so I may re-insert the 42 pilot jet and re-set the screw.

Any thoughts?
08' 530 EXCR, 09' Yamaha FZ-6 and dreaming of a new bike
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #2279
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Trying to get prepped for little ride on Sunday. Still figuring out the new to me punkin' and have found out that the PO installed the 48 pilot jet, the 175 main jet, and the blue needle. The PO did not de-smog the bike so it has a stumble off idle and does not like to "tractor" in first very smoothly. I don't have time to go through the de-smog so I may re-insert the 42 pilot jet and re-set the screw.

Any thoughts?
I think it would be easiest to desmog, since with the carb work already done, it will take like 30 mins.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #2280
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:

Any thoughts?
The 48 pilot is stock jetting for a restricted/smogged bike. Perhaps adjusting your fuel screw might help? IIRC, the Jd settings recommend staying with the 48 pilot unless you desmog and derestrict.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote