Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #11
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Thursday ride with Dad

Still owe some photos and write-up on Toroweap ride with Eddie, but why post when you can ride, heh?

Thursday at my house is cleaning day . . . when the cleaning ladies come . . . if possible, I go. As usual, Dad was ready. Since Toroweap (yesterday) was a cold ride, I decided to head west of town with Dad (somewhat warmer). We rode from Bloomington up to the Apex Mine Road -- officially, the Mojave Desert Joshua Tree Scenic Backway -- and followed it down Bulldog Canyon back to pavement at Old Highway 91, the "other" side of the Utah hill. Then pavement back to St. George. About 60 miles total. As always, a great ride with Dad.

A few pics, since this was the ride of the day, then back to the Toroweap post. Here's me, sporting the new Tourmaster Air Intake Two Jacket in HiViz Yellow. So far,

Dad, in Honda Red, as we start to gain elevation, shortly after leaving Bloomington.

And the WRR on the "other" side of the Utah hill, near the end of the Mojave Desert Scenic Backway, in Joshua Tree National Landmark, an area badly burned by fire about 10 years ago. (Before my time in the area.)

I'll get back to the Toroweap ride soon, unless that is all my free time is spent back on the bike. Lots of exploring still to do. Ride safe fellow inmates.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976

RedRockRider screwed with this post 10-27-2011 at 11:59 PM
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote