User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 AM   #1
vaish OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Thumb Short Rides - INDIA

Dear fellow ADV riders .. i used to do a lot of short rides .. i would like to share them to you all .. i believe that even i get to see a lot of other country's photos and videos from here so its my honor to show you my land .. :)

The first ride is to Sathyamangalam , Its located at TAMIL NADU state in India , South India . This ride just with my 2 months old bike ..

Total distance rode : 240 km

I had my friend and colleague along with me for the ride , we started off by morning 5am but due to rain we had a delay of one hour as i was not having any rain coat actually we had planned for OOTY but we had changed the destination by mid night .. but that was a good choice . Sathyamangalam is totally a village land and also got one small town .. you could check out more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathyamangalam

During the ride my friend had got a problem with his bikes breaks .. which took some time of ours on the ride .. but then we found one more spot near by to visit from the mechanic so that stop for his bike was worth .. LUCKY US
it was great fun riding , we had good NH [ NH : National Highways .. ] but then we could not find any wild animals on the road .. it was totally empty and my other fear was rain .. but god blessed with no rain .. and we had returned safe from the ride .. took some unknown roads .. but it all became worth we got to see the whole village from top of the hill which was one great view ..

Map :

Over all Teaser :

vaish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
vaish OP
Adventurer

Sathayamangalam Ride Photos

Cornering me

Trucks of south India

This guys seams innocent but beware .. they are dangerous

Bavanisager Dam - Built by British Government when they ruled in India

Bavanisager Dam

The TVS 50

The traditional boat ride ..

The spicy fish fry

ME
Old 10-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 827
Some great photos! Please post more when you can

Cheers
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,287
Three wild & crazy guys.

Good report again.

Keep them happening.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
vaish OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
Some great photos! Please post more when you can

Cheers
sure

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang55 View Post
Three wild & crazy guys.

Good report again.

Keep them happening.
my mom too say so ?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
vaish OP
Adventurer

funny :D

i dunno where to post this .. so i am putting it here

Attached Images

Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
vaish OP
Adventurer

Thumb Munnar

Details about munnar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munnar

i hope most of all remember Coorg – Ooty –Munnar Route Crowned the World’s Ultimate Riding Wonder at the same day we lost Marco Simoncelli .. it was way long before i allways wanted to ride to munnar and when i came to the city KOCHI for work it became more eazy .. coz the place was just 150km + from Kochi .. but due to work and stuff i had no time for the ride and had been dome someother place like vagamon and idamalayar .. and i have the idamalayar ride posted above ...

well i was done with one of my project " i am interior designer " i was so frustrated to work for my company who dun pay me on time and make my works worse .. so this is it a project is completed after a lot of stress and strain .. i need a refreshment .. oh now the problem .. my pay would get credited only by mid of this month and then that time i wont get a day like yesterday and then smsed few of my riders and one among them joined me ..

we started the ride yesterday morning by 5am and we decided to have our break fast as we were sure that we can cover 15km in some 3 hours if there is no fog or rain and our plan was to ride to KANTHALORE which is some 50km far from munnar .. the only place in KERALA where you can find apple trees and then from there a route which would take us directly to top station .. that route have not tried by any one among our riding group and then we inquired and found it , that we have to do some off roading form some 20km to reach and that was a short cut .. or else we have ride back again 50km to munnar from kanthalore and that would simply take a good time form our day and we thought to make this happen by a day and the problem was we have get back to the down hill before 5pm or else the road is so small and scary .. bus and truck route so its bit hard.. well then we had option 2 .. to stay back if we had to.

so that was the plan above .. and we started off our bikes ... we enjoyed the early morning bliss till we reached adimali .. 40km away from munnar .. and took a break and started riding .. it was just 11km to reach munnar " a jeep ahead me indicating his right indicator and truned to right a bit then he realized he took a wrong trun and he steered left with out even knowing i was just close to hem .. and then the bad time... i did not felt what happened .. i was lying on road .. the bike was 30 mtr away .. now what ? my leg is hurting and there it is my nee was cut to deep ... and then my dream has to call off .. my friend took me to the near by hospital and got 4 stichs .. i was so upset and with the pain i decided not to give up .. my other riders called and asked me to drop the bike there is a hotel he mentioned but .. i dunno i just got some guts and rode back another 150km with one leg and just front break all the way back from munnar to kochi .

now i lie on bed with pain and thinking to complete the ride ones am fine
Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
vaish OP
Adventurer

photographs from the MUNNAR ride

The hospital .. where i got all medic supports

the pants got teared off totally

oh yes thats me after ..i got out of hospital

sangeet with his ride .. we both going back to collect my bike at the accident site

me again ..

this is how i rode back .. keeping my leg straight i was not able to fold it and keep on foot rest so that i can use my back break
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
heffe
#$%^&U*&^%$#@

Oddometer: 5,054
heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
RedRockRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Nice photos. Beautiful country.

Ride safe, my friend. There are crazy drivers everywhere.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
vaish OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockRider View Post
Nice photos. Beautiful country.

Ride safe, my friend. There are crazy drivers everywhere.
i swear .. specially India is a crazy country when we are on road ...
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #12
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Pls post a few more on Sathyamangalam Forest if you can; I've a ride planned through Western Ghats for 7-8 days & your pics will help me reroute my itinerary. Tks.
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #13
telejojo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
What are those short scrub looking trees on the hills ? beautiful
telejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
vaish OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Pls post a few more on Sathyamangalam Forest if you can; I've a ride planned through Western Ghats for 7-8 days & your pics will help me reroute my itinerary. Tks.

few photos ? if so its the same .. the route i took is coimbatore - bhavanisager dam - sathy .. if you take this route its a empty road , well very good road and some typical short tree Forrest on both side .. and then from sathy we came same route but took a left instead of right .. we came from right and the left just leads you to sathy town and from there we went to .. hmm i forgot the place name .. but its a dam built by British guys and a small dam a good spot visit and have delicious fish fry .. hehehe... we took some unknow route at the top .. the mysore route .. we reached some village
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
vaish OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by telejojo View Post
What are those short scrub looking trees on the hills ? beautiful
i have no idea :) .. well i will find out and let you know