Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #16
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanveen
cool story, those sidecars really are the best, I have ridden a Dnieper with a sidecar, same bike I think but without that neat earls fork or the disc brake, did you add that yourself or do they come with it, is the bike still a 650 or did they bump it up, I was working for a motorcycle dealer at the time and he decided to deal in those bikes, they had these weird russian made carbs that wouldn't stop leaking, finally put german bings on the bikes which seemed to fix them, the sidecar was the best piece of the bike, I remember riding on the westside of okanagan lake before it was paved and bouncing up and down generally shaking the hell out of myself, my wife who was like 7 or 8 months pregnant sitting in the car telling me how smooth the ride was
Howdy Vanveen,

The "Dnieper" and the "Ural", are two very different machines. The Ural, is being built "now", the Dnieper was being built many years ago, the bikes that are available now are just a bunch of left over parts that are sold as "kits".

The Ural being built now is a MUCH improved bike over what it was in the past, they now have a 750 engine, much better electrics, fit and finish, they come with Japanese carbs and Italian switch gear and seals, way better then the old Russian stuff.

The only way to judge the new Urals is to go to a dealer and drive one, they really are a hoot

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #17
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads. Jurgen must keep looking at Mr.Cob and the Ural threads.
Oh and thanks for the excellent-if inticing pics Cyborg.

Jurgen
Howdy Jurgen,

Hey, I fixed your post for you

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #18
McB
Joe 40 ouncer

Oddometer: 15,425
Anybody got one of these within, say 150 miles of Topeka Kansas? I have a good friend whose Parkinsons keeps him from riding much at all on a two-wheeler. He's getting some serious interest going in something with a sidehack, and likes the Ural for it's twd (lives out in the country where there's woods and stuff to use it). Would sure like to see one in the flesh.
McB is online now   Reply With Quote