Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #961
nsx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
I found that in my searching, but it was sold three months ago. Thanks for trying.
nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #962
Thumber
Sweden

Oddometer: 31
Dala Navigation Challange 2011

Well what can I say...

My weekend started off on friday morning. Packed up my gear, meaning tent, sleepingbag, maps, camel back, clothes and some tools for roadside repair. (Surprisingly small amount of tools needed to take a highland apart)

During the week before I made and fitted a larger fairing and the 21/18" weels where equiped with Maxxis 6001:s. I also put the roadbook i place and also a simple bike computer to keep track of the track so to speek.

356 kms of tarmac and gravel roads where covered on friday afternoon and i arrived at Laxsjön at 17:30. Just in time to put the tent up, get a shower and grab a beer before dinner. After dinner the planning took place and i found a friend to do the challange with. He drove a Cagiva Elephant with a 900cc Ducati engine. Two quite exotic bikes!

Team name was decided to be Exotics and the rest of the evening whas spent planning the special stages, the checkpoints and the routes in between. We wanted to visit 6 checkpoints (minimum 5 to enter the challange) and to do 11 SS:es. All in all we planned to drive 245 kms of gravel road, paths and one small peet bog. All in all the SS:es and the CP:s would give us 265 points and we expected to get another 8 points for socializing with other drivers. (Great rule!) This would give us a total of 518p.

The team mate Sam whas a fast little devil on his Cagiva and i had trouble keeping up with him on gravel roads but as the going got tuffer the highland proved superior. The Cagiva got stuck on stones and in the bog for some 15 minutes but the highland just overtook it all! Great bike, but i would like a better skid plate that protects the oil filter and the pipes better.

Anyways the navigation whas running like clockwork and we where lost only ones for four minutes. The roads and tracks where great and this year one of the SS:s whas a 11km roadbook with 45 notes. Alot of "reset trip" button pushing! Whe hade two breaks for a snack and had lunch for half an hour. The total amout of time we where allowed to spend whas 9 hrs and our starting time whas 08:11 and we finished the challenge at 17:09, 8 hrs 58 minutes after staring! All in all we ended up at 538 points, a difference of 20 from our prediction of 518 and this landed us the first spot in the challange, same as last year.

In the evening we had a barbeque and watched movies and pics from the day. One or two beers might have been consumed.... On sunday morning we had the opportunity to run a 135km long roadbook on the very best gravel roads i have ever ridden! After lunch i headed home (on asphalt roads because of the leeky oil filter)

A great great weekend and i really think you should take the opportunity to try it. It will be back next year in a similar form.

Cheers

/TF
Thumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #963
nsx
Gnarly Adventurer

Wiring Diagram

Does anyone have a copy of a wiring diagram they could send me? I'm assuming there is no service manual available, but if I'm wrong I would like to buy one.

Thanks for any help.

Robert
Old 09-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #964
Oldobi
Olli

Oddometer: 30
Hello
I am intersted also in an manual and wireing plan. Please send it to me also if you can get it.

Olli
Honda CR 250 R 1994
BMW F800GS 2010
Oldobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #965
nsx
Gnarly Adventurer

Olli, no one has responded, so I guess we're out of luck. I'm attempting to reconnect the wiring behind the windscreen, and there are two 9 pin connectors that will both connect to each other. There is no continuity of wire colors through the connectors no matter how they're connected, so without a wiring diagram showing wire colors, connecting them is just guessing. So I have a 50% chance of getting it right, but I don't know what might be damaged if I guess wrong.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #966
Oldobi
Olli

Question Copie the wiring of other Machine

Hello Robert

Is it not a option to copie from other Motocycles? I will make Fotos if you want, but I think I got the oldes machine here. 1999 with carburator. They made realy big changes until 2003.

Olli
Honda CR 250 R 1994
BMW F800GS 2010
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #967
Lorretto
City Dweller Crushperado

Oddometer: 315
Robert and Olli

PM me an email address and I'll send you what I have for a 2004 with EFI
Lorretto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #968
Thumber
Sweden

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
Does anyone have a copy of a wiring diagram they could send me? I'm assuming there is no service manual available, but if I'm wrong I would like to buy one.

Thanks for any help.

Robert
I really think you should contact Frank or Lillen at Rollox AB (www.rolloxab.se +46 451 611 00) They are REALLY helpful and sent me a copy of the diagram for my bike and also alot of other info of interrest.

/TF
Thumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #969
Lorretto
City Dweller Crushperado

New CEO for US Highland

U.S. Highland issued a press release that they have a new CEO

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-Highland-Inc-Announces-New-prnews-2606664049.html?x=0&.v=1
Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #970
supermoto51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
More News

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-Hig...77221.html?x=0
For your reeding enjoyment
SM51
supermoto51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #971
Lorretto
City Dweller Crushperado

Kurt - great to hear things are coming together. Anything you can share as to the direction UHLN will be taking - bike MFG, engine MFG or combination with an OEM
Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #972
nsx
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Leeds View Post
Hi Robert,

There is obviously going to be some time overhead in this development but I expect there will be a way to go that suites most people with Highlands. Already there are requests coming in for dual inlet conversions, particularly in Sweden (quite a few Highlands there) but this conversion is not yet a straight bolt on as you can see. There is no reason though that in the not so distant future there could be something near, we've just got to keep Johan sweet.

Good luck

John
Is this project dead (dual inlet conversions)? Even one that's not a straight bolt on?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #973
Oldobi
Olli

Question Fuel consumption

Hello

What is your fuel consumption of your bikes???

Olli
Honda CR 250 R 1994
BMW F800GS 2010
Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #974
950v2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
0,6-1,1 litres/10km depending on the driving agressitivity.
2004 model with fuel injection.
950v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #975
Keithy
Chaotically Keith

Oddometer: 285
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
Is this project dead (dual inlet conversions)? Even one that's not a straight bolt on?
Not sure which project you mean....but I've made some wax patterns for Johns bike.....the twinlet can be seen in almost it's final form.......However John is a big rough lad and crushed the throttle body when taking a peep at it

I'll possibly have it cast and machined for spring....then find a victim to test it as John's engine let go

If you mean another project then please disregard :)
Attached Images

Keithy is offline   Reply With Quote