User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
divaha OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Albania Rally 2012 - June 8-15 - EAO partner for UK, Ireland, BeNeLux

The Albania rally is an off-road rally open to bikes, quads and cars. Six days of competion against a demanding course, the clock and the other competitiors. It's a Rally Raid type 'license free' competition. The Albania rally roadbooks are best in class as well as the very divers landscape and 1500 km of rally tracks. The time keeping, safety and staff of the rally will be improved for next years event. There are multiple classes like, light enduro bikes, heavy 2-cylinder bikes and women class. More info on the rally you can find on www.rallyalbania.org

EAO Belgium became official Albania rally agent partner for UK, Ireland and BeNeLux. EAO (Enduro Adventure Organisition) is the longest establised Benelux owned international offroad tour and rally service company operating today. Formed in 1997 and headed by multi Tuareg rally podium finisher Martin Fontyn. For the Albania Rally will EAO provide rally service, bike, parts and laguage transportation for 2000 Euro. This includes rally fee, hotel accommodation etc. The UK and Irish participants bikes will be picked-up 2 weeks before the start of the rally in Calais.

It will be an unforgettable experience in Albania from mountains to beaches, from gravel to swamps and stones. Four weeks ago the EAO-team went to Albania for a try-out weekend. Together with the rally director we went riding and we were astonished by the landscape and variety of routes. The rally will be fun for all skills of riders from novice to ex-Dakar participants. To see the pictures of our trip on our FB page click http://on.fb.me/vYMLWj. If you like to have more information don't hesitate to visit our website www.eaob.eu give us a call +32 487638060 or write an email eao@telenet.be.

See you next year!!

Attached Images

divaha screwed with this post 11-11-2011 at 06:13 AM
divaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
darmst6829
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by divaha View Post

The Albania rally is an off-road rally open to bikes, quads and cars. Six days of competion against a demanding course, the clock and the other competitiors.
It will be an unforgettable experience in Albania from mountains to beaches, from gravel to swamps and stones.
From the pics it looks fantastic!

Dave
darmst6829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
In!!!!! Sending my entry in very soon!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
I think the Albania Rally is getting better every year,

There was a thread on here regarding the 2011 edition, apart from some delays in daily results
and mix-ups in accomodation, everybody seemed to have a great time. Most said the route was very
challenging (I remember one inmate stating that it made the rocky roads in Morocco look like
pebble paths )
it's part of the Balkan Rally series, 4 races in total:

The others are:
Evia Rally Raid (5 days, April 2012, in central Greece)
Balkan offroad Marathon (11 days in September, passes through Greece, Bulgaria and Albania)
24Hours offroad (late November, Central Greece)

I am definitely starting next year with Evia in April and hoping to follow the whole series (funds permitting)
Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
divaha OP
Adventurer

@crankshaft; welcome at the club ;) we are now already with a nice group of people from UK, Belgium and Netherlands. Feel free to ask any information you want to have

@ Brodovitch; hope to meet you in Albania in 2012 as well!

Old 11-18-2011, 01:51 AM   #6
David P.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Yup, Swedish delegation RallyRaidSweden of 5 members had a super time this year!! An incredibly beautiful country and friendly people as well as a very friendly org. We will be riding in with a significantly larger team next year. We will have many top10 contenders as well as a few podium candidates. Don't make it too easy for us to dominate in Albania, go there and put up a fight! /Poster boy
Old 11-18-2011, 04:26 AM   #7
divaha OP
Adventurer

Hi David,
Off course we will ;) For now it looks promissing as in our EAO-team probably will be 2 ex-Dakar participants. Hope you guys don't bring too much competition for me on the SE?

Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 AM   #8
divaha OP
Adventurer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTC8v...ature=youtu.be

click the link to watch the Albania rally movie. Have fun!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
divaha OP
Adventurer

Service package including rally fee already from 2000 Euro's. Participating with more friends we can me a group discount.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P. View Post
Yup, Swedish delegation RallyRaidSweden of 5 members had a super time this year!! An incredibly beautiful country and friendly people as well as a very friendly org. We will be riding in with a significantly larger team next year. We will have many top10 contenders as well as a few podium candidates. Don't make it too easy for us to dominate in Albania, go there and put up a fight! /Poster boy
I Pm'd you awhile back and never got a response, are you guys answering PM's here or are the shut off?

Been doing a lot of reading and most of all, enjoying the pictures. The terrain is beautiful and rugged, my favorite. The more technical the better!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
divaha OP
Adventurer

I am so sorry I don't know what is going wrong and why I never received your PM. Please send all your questions to;
eao@telenet.be

or give us a call;
+32487638060

Hope I can make it good by posting some extra pictures

Old 12-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
I am so sorry I don't know what is going wrong and why I never received your PM. Please send all your questions to;
eao@telenet.be

or give us a call;
+32487638060

Hope I can make it good by posting some extra pictures

We're good, wasn't calling you out, just asking how to get in touch with the Rally 950 folks I would love to ride my SE in this rally but I don't think it makes a lot of sense to pay the shipping and deal with customs.
Well for me anyway, I just don't have the time.

Been itching to do a proper marathon rally but I don't ever see myself spending the money that people spend on the Dakar I like having a house, savings account and eating well

Thanks for the pictures, they're excellent!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
divaha OP
Adventurer

Thats funny I will compete on a SE as well!

Cost are not comparable with the Dakar. Total cost (rally fee & service, fuel, flight ticket to Tirana, food, etc) will be +/- 2500 Euro.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Thats funny I will compete on a SE as well!

Cost are not comparable with the Dakar. Total cost (rally fee & service, fuel, flight ticket to Tirana, food, etc) will be +/- 2500 Euro.

What I meant was, I WISH I was competing on my SE but the shipping would be silly when I can rent a bike at the event.

I think this Rally is a great value, more rally for your dollar!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
divaha OP
Adventurer

who is providing rental bikes? The organisation isn't? I know they tried 4 years ago but did stop with the rental business.

divaha screwed with this post 12-10-2011 at 01:58 PM