Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
OMW OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Red Oktober Crich National Tram Museum

Every year in October the National Tramway Museum hosts "Red Oktober" which turns the recreated street in to a slice of the Eastern Bloc. http://www.tramway.co.uk/events/130/red-oktober The show was originally aimed at cars but we decided to enter our bikes. I entered my MZ ETZ250 Sidecar, and my friends entered MZ TS150 ( Neil ) MZ TS150 ( Gary ) and CZ 175 ( Barry ). The trip started in West Cheshire at 7.00am and we rode through to Crewe to meet Barry as the sun came up. Thankfully the weather was kind and it turned out to be a clear sunny day. The ride up in the Derbyshire peak district was stunning but I am sorry there are no pictures We stopped once for Barry to get his circulation back in his fingers ! The CZ's bars vibrate a little ! Our convoy got plenty of looks and the four two stokes made a sound not often heard anymore. We arrived at the tram museum at just after 9am. The first thing we saw was a Gaz DDR military Jeep so we knew we had the right place. We were told there was a bike parking area down the end of the street so we thought we might not be the only bikes there. We arrived to find a newish Jawa 350 with Velorex and a MZ ETZ125. Soon after we arrived a Dnepr arrived to add to the variety.

OMW screwed with this post 11-25-2011 at 02:20 PM
OMW is offline   Reply With Quote