Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #121
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 2,827
This could be a bicycle trials paradise.

AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #122
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,325
I like this thread. Gives me all kinds of ideas.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #123
Wyobrew
Missed it by that mu

Oddometer: 446
Big backyard, big objects

I am just beginning in trials and love the various ideas you all have shown. I have begun to set up some obsticles for endurocross and trials practice as well...

I got these right before the snow hit.

Wyobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #124
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,325
Beginner setup, as I figure out this whole balance and slow thing..

4' wall, almost vertical. Plenty of natural terrain here in NH that's fun to ride on. Rocks everywhere, trees naturally down in the woods, etc.. Today might be our last 60deg day for quite a while

Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #125
BigSkyDabber
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Ultimate home practice ... ?

Took a road trip Saturday to our Montana Beta dealers place for some riding . Dan at Mossy Rock Trials has set up about the ultimate practice site I've seen ... all "natural" but on land thats got little to offer "naturally" for trials practice . He's hauled in rocks & BIG cottonwood logs & done a bang-up job of making incrediable sections . We were having so much fun I missed getting pics of the rock sections . I'll post more of the story & pics on the " what I did today " thread .

Dan Larson

Steve Wisler

Dan again

BigSkyDabber screwed with this post 11-27-2011 at 08:00 PM
BigSkyDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #126
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
This could be a bicycle trials paradise.
I have been very tempted to get a trials bicycle. Mainly it's a budget thing. The list of things to do with that next spare hunk of $$ is very long.
motojunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #127
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Thanks to Hong Kong dealers, complete new bikes with a warranty have become very cheap. Used complete bikes are also suffering and going down in price. If your ever serious about a bicycle, let me know. A driveway workout is very easy to do.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #128
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Practice

I have a nice backyard set up for trials. Half an acre of stuff. A car, wrapped in logs. Tires and tons of logs, old picnic tables, pallets. 55 gal barrels, teder toder, Built structures and ramps, lots of dirt piles. I have been draging stuff home for years. we rearrange stuff all the time. make it easy with ramps and then start practicing. you can always remove the ramps as you get better. we dug out dirt from under the car and now you can stand up under the car. I also cut a section out of the floorboard so you can climb up inside the car. It is a cool fort for the kids. windows were painted black on the inside so you can't see in. that part of the yard looks like a dump. [kind of] but everyone that come over is fascinated, and wished they had a back yard like it. tree forts very high with poles to slide down on. platforms ect ect. I will try to get a few pictures. i also have a group of random post set to practice turns. I could put on a full trials in that half acre. Road the last two days. while the DS sits in the Garage.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #129
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
I have a nice backyard set up for trials. Half an acre of stuff. A car, wrapped in logs. Tires and tons of logs, old picnic tables, pallets. 55 gal barrels, teder toder, Built structures and ramps, lots of dirt piles. I have been draging stuff home for years. we rearrange stuff all the time. make it easy with ramps and then start practicing. you can always remove the ramps as you get better. we dug out dirt from under the car and now you can stand up under the car. I also cut a section out of the floorboard so you can climb up inside the car. It is a cool fort for the kids. windows were painted black on the inside so you can't see in. that part of the yard looks like a dump. [kind of] but everyone that come over is fascinated, and wished they had a back yard like it. tree forts very high with poles to slide down on. platforms ect ect. I will try to get a few pictures. i also have a group of random post set to practice turns. I could put on a full trials in that half acre. Road the last two days. while the DS sits in the Garage.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #130
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 613
Quote:

pics pics
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #131
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Laugh

Quote:
I have a nice backyard set up for trials. Half an acre of stuff. I will try to get a few pictures.
Pics or it didn't happen. Please advise when you have your event, I'll be there unless your in England or something.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #132
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Backyard

I see all these pictures, but I thought it was backyard pictures you want.
Lets see if I can send a shot of my backyard.
Here is a little portion.
Like I said in an earlier post, three grown men can walk down under that car and stand upright. then you can also crawl up inside through a hole I cut in the floorboard and sit in the back seat. cool fort even for a grown man. Note the tree fort and fireman's pole to slid down.

It is a short video of my backyard . just over one minute.
hop-Sing
Old 12-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #133
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

One other shot we took yesterday in the Backyard.

Was not thinking about trying to capture the obstacles. much more but that's all for now.
I use tennis balls or golf balls to make perimeter lines, and then tighten them up as I master each section.

The log with the tire at the end, is called the Lollipop. {its the one my son is hopping over to after riding the length of the log he is coming off.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #134
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 613
Very cool-thanks
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #135
grizzzly
The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer: 3,052
a few new blocks