ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #121
B-Rod
RubberNecker
 
B-Rod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Alberta
Oddometer: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by EC_Canuk View Post
Does anyone know of any sort of schedule for television coverage in Canada or the states?

Has any network mentioned that they'll be covering it? I can't find any info anywhere including the official Dakar site

Torrents. Search for the site Racing for me, and you will find torrents from Eurosport and SBS.
__________________
Save $5 on Smugmug by using this code. LW9ZIPzdRGzaI
B-Rod is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #122
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 8,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod View Post
Torrents. Search for the site Racing for me, and you will find torrents from Eurosport and SBS.
Canal 13 Stream
TodoNoticias Argentina Stream
EUROSPORT TV SCHEDULE ON 01-01-2011 - Consumer Site
Dakar 2011 Argentina-Chile
Webventure - Aventura, Viagem, Ecoturismo e Expedição
SBS - Special Broadcasting Service
MyPremium.TV
ti4JEg69bbSiEWD On Zonein

Those are my links from last year. Someone who knows better can elaborate or trim this list.
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #123
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Oviedo, España
Oddometer: 5,029
Thanks for those links
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline  
Old 11-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #124
EC_Canuk
I am...
 
EC_Canuk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Oddometer: 23
Right on
Thanks for those
EC_Canuk is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #125
Goofy1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Goofy1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Frankfart, KY
Oddometer: 393
Ah Troy, Flood, et al--longing for the good all days when we showed up a few days with our F5 finger at the ready and run what we brung!!

I usually go into information overload about day 3-4. I think I'm already there.
__________________
Goofy1 is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #126
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 46,072
Jeebus guys, the fricking race is still 5 weeks away.

And where's that slacker Packmule?

Now, somebody has to get with Mischa and come up with an app for this. The Dakar one last year sucked, par for what we've come to see as the ASO standard. Mischa's data in an app that pulls it up-to-the-minute would be way cool.



Stickers and t-shirts, who's doing them?
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #127
Nicolasleon
Gnarly F5er
 
Nicolasleon's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Chile - currently in Brisbane
Oddometer: 225
Hey hey!
Happy to be joining again for this race!
My cheers for my mate Craig, # 124!
__________________
2007 KTM 640 Adventure (GONE!)
1999 XR 250R
Nicolasleon is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 02:48 AM   #128
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: "Pearl of the sound" - f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,816
Laugh Progress... it's the technology race for F5 supremacy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy1 View Post
Ah Troy, Flood, et al--longing for the good all days when we showed up a few days with our F5 finger at the ready and run what we brung!!

I usually go into information overload about day 3-4. I think I'm already there.
This DAKAR thing... it's a whole new ballgame Goofy, ever since the AFU adopted the new F5 virtual DAKAR tech reg's...

Why, some of the factory/pro teams are using anywhere up to three different laptop (engines) during the race, not to mention multiple monitors, and the back up server teams. Then there's the increasing use of various iPOD, android and mobile phone app's to navigate off the "cyber-piste"... Even dedicated systems for the irritracking etc.

Man, the day's of the humble F5 button privateer...?! Honestly they don't stand a chance these days of getting a top ten outright placing... much less shooting for a podium.

There's a submission to the F5 jury that there be a "Malle Monitors" class introduced for the 2012 F5 virtual Dakar... where only one monitor/PC will be authorized for competition.

A further consideration is being given to approve the use of only ONE authorizedmobile phone app to monitor the web/irritrac when off the "virtual piste", but the concern is that this extra cyber-navigational aid can be subject to abuse and the use of which can be difficult to police. Apparently the ASO.adv is waiting to make a definite decision on this ruling, until a thorough case study is compiled by the Moviestar tin foile/moustache special operations division, as to how "cheating" may be monitored/controlled if this concession is allowed...
__________________
Originally Posted by Etienne;

"What ees all 'zis f5uss
fuss about...?"
troy safari carpente is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #129
Aquatic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Aquatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Buddina, Sunny Coast, Australia
Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
This DAKAR thing... it's a whole new ballgame Goofy, ever since the AFU adopted the new F5 virtual DAKAR tech reg's...

Why, some of the factory/pro teams are using anywhere up to three different laptop (engines) during the race, not to mention multiple monitors, and the back up server teams. Then there's the increasing use of various iPOD, android and mobile phone app's to navigate off the "cyber-piste"... Even dedicated systems for the irritracking etc.

Man, the day's of the humble F5 button privateer...?! Honestly they don't stand a chance these days of getting a top ten outright placing... much less shooting for a podium.

There's a submission to the F5 jury that there be a "Malle Monitors" class introduced for the 2012 F5 virtual Dakar... where only one monitor/PC will be authorized for competition.

A further consideration is being given to approve the use of only ONE authorizedmobile phone app to monitor the web/irritrac when off the "virtual piste", but the concern is that this extra cyber-navigational aid can be subject to abuse and the use of which can be difficult to police. Apparently the ASO.adv is waiting to make a definite decision on this ruling, until a thorough case study is compiled by the Moviestar tin foile/moustache special operations division, as to how "cheating" may be monitored/controlled if this concession is allowed...
Troy is tired, and talking shit to stay awake!

Keep up the good work
Aquatic is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #130
Pilbara
In the flow...
 
Pilbara's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: In the f'in city
Oddometer: 1,579
Rules

Malle Monitors should have to run dial up.

Pilbara
Pilbara is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #131
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP
 
Stagehand's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shawangunks
Oddometer: 25,799
Heh heh
__________________
Unintentional psychokinesis.
Stagehand is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #132
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January
 
rjf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Gosford, NSW, Aust. Scrambler, 640Adv, 300EXC
Oddometer: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
Malle Monitors should have to run dial up.

Pilbara
and computer must be powered by a petrol driven generator - no mains power

__________________
Central Coast ADVenture bike training courses and 1 on 1 lessons - For details Click HERE
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #133
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: "Pearl of the sound" - f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,816
NEWSFLASH: Privateer classes, submitted for "F5 virtual DAKAR" regulation for 2012:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
Malle Monitors should have to run dial up.

Pilbara
Okay... so we want a "Mallee Monitors" AND a "Vintage class"... then?
__________________
Originally Posted by Etienne;

"What ees all 'zis f5uss
fuss about...?"

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 11-28-2011 at 06:41 AM Reason: formatting the logo...
troy safari carpente is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #134
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Oviedo, España
Oddometer: 5,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post
Troy is tired, and talking shit to stay awake!

Keep up the good work
Looks like most of the ozzies are tired and hallucinating already! And its still a month away!
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #135
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: "Pearl of the sound" - f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 18,816
F5 fever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Looks like most of the ozzies are tired and hallucinating already! And its still a month away!
Yep...



F5 DAKAR... It's virtually like BEING there...
__________________
Originally Posted by Etienne;

"What ees all 'zis f5uss
fuss about...?"

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 11-28-2011 at 07:14 AM
troy safari carpente is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014