Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #14281
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine 72 View Post
Couple of months ago my scrambler came out like thist from the paint shop... She was matt green originally

BTW, tonight I am obliged to change the rear stock Bridgestone, and I decided to try the Continental Twinduro... it just surprises me that after 5000Km the tire is just so flat... is not too early for a change? . Happened to any of you?
Yup, tires wear out. Faster for some than others...
Droning straight roads sure makes 'em look square. I hate that lol.
My destination is always by the curvy road over the straight drone.
Attack the corners. Helps tires wear in a more rounded fashion.

Very nice looking Scrambler btw.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:52 AM   #14282
b0mb3r
Old Git

Oddometer: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan View Post
Me too but did they not just get bailed out by the GB government - I would be a shame to see another rebirth fail.

Please tell me I am wrong...

Not sure davo sorry ... going to cost to much me thinks .... how many K's you got on the trumpy now???

White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #14283
b0mb3r
Old Git

bloody hell got to the end ......

White pig

Old 11-25-2011, 02:58 AM   #14284
danger_dave OP
Home again

Oddometer: 3,081
There's another similarly titled thread with a few hundred posts in eeeet too.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:47 AM   #14285
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0mb3r View Post
Not sure davo sorry ... going to cost to much me thinks .... how many K's you got on the trumpy now???

Only 60,000 I got a few bikes in the shed on rego, I'm 50 and have been lucky enough to have never owned a car. So the Scram if clean does not leave the shed for the commute on dull days the DR does that (its got 85,000) Then theres the G/S X7, RV125 and a push-bike all ready.

I rate the Scrambler '06 as the most reliable bike I have ever owned (even though it is low k's) I've done a bit of interstate and desert on it, carrying gear (not posing around town) and it is a good thing.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:02 AM   #14286
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
Recreation

Interesting vid of recreation of the McQueen jump in The Great Escape.

LOVE the sound this bike makes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4DE3...eature=related
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #14287
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_dave View Post
There's another similarly titled thread with a few hundred posts in eeeet too.
Linky please ?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #14288
b0mb3r
Old Git

Quote:
Only 60,000 I got a few bikes in the shed on rego, I'm 50 and have been lucky enough to have never owned a car. So the Scram if clean does not leave the shed for the commute on dull days the DR does that (its got 85,000) Then theres the G/S X7, RV125 and a push-bike all ready.

I rate the Scrambler '06 as the most reliable bike I have ever owned (even though it is low k's) I've done a bit of interstate and desert on it, carrying gear (not posing around town) and it is a good thing.
thanks mate ..... still tryin to find a way of getting one

White pig

Old 11-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #14289
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:

You're my hero.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #14290
Makis54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjester View Post
Thats my plan. I'm thinking of grinding the four spots and hoping it pops off like magic!
Well, I wouldn't say that it popped off like magic, but it did come off. Be careful while sanding or grinding as it is easy to go too deep and get into the head light mount. There was also some rust under there. I am going to sand it and touch it up with some rustoleum satin black. I've found it is close to the stock frame color. The relocation mount I used was from Joker Machine and there were some issues. The holes in the bracket were drilled and tapped too small for the stock bolts and the bolts supplied that mount the bracket to the frame are the wrong thread pitch. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not, but I plan on contacting Joker Machine to see if it was a fluke or not.
Makis54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #14291
Isde265
ISDE 265

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Couple of months ago my scrambler came out like thist from the paint shop... She was matt green originally

BTW, tonight I am obliged to change the rear stock Bridgestone, and I decided to try the Continental Twinduro... it just surprises me that after 5000Km the tire is just so flat... is not too early for a change? . Happened to any of you?

My experience rear is two sets of original Bridgstone (first 3800km, second 3500), one Michelin Anakee 14000km!! and finishing now Metzeler Tourance with 7000. I am thinking now about kind of dirt track ones (Dunlop K180 or Maxxis drt-1) or Avon Distanza. I ride 80% mountain asfalt roads, 10% city and around, 5% highway and 5% off road. I loooove off road looking, but too much money changing tyres!!
Isde265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #14292
Jose74
back on two wheels!

Oddometer: 18
Quote:

That bike looks awsome !!! Where did you get those tank badges? I've been loking for those "mouth harp" ones, but I've olny found some from old time bonnies and I'm not sure if they will fit the scrambler.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #14293
tactical-T
TreeStump

Oddometer: 569
S'up everybody,
I've been reading...well honestly looking at most of the pics on this thread for a while. I should have been reading more, but please forgive me. I suffer from serious ADD, either that or I'm just lazyand forgetfull with a short attention span. The point; Love, love the looks and sound of the scram. Always liked Triumph. I'm planning on trading my R1150R in on a new Scram. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam (yes the B-mer was alittle tall). I know the power is not the same and we're talking about two different bikes. Has anyone done a similar swap? What can I expect? Hopefully not disapointment. Planned use is all around bike. Not looking for sportbike performance but I do like to ride tenaciously on occasion. I'm also an avid dirtbiker, so I don't expect true dual sport performance. Looking to commute and scratch around mountain roads in western NC.
Thanks,
-T
The more time I spend in this world , the smaller it gets
tactical-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #14294
RMAK
The Magnanimous

Oddometer: 292
I owned an R1200R for a while. Had to sell it when I got screwed financially. A long story. It was a beautiful bike. It's really an apples/oranges with the two machines. I don't know where I could start with a comparison vs. contrasts on the two. I guess if you're a BMW person you're going to miss your BMW. The Scrambler actually suited me personally much better than the BMW and I'm very happy with mine. One thing for sure, you can modify and adapt a Scrambler to suit your tastes much more than a Beemer. Mine is on it's third incarnation. I thought this recent thread listed the pro's and con's of the Scram pretty well.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739944

RMAK screwed with this post 11-26-2011 at 02:07 PM Reason: spelling
RMAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #14295
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
tactical-T, I LOVE my Scrambler for bopping around locally but it's a whole different animal than my R1200ST.
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote