User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
Gentri in GA OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Wicked Launching of the REV (reality escape vehicle) to Copper Canyon Mexico in 2011

Launching of the REV (reality escape vehicle) to Copper Canyon in Mexico in 2011

Life.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes you get to a point where you just need to say “F*** IT” and launch into outer space…

I have reached that point.

Count down is, er, counting down, engines smoking with pre-burn… T-minus 1 day till launch…. The mighty (heh) ’97 DR650 is as farkled as it is going to get, and loaded up with more stuff than I wanna even admit… let my first long road trip begin!

Why now? Well this road trip has been brought to you by the calendar year 2011.

2011 has been an interesting learning experience for me. Lessons in loss, lessons on love… heck, even a loss AND love lesson… The year started off on a very sh*tty note. I had to put my beloved 13.5 year old dog, Andy, down… he was a Aussie Cattle/Belgian shepherd mix… the best dog ever, really… cried more than I wanna admit....

…then other things started piling on. The JOY of child support negotiations (there aren’t any), evil X issues (bleh, not going there), Father rights issues, my Dad had issues (quadruple bypass, he is doing great!), budget issues, truck issues, rental duplex tenant issues, duplex plumbing issues and last but not least, losing my job issues… I am over it all. Tired of stressing about it and and need a break.

Come Tuesday, 29 November 2011, I plan on getting one.*

Bring on the launch of the REV.

I will be riding out on my mildly farkled 1997 DR650 with 18753 miles under the hood. Shinko 705s. New sprockets/chain. New cables and brake pads. Minimal mods: airbox opened up, K&N air filter, bash plate, larger foot pegs, centerstand, Moose bark busters, aftermarket windshield (way after market, as I shattered the good one, and made the current one), Wally World/KLR ATV pad hiding a inflatable camp pad (redneck, eh? woot!), and last and not least the marmite boxes on the happy trails rack... I feel like I am making KLR650 owners all over the world proud!

So with a lot of luck and some mad riding skills (minimal) along, DOG willing, I plan on scooting down to Texas, then into Mexico… hopefully Copper Canyon, with some knowledgeable fellow ADVRs around Dec 4th,

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742339,

then the long roll back home to the ATL for Christmas time** with my daughter and parents!

Wanna come along and escape reality for a bit with me?
Gentri in GA

*launch date reset required due weather, see below.
** 18th of December in my case

Gentri in GA screwed with this post 12-11-2011 at 05:23 AM
Gentri in GA is offline   Reply With Quote