Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 658 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #22426
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
I think it's handloads and not chinese ammo. I can't ever recall seeing Chinese ammo. Russian, east bloc, but no Chinese.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=61673&page=2
I'm thinking that there's some prohibition in effect against importing Chinese ammo and even firearms which has been in effect since at least the early 90s. I have some old 223 Norinco stuff in my store-room, and am pretty sure I bought it in the early 80s, but then those supplies got cut off. No big loss IMHO. The Norinco stuff wasn't bad, but wasn't all that good either.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:34 AM   #22427
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I'm thinking that there's some prohibition in effect against importing Chinese ammo and even firearms which has been in effect since at least the early 90s. I have some old 223 Norinco stuff in my store-room, and am pretty sure I bought it in the early 80s, but then those supplies got cut off. No big loss IMHO. The Norinco stuff wasn't bad, but wasn't all that good either.
The MAK-90 was one of the better AK variants, I guess. Had one, sold it. Boy am I a dumbass.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #22428
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
My sample size is small, but that's been my experience. I've got a couple of cheap scopes (<$100) and what to me is a nice Bushnell 4200 that cost me about $450. I've not noticed much difference in the optics, at least not $300+ worth, but the ability to return to zero is possible on my Bushnell and not possible on my other scopes.
My first real big gun scope was a Weaver K-4 on a Rem 700 .270 back in 73. I upgraded to a Burris Fullfield 3 x 9 in 86 when I restocked it with a Bell&Carlson graphite/fiberglass stock and glass bedded it. Went from 1 1/2" at 100 yds to 5/8". The scope is still on the gun and still holding zero. Haven't had to touch the windage and elevation knobs in years. Showed the Burris to a buddy who was looking for a scope right after I restocked it. He came in a couple of days later with a Simmons Whitetail? Talked about how clear it was in the store (with all the bright light it should have been bright and clear) but that clarity didn't transfer to low light. Couple of weeks later we were walking out of the woods at dusk, I stopped to glass a treeline about 400yds away before I walked out and saw 4 deer walking. I took a knee and put my rifle up and he asked what I was looking at. 4 deer I told him. He took a knee and said Bullshit, as he could see nothing. I handed him my rifle. We were able to see the deer for another 10 minutes. Fast forward to today. I'm really liking the Leupolds that I have now. Got a couple of 4.5 x 14s on a .243 and a .308 and well pleased. Got a 2.5 x 8 on a Mdl 88 Win in .308. Bottom line. Buy what you can afford and enjoy them.
gofast1320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #22429
ADVMindset
Americana Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
In the market for a .45 LC...Any suggestions ?

I am thinking I need to add a .45 Long Colt to my active shooters and would like to hear some suggestions. Is there such a thing as a .45 LC Auto ?

ADVMindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #22430
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMindset View Post
I am thinking I need to add a .45 Long Colt to my active shooters and would like to hear some suggestions. Is there such a thing as a .45 LC Auto ?

Why get an auto? I was mainly an autoloader shooter unless I set my eyes on my Ruger Bisley .45LC. It is twice as much fun and more accurate than my Browning Hi-Power. Plus I reload for cheap fun. Regarding your question, here is a link on the subject (no autoloaders in .45LC)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8114136AAZgdmB
Old 12-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #22431
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:

Dunno of any .45lc autos, but the desert eagles can be had in .44mag. So can the mateba auto revolvers.

As for non autos, I want a schofield somethin fierce.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #22432
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 13,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
TIVO. Fast forward unless someone is pulling a trigger. It makes the show much more enjoyable.
Less blah, blah, blah, more blam blam blam.
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #22433
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
What is a "shear hammer"?

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #22434
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:

I don't know of any .45 Colt (correctly not Long Colt, FWIW) auto pistols. If I were looking for a .45 Colt revolver, it would be this:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #22435
Mr Natural
Really tired

Oddometer: 1,435
The only 45lc semiauto possibly is the Mateba Unica. The Webley Fosbery is no longer made, and if i remember can be seen in the movie the maltise falcon.

Basic crazy life stuff, Clearanced Navy VN Vet, Army Vet, Walking by credit of VA, Met John Walker, Jerry Whitworth, Chilean riots, Pinochet troops, Cults/MK Deprogramming, Never seen a UFO so nothing I can blame drinking on, but enough about you, what about me?

Mr Natural screwed with this post 12-10-2011 at 04:17 PM
Mr Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #22436
brewer90
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
STI is just 15 miles up the road from me and I've been lusting after one of these for years and finally bought one today.

pilot screwed with this post 12-11-2011 at 05:07 AM
brewer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #22437
wedgeman
square peg, round whole

Oddometer: 26,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer90 View Post
STI is just 15 miles up the road from me and I've been lusting after one of these for years and finally bought one today.

: tb

I loves me some kimber. But that's a big cwp piece for me.

I went to palmetto state armory today. Got me a keltec. Pf9 in "cheap as shit " grey.

pilot screwed with this post 12-11-2011 at 05:08 AM
wedgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #22438
Juice Box
Got Ink?

Oddometer: 2,839
.5lb tannerite @ 80 yards with .223

www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com
Juice Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #22439
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 13,094
^^^ Soundtrack: hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #22440
gofast1320
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo View Post
I don't know of any .45 Colt (correctly not Long Colt, FWIW) auto pistols. If I were looking for a .45 Colt revolver, it would be this:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
Outstanding choice. I've always thought the N frame S&W revolvers were some of the best looking and shooting guns ever made. Well built, great sights and smooth actions.
gofast1320 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: