ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #10531
africadero
ronny-king
 
africadero's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: belgica
Oddometer: 80
nice hack

good looking hack, you have. I had mine hacked for 7 years, but last month I decided to part them again and completely rebuild my AT. This was very necessary after 22 years of abuse

Do you have a steering damper installed?, and did you change your suspension.
__________________
'06 R1150GSA
'08 F650GS (twin)+'02 F650GS (single)
'89 XRV650
'01 JC50Q-7
'05 FYM110
africadero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #10532
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: The pink lake less circled
Oddometer: 1,280
Air bleeders were standard on Honda 600 and up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRV-94 View Post
Further, the RD07 has air valves on its fork legs and adjustable rear shock softness.
The fastening bracket for the exhaust is also somewhat different when comparing to the 07A.
The carbs are jetted differently, with a larger jet for cooling (?) of the rear cylinder on the 07.
The Golden rims of the RD07 is another obvious difference to the more recent 07A's as is the differences in looks of the front cowl.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
XLM 600, RD03 et RD04, to my knowledge had all air forks. I have used the same air equalizer lead on my 600 XLM and on my AT RD 04 750 in 1992.
__________________
He, whose nuts skim the ground while airborne, won't crash very far!


Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #10533
Twiniver
Adventurer
 
Twiniver's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 64
Tacho trouble.

Hello there.

One of the guys from the club has a problem with his tacho, it seems that one of the components is burned, its a 92 AT

Here are some photos of the one burned. Does anybody know the color of the rings of the component, or has a photo of this (not burned )


Twiniver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #10534
goran e
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Livno BiH
Oddometer: 114
Evo malo sam se ponovio









(Powered by frubar.net)
goran e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #10535
goran e
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Livno BiH
Oddometer: 114
Evo poradili smo malo i na volanu












(Powered by frubar.net)
goran e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #10536
twinie
traveler
 
twinie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: porto, portugal
Oddometer: 161


http://emazimute.blogspot.com/



twinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #10537
Twinmike
Grandpa
 
Twinmike's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiniver View Post
Hello there.

One of the guys from the club has a problem with his tacho, it seems that one of the components is burned, its a 92 AT

Here are some photos of the one burned. Does anybody know the color of the rings of the component, or has a photo of this (not burned )
Hi
on the pic i spot the resistor R5 (the blue one) one pin is unsoldered, i have only a list from the resistor values

maybe that helps


Twinmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #10538
@dreamer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
@dreamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Oddometer: 131
Goran, beautiful work there, is there now any unwanted flex in the bars due to the elevation gained that you weren't expecting? I put the Rox Rizers on my bike using the 7/8" to 1 1/8" model so that I could put on Fat Bars and I did notice that there was more flex, I assume that it's due to the leverage gained with the increase in elevation and the rubber type (xxx not sure what their called xxx) where the bar clamps attach to the top of the triple clamps.

Here is a question for the masses, well more for the addicted experts. I have as near as I can tell a wonderful ground up restored 1990 RD04 but the previous owner manipulated the head stamp and engine numbers also removed the VIN badge on the right side of the frame. Currently the numbering says that the bike is a 1983 XLV RD01, Frame Stamp RD01-1000035/Engine stamp RD01E-1000047. Now when I was doing the restoration job on the bike I noticed in the workshop manual, in the schematic pages that for the different countries there were quite a few differences between the bikes. Some had single headlights on in low beam and some had both on and there were also different arrangements for various relays in the wiring harness that was under the instrument panel (speedo and tach). My question is, is there any way to definitively determine what bike I have? An L, M or N model. Now I know that there isn't alot of differances between the three models, I would just like to know what bike I have, personal reasons, I want to know what to call her. I have really grown to love this bike, great ride, some off roading as well, a little rusty on my part but that's my fault still getting used to the weight, easy to work on, this was my first attempt at doing a restoration, I only put 18km on her bringing her home after the purchase was final, then the restoration started, painted frame, engine, misc parts, new waterproof electrical connectors, R/R, Leo Vince can, pivot pegs, HID bulbs, seals, bearings etc, etc. Any way great bike, love it and the wife does too which is a plus.

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.
Keith

p.s. sorry about the font, everything went crazy once I did a cut and paste.
@dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #10539
RiderMakis
Adventurer
 
RiderMakis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: EFL Greece
Oddometer: 91
Tacho Problem

One guy from the Greek A/T club had a problem with the tachometer as well. He found that the problem was the R5 39Ω blue resistor.
He replace the resistor with a new one and the tacho is ok again.
__________________
Αν θες τα όνειρά σου να βγουν αληθινά, μην κοιμάσαι.
If you want to make your dreams true, do not sleep.
RiderMakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #10540
MakS
Adventurer
 
MakS's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Mosсow
Oddometer: 83
Друзья какой длины спицы вы использовали для перетяжки заднего колеса на 18 "

Friends what length spokes you used for the neck to the rear wheel 18 "
MakS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #10541
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really
 
Ladder106's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Oddometer: 4,804
Are those pegs really a KTM part.

How far do they lower the pegs from standard??

Great idea....I want a set
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #10542
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really
 
Ladder106's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Oddometer: 4,804
I mean these....



Can you provide the KTM part number?
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #10543
GSPD750
Adventurer
 
GSPD750's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 1,364
If you have a color coded wiring diagram you should be able to determine your model. The German market L-M only had a single headlight relay where as all other markets of the L-M had 2 headlite relays ( hi & lo) on either side of the instrument cluster adjacent to the blinkers. The N model also had 2 headlight relays and only the N model has a 5 amp inline fuse between the digital trip meter and the ignition main switch...where that fuse is located...i dunno...someone here with an N model may know.
But to be sure....the L-M-N models all had different color coded wires to their perspective headlight relays....therefore by looking at the color codes on these wires and comparing them to the Haynes wiring diagram(s) you should be able to decipher your model.


Quote:
Originally Posted by @dreamer View Post
Goran, beautiful work there, is there now any unwanted flex in the bars due to the elevation gained that you weren't expecting? I put the Rox Rizers on my bike using the 7/8" to 1 1/8" model so that I could put on Fat Bars and I did notice that there was more flex, I assume that it's due to the leverage gained with the increase in elevation and the rubber type (xxx not sure what their called xxx) where the bar clamps attach to the top of the triple clamps.

Here is a question for the masses, well more for the addicted experts. I have as near as I can tell a wonderful ground up restored 1990 RD04 but the previous owner manipulated the head stamp and engine numbers also removed the VIN badge on the right side of the frame. Currently the numbering says that the bike is a 1983 XLV RD01, Frame Stamp RD01-1000035/Engine stamp RD01E-1000047. Now when I was doing the restoration job on the bike I noticed in the workshop manual, in the schematic pages that for the different countries there were quite a few differences between the bikes. Some had single headlights on in low beam and some had both on and there were also different arrangements for various relays in the wiring harness that was under the instrument panel (speedo and tach). My question is, is there any way to definitively determine what bike I have? An L, M or N model. Now I know that there isn't alot of differances between the three models, I would just like to know what bike I have, personal reasons, I want to know what to call her. I have really grown to love this bike, great ride, some off roading as well, a little rusty on my part but that's my fault still getting used to the weight, easy to work on, this was my first attempt at doing a restoration, I only put 18km on her bringing her home after the purchase was final, then the restoration started, painted frame, engine, misc parts, new waterproof electrical connectors, R/R, Leo Vince can, pivot pegs, HID bulbs, seals, bearings etc, etc. Any way great bike, love it and the wife does too which is a plus.

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.
Keith

p.s. sorry about the font, everything went crazy once I did a cut and paste.
__________________
1999 XRV 750 Africa Twin
1996 XL 600v Transalp
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #10544
rusic
Adventurer
 
rusic's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106 View Post
Are those pegs really a KTM part.

How far do they lower the pegs from standard??

Great idea....I want a set

I think these are home made :) just the box they arrived in was from some KTM part :)
rusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #10545
Africa_Twin
Africa Twiner
 
Africa_Twin's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Oddometer: 363
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinie View Post
Boa onda Gabriel!!! Estás prestes a perder a mochila!!!
__________________
Riding to the sunset... on my Africa Twin...
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ar/sigATCP.gif
Africa_Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014