User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #31
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,261
Chart topper coming up!

Two weeks ago on a Sunday I was out riding my Rattler 50 in Henderson, a suburb of Las Vegas. The weather was nice that day somewhere in the mid 60's and I went as far southeast in town as I cold go.

I made it to the southeastern most point of Henderson and began my ride back. I made it to the top of some steep hills and went down them with a good head of speed. Heading back up the other side the speeds would diminish.

Heading back up one of said hills I wasn't keeping great speed so I pulled onto the shoulder to let traffic pass and they were not so I pulled into a community center parking lot to let the parade of traffic pass me. I went to the exit of the parking lot and got back onto the street and shortly thereafter I see the red rollers in my mirrors.

I pull onto the shoulder, shut down the hotrod, and am approached by the Sargent. I ask what the nature of the stop is and he ask's why I was running from him. I do a bit of a double take and chuckle asking if he was serious. He say's I pulled into the parking lot to get away from him.

I am dumbfounded and amazed this is happening in real life at this point and proceed with telling him about getting out of the way of the line of cars that were behind me.

Then the Sargent tells me he paced me going 40mph up the hill. Without a moment I told him it was physically impossible for my bike to go up the hill that fast.

He then instructs me to put my hands on the hood of the squad truck and runs my license. I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years but used to get into a lot of trouble before that. Not interested in dealing with the law anymore so I stay out of trouble.

At any rate he decides to take me to jail, have my scooter impounded, and charge me with 5 tickets.

No motorcycle license
No insurance
Failure to maintain lane
Excessive smoke
Didn't use turn signal

The bike is 49cc and legally not required to carry insurance(although I do carry full coverage because it is cheap) and the motorcycle license is not necessary either.

The bike has 2,200 miles on it and I bought it new back in July or August and it does not smoke. It will on start up until it warms and I did notice the other day when I let my friend ride it that while using Yamalube 2S it does have a slight white puff but I can't see it from the rear view mirror or by looking at the muffler while riding.

Failure to maintain lane, for moving out of the way for traffic to pass...give me a break!

I don't care about the signalling.

This douche pulls me over for one thing and then decides to write a laundry list of citations when I argue at the nonsense he is accusing me of.

This is all legal by the way. A police officer can cite you for things you didn't do and it will be your word against theirs in court and they can take you to jail even though you have no warrants or any reason other than them feeling like they are being disrespected.

They fail to give you respect though!

I have a new old slogan...FUCK the police!

I also filed a formal complaint against the Sargent. Not that it will do anything.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 PM   #32
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Chart topper coming up!

Two weeks ago on a Sunday I was out riding my Rattler 50 in Henderson, a suburb of Las Vegas. The weather was nice that day somewhere in the mid 60's and I went as far southeast in town as I cold go.

I made it to the southeastern most point of Henderson and began my ride back. I made it to the top of some steep hills and went down them with a good head of speed. Heading back up the other side the speeds would diminish.

Heading back up one of said hills I wasn't keeping great speed so I pulled onto the shoulder to let traffic pass and they were not so I pulled into a community center parking lot to let the parade of traffic pass me. I went to the exit of the parking lot and got back onto the street and shortly thereafter I see the red rollers in my mirrors.

I pull onto the shoulder, shut down the hotrod, and am approached by the Sargent. I ask what the nature of the stop is and he ask's why I was running from him. I do a bit of a double take and chuckle asking if he was serious. He say's I pulled into the parking lot to get away from him.

I am dumbfounded and amazed this is happening in real life at this point and proceed with telling him about getting out of the way of the line of cars that were behind me.

Then the Sargent tells me he paced me going 40mph up the hill. Without a moment I told him it was physically impossible for my bike to go up the hill that fast.

He then instructs me to put my hands on the hood of the squad truck and runs my license. I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years but used to get into a lot of trouble before that. Not interested in dealing with the law anymore so I stay out of trouble.

At any rate he decides to take me to jail, have my scooter impounded, and charge me with 5 tickets.

No motorcycle license
No insurance
Failure to maintain lane
Excessive smoke
Didn't use turn signal

The bike is 49cc and legally not required to carry insurance(although I do carry full coverage because it is cheap) and the motorcycle license is not necessary either.

The bike has 2,200 miles on it and I bought it new back in July or August and it does not smoke. It will on start up until it warms and I did notice the other day when I let my friend ride it that while using Yamalube 2S it does have a slight white puff but I can't see it from the rear view mirror or by looking at the muffler while riding.

Failure to maintain lane, for moving out of the way for traffic to pass...give me a break!

I don't care about the signalling.

This douche pulls me over for one thing and then decides to write a laundry list of citations when I argue at the nonsense he is accusing me of.

This is all legal by the way. A police officer can cite you for things you didn't do and it will be your word against theirs in court and they can take you to jail even though you have no warrants or any reason other than them feeling like they are being disrespected.

They fail to give you respect though!

I have a new old slogan...FUCK the police!

I also filed a formal complaint against the Sargent. Not that it will do anything.
Well that depends in the usa most cops have it all on VIDEO which means you can request it. It should show what happened. It's not the first or last time cops are going to be asses. Had one RCMP guys give me 350 bucks of tickets for asking nicely why did you pull me over. Since it's the usa you can easterly sue for false arrest. I m guessing once the tickets get to court they get thrown out. Sound like you can get 5 to 10 grand for that. Since it cost at least 100 grand to defend this type of case they mostly don't both but give out the cash to make it go away. YOu can prove that your bike can't go that fast up the hill by taking a video of it going up it it. If he paced you doing 40 does that mean no radar set up in his car? If so easy to defeat the ticket. Consider buying one of these for 20 bucks and wearing it in your helmet: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new . It good for 1 hours of video and more then one person here has used it with ok results.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #33
tortoise2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
Quote:
Rattler 50 in Henderson, a suburb of Las Vegas . . . The bike is 49cc and legally not required to carry insurance(although I do carry full coverage because it is cheap) and the motorcycle license is not necessary either.
No plate, clocked exceeding 30 mph . . fair game!

Nevada DMV . . Mopeds

LV Sun Article . . Follow the rules, moped drivers, or Metro will ticket you
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #34
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise2 View Post
No plate, clocked exceeding 30 mph . . fair game!

Nevada DMV . . Mopeds

LV Sun Article . . Follow the rules, moped drivers, or Metro will ticket you
He didn't clock me. Bike is physically incapable of doing what he "said" I was doing and he did not charge me with speeding.

Are you getting the picture yet?

The Sargent that pulled me over said 40mph and then said that legally it could not go over 35mph. He either didn't know the law or was trying to entrap by getting me to say 35mph. Either way he is not educated or a con artist. He also makes a little over $100k per year.

brianwheelies screwed with this post 12-15-2011 at 09:13 AM
Old 12-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #35
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Sucks!

Wow, thats just ridiclous! Going to JAIL for a few vilations on a 49 cc Scooter?

I mean yea I guess the 30 MPH law is true so its technekly not an actual moped, but come on! Maybe a ticket, but jail? I didn't even think they can talk y'all to jail for not having a motorcycle license on a motorcycle. At least here I don't think they can.

Excessive smoke? What the hell? Its a 2 STROKE it WILL smoke! I didn't know there ain't no law on excessive smoke I don't even think no bikes have to be smogged.

And for pulled over letting people pass? What the fuck? Well what the hell you supposed to do? They's tailgatin and theres some law I know here if you hold up more than 5 regardless of speed you have to pull over when safe to do so and let em pass.

How did he git you for no insurence if you has it? Maybe it don't count cause you don't got no motorcycle license?

But all I can say is wow, what a pussy of a sargent!

Not ALL cops are bad though. I have some good friends that are cops, and their cool as hell! I've met a cool as hell cop that when he gets you riddin a dirtbike on the street he actually asks if he can try it cause he wants one for his son! There are lots of cool cops out there I wouldn't go as far as saying Fuck The Police.

BUT yes there are some serious ASSHOLES out there with badges. Seriously, think if your just an asshole, wouldn't being a cop appeal? You can treat people like shit all day every day, and do nearly whatever you want. Thats why there are asshole cops. Like him! Sargent? He should be after some actual CRIME? I mean tell me, just how much harm does a 49 cc scooter do? If you were riding reall reckless like an idiot swerving thru traffic and running stop signs, yea you could hit someone. But just riding? And letting people pass? NOT brakechecking em or causing road rage of some sort?

I don't get it. Holy shit. He must be a pretty tough cop now huh? HE should be depromoted or fard. Seriously, for being like this why can't they just far him already?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #36
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

The Sargent didn't have the balls to look me in the eye when he was administering the punishments I was to receive. The officer that took me to jail said this shouldn't have happened and that it was all about attitude.

Now if I could find an attorney to take a case against the HPD. The following week I was to get my physical examination to go into the Navy. Now that's not going to happen.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #37
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The Sargent didn't have the balls to look me in the eye when he was administering the punishments I was to receive. The officer that took me to jail said this shouldn't have happened and that it was all about attitude.

Now if I could find an attorney to take a case against the HPD. The following week I was to get my physical examination to go into the Navy. Now that's not going to happen.

Did that there officer taked you did he mean your attidude or the cops?

And yea its just ain't right. What a fuckin asshole that cop is!

And that sucks! So you can't go into the navy because of this? Man that cop oughta just be shot! He's a waste of a human!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #38
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
Did that there officer taked you did he mean your attidude or the cops?

And yea its just ain't right. What a fuckin asshole that cop is!

And that sucks! So you can't go into the navy because of this? Man that cop oughta just be shot! He's a waste of a human!
Might wanna recant that statement there... suggesting any human be killed is just wrong. I don't believe any cop deserves to be hurt, but some of them simply need to choose other careers. A good, quality police officer will not lose his temper and treat the people he (or she) is paid to serve with the respect that they deserve, and not charge them with crimes they did not commit (simply because you're having a genuinely bad day).
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #39
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,568
Now one should be shot but understand sooner or latter it getts them fired or charged. Eg one officer at truck crossing in Bailne Wa did that and it finely got him fired and charged. Off duty he pulled over a canada in his own car by cutting it off. No uniform etc. I would see what it takes to get the video from the car he was driving. Go from there. Yah he ficked you over but find out if you can take him to small claims after you file an apeal of the tickets and win. Excess smoke soons like something that support to be use on a semi truck. Whom knows maybe small claims in up to 20 grand in Vegus. Talk to the local news paper about it and see if the TV news want to do something about it. Cops pull nice guys on a scooter over and abuses his badge.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #40
alphaBETAdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
Quote:

No motorcycle license
No insurance
Failure to maintain lane
Excessive smoke
Didn't use turn signal
Did you actually get booked into jail? Hard to believe for just the above offenses, sure there wasn't more to the story? DUI, outstanding warrants, making threats to the cops???
alphaBETAdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #41
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaBETAdog View Post
Did you actually get booked into jail? Hard to believe for just the above offenses, sure there wasn't more to the story? DUI, outstanding warrants, making threats to the cops???

That is the point to all of this. I could not believe it all happened. Ridiculous. I was in jail for 48 hours until I could see a judge at which point he asked the court clerk why I was arrested and he immediately let me go on my own recognizance. No bail required.

Again, haven't had a ticket in over 5 years, no outstanding tickets, no warrants, just the moving violations listed previously.

If what this Sargent did was legal then this country really is turning into a shit hole!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #42
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 979
Seems rather extreme for what started out as an alleged summary traffic offense.

If it went down like you said it did then you should be acquitted.

Let us know how it resolves.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #43
Kubla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Go tell the recruiter what happened, this might not affect your going into the Navy
2000 westward Go-4
1982 Bluebird wanderlodge
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #44
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
I was in the USAF (for three months!) and in Basic, it seems the ONLY thing they care about is honesty during the initial recruitment process. For instance, if you admit to prior marijuana use at the time of enlistment, they will likely allow you in... BUT... let's say you DO NOT disclose it; after you arrive at training, you will be told that "you have one more chance to tell us anything you may have lied about when you enlisted," and this includes marijuana use. While I was there, everyone who admitted to marijuana use, suicide attempts, illegitimate children, etc was sent home almost immediately. I was sent home after injuring my ankle on the track. Six mile daily runs really put your body through some serious $h!t!

Whether they will let you ship off depends on a variety of factors; ASVAB scores, criminal record, overall health, etc... since the NAVY is at (or near) capacity (and the war is "over,") they're being even more scrupulous. Your best bet is to lawyer up, get this mess behind you, and get to Chicago ASAP (before another jerk cop decides to ruin your life).
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #45
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yea, maybe not shot its a bit extreme, I'm just angry that a Police Sargent would be this much of a jerk. Your right he has no buisness being no cop if this is how he acts and abuses his power. I mean I would imagine there being far worse crime than a person with no warrents or nothin pulling over on a 49 cc scooter to let people pass.

Spending 48 hours in jail is absurd for this!

At least someone drag racing on the street or somehow actually endangering lives, cops are supposed to protect and serve, not offend.

I would try and take it to small court claims, but only thing is you don't have too much evidence, and its probably his word against yours, and we all know how that ends up! But even if you can get SOME of them off, thats better than nothin right! Excessive smoke? I don't even think this applies to scooters, unless its like a HUGE cloud of dust endangering the visibility of other drivers I would imagine.