Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #121
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_ADV_RIDER View Post
My Droid 3 is pretty tough with the Gorilla Glass plus I'm hard on my phones and the D3 is holding up well despite the abuse - I'm still going to get a D4 when it comes out (was suppose to be today but looks like the end of the month now or later).
damn.
I'm going on 3 weeks with my razr.
went from a D1 to this and I love it.had I known about the 4 I probably would have gotten it.

Oh well,next cycle.lmao

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #122
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,815
24 hours with my new Galaxy Nexus has been filled with bliss!

I am constantly amazed with the improvements both big and small.
ICS and the Samsung hardware is excellent.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #123
FXRocket
Phoneticide Squad

Oddometer: 5,315
I picked an HTC Rezound today for $170 out the door at Frys with the two year upgrade. Not a bad price, now to wait on the ICS rollout!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #124
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXRocket View Post
I picked an HTC Rezound today for $170 out the door at Frys with the two year upgrade. Not a bad price, now to wait on the ICS rollout!
My buddy has had a Rezound for about 3 weeks and loves it.

I just rooted my Evo today (after nearly two years with it) and have been cleaning up the built-in apps... Ugh. What a chore.

Waiting for the Edge to come out next year around upgrade time.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #125
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 2,908
I just rooted my original droid, after having it for a few months. Installed Cyanogenmod 7, overclocked the processor, works nice, battery life is just as good if not better. It's nice to have more control over the phone, even though this phone didn't come with much in the way of bloatware.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #126
RLK

Oddometer: 6,261
This is fascinating. I guess i'm ready for my first cellphone. I think I want to replace Centurylink DSL and landline with a mobile plan for both phone and laptop. I hope it can come in under $80/mo as Centurylink is up to $91. Good reading here. Thanks.
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #127
Nophix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
I wouldn't replace your home connection. You're looking at at least $50 month for just the computer, and that gets you about 5gb of data, which most anyone will burn through in a couple days with moderate browsing and YouTube. Its fine for a secondary connection, but not primary.

I can also bet you could get that Centurylink bill way down. I used to work for them when it was Centurytel, and did a lot of develppmnt work on the billing system. You should be able to get DSL without phone service, or dump the extra features and run bare phone service.

You wont get down below $91 for your phone and internet over cellular anyhow, especially if you go smartphone.
Nophix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #128
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nophix View Post
I wouldn't replace your home connection. You're looking at at least $50 month for just the computer, and that gets you about 5gb of data, which most anyone will burn through in a couple days with moderate browsing and YouTube. Its fine for a secondary connection, but not primary.

I can also bet you could get that Centurylink bill way down. I used to work for them when it was Centurytel, and did a lot of develppmnt work on the billing system. You should be able to get DSL without phone service, or dump the extra features and run bare phone service.

You wont get down below $91 for your phone and internet over cellular anyhow, especially if you go smartphone.
$80 a month on sprint with unlimited data. Its been o er a year now that I ditched my home internet service and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk
DualSportDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #129
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,473
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
$80 a month on sprint with unlimited data. Its been o er a year now that I ditched my home internet service and I couldn't be happier.

For the smartphone only. Add another $30/mo to make it a hotspot for tethering the laptop or adding a stand alone hotspot, and then it's limited to 5gb a month.
You would have to root the phone and make it a mobile hotspot outside of your agreement and hope they don't catch on to the usage amount to do it for $80/mo.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #130
FatherX
Java Man

Oddometer: 4,029
EasyTether

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
For the smartphone only. Add another $30/mo to make it a hotspot for tethering the laptop or adding a stand alone hotspot, and then it's limited to 5gb a month.
You would have to root the phone and make it a mobile hotspot outside of your agreement and hope they don't catch on to the usage amount to do it for $80/mo.

Give THIS a whirl. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan and this doesn't tap into a "hot spot" with a limited 5g or whatever.

Works pretty well. Daily browsing and misc. is no problem. Even Hulu or Netflix will adjust to available speed and run reasonably well..

Just another option.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #131
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
It depends on your data usage.
I replaced the DSL at my office with the Verizon Mifi. $80/mo. for 8GB. There are less expensive ones for less data.
- Three of us share the connection.
- Way faster than the "business class" DSL I had
- 5 months and we have yet to go over 6GB.
- I utilize the usage reminders. I get text and email at the usage levels I set. I set %50, %75, %90.
- Awesome to be able to take my internet with me.

Only downside. It is flaky at the start of the day and often requires a re-boot.

If you have good Sprint coverage, I suggest looking that way.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #132
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherX View Post
Give THIS a whirl. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan and this doesn't tap into a "hot spot" with a limited 5g or whatever.

Works pretty well. Daily browsing and misc. is no problem. Even Hulu or Netflix will adjust to available speed and run reasonably well..

Just another option.
I may end up going with easy tether eventually. Problem is, it doesn't really meet my needs for getting multiple other devices online or do it wireless. An unlimited data mobile hotspot would be better, but I don't know of anyone who offers one.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #133
scootertrash
Mobile Homie

Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by a$$hole View Post
Just got the new HTC Sensation on Tmo. This thing is fricken fast! I just cant wait until Cyanogen comes out with their new rom for this thing so I can delete all these silly apps that come installed. Then it will really fly. And yes I know theres other roms. But CM7 will hopefully be alot easier to install.
I like the Sensation and it may be my next phone. My rooted, unlocked, de-Winmo'ed HTC HD2 is just running too well to swap it at this time. It has Android 2.2, a 4.3" screen, 1ghz Snapdragon cpu, 5mp camera and 16gb external memory. I'm on myfamilymobile.com for $45 pm unlimited talk/text with pay as you go data, pretty happy with it. Simplemobile.com with $40 pm unlimited talk/text/data looks real interesting, I'm thinking of moving to that in Jan.

TV-free for 7 years and counting
"The difference between Adventure and Adversity is Attitude"
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #134
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vestal View Post
It depends on your data usage.
I replaced the DSL at my office with the Verizon Mifi. $80/mo. for 8GB. There are less expensive ones for less data.
- Three of us share the connection.
- Way faster than the "business class" DSL I had
- 5 months and we have yet to go over 6GB.
- I utilize the usage reminders. I get text and email at the usage levels I set. I set %50, %75, %90.
- Awesome to be able to take my internet with me.

Only downside. It is flaky at the start of the day and often requires a re-boot.

If you have good Sprint coverage, I suggest looking that way.
With two kids at home who are either watching movies or playing xbox live online, I bet I would smoke those limits pretty quick.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #135
scootertrash
Mobile Homie

Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Does anyone own a Droid 2/3? I'm thinking of getting the 4 soon and wondering how sturdy the phones are. Have you ever dropped them? What cases are you using?
I have gotten addicted to Otterbox cases. I put one on my HD2 and have dropped my phone from the cab of a big rig to the asphalt, approx a 6' fall. The case wasn't even damaged! My phone looks pristine like the day I got it. I have one coming for my hand me down iPhone 3gs for less than $10 from Amazon.

TV-free for 7 years and counting
"The difference between Adventure and Adversity is Attitude"
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: