User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,609
Decemeber 20th

I went for a ride today since yesterday's ride was a no go due to a bad battery (it was not charge properly)

The day started looking bad since it was raining but with the sunrise came dry weather and a clear sky so I had to do some errands but first I need my Beat (it was still at the dealer).

I did some 20 miles and here are my pics and comments
DO Like:
a) the speed and handling, so far I have gone as fast as +70 km/hr (like close to 40 mph) I am sure there is more there, I just don't want to push it.
b) The looks of the Scoot
c) parking, it is so easy.
d) having a trunk

Don't like:
a) NO side stand!!! can you believe it? It came with just the center stand, it does have the area were the stand goes, but it was not included with the scooter, and I did check the manual for dealer error, and it is not listed, so I just order it today.
b) mirrors! or should I say my elbows !!! but I just order bigger mirrors and adapter (8mm-10mm)
c) not going faster... this is just temporal
d) the rear suspension... it is bad! especially at low speed

somewhere in between
under sear storage, I could not fit my full face flip up HJC Medium helmet, maybe a 3/4 helmet will fit...

a) I am already thinking about mods, I would like to put something to stretch my legs, something like hwy pegs so I will look into it.
B) a Top case has been order, I am just waiting.
C) I started the day with some ATV muffs but it got to warm (over 60 F) so I just keep my summer gloves on and that was enogh

so here are my pics.

and it gets the attention of the ladies!

and not with the bad boys!

This year there IS something for me under the tree!

I was thinking of testing the "carrying payload" of the Beat

Looks like weather will be the same for tomorrow so maybe I will register my scooter and ride south and buy some road side tamales! ooooo I can almost test it !!!!!!!!

odometer shoot:

Damasovi
damasovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #17
Coopdway
Curiouser

Oddometer: 696
I like it! I could do a lot of riding on the Beat.
-----------------------------
Coop's Corner
Coopdway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
elite1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
What a great little scoot. This is what the Elite 80 would have been if they decided to continue that line here. Air cooled, drum brakes, carburated. Simple, tough and easy to maintain. Updated modern styling. Great bargain. Enjoy sir. Hope to hear lots more about it. Btw - my elite 80 also has no side stand. Very annoying. When I found my 86 elite 150 d I was excited to learn they had side stands only to learn that my scoot was missing hers. A couple hours of eBay searching i found one in California. So nice to get off the bike and just flick the stand down.
elite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #19
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,345
Thats a nice little honda. You will enjoy it.

Too bad we don't get hardly any scooters from Honda in the US and when we do they are over priced.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #20
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
Thats a nice little honda. You will enjoy it.

Too bad we don't get hardly any scooters from Honda in the US and when we do they are over priced.
the grass is always greener on the other side isn't? Before I always said, Honda US has all the scooters I would like to buy, the silver wing, the 250 cc scooter similar to the wing, and Elite,and the Rockus!!! specially this one!!. Now many years latter in Mexico we only get 3 options for scooters, two 100 cc scooters, a) the Beat and b) Wave and the 125 cc Elite (here is still carbs on that elite). In the us Honda has more options, something close to 5 or 6 models......but we always want the "other" non abailable to us bike, right?

Thanks for your comments, I am enjoying this scooter, dispete what several people (including my wife) has said.

Damasovi
Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
What a great little scoot. This is what the Elite 80 would have been if they decided to continue that line here. Air cooled, drum brakes, carburated. Simple, tough and easy to maintain. Updated modern styling. Great bargain. Enjoy sir. Hope to hear lots more about it. Btw - my elite 80 also has no side stand. Very annoying. When I found my 86 elite 150 d I was excited to learn they had side stands only to learn that my scoot was missing hers. A couple hours of eBay searching i found one in California. So nice to get off the bike and just flick the stand down.
hi !!! I am getting annoy with the no side stand thing, But I have on order so 1-2 weeks it will be here so that makes it so much better.

I will enjoy, I am enjoying!!! I hope to do more ridding tomorrow and all the next 2 weeks before I go back to work

BTW, were are you from? there is nothing on your profile so fill it up!

Damasovi
Old 12-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #22
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,345
Honda has two (2) models in the 2012 line-up, the Silverwing and the Ruckus.

Any other models are left over from 2009, 2010 and 2011. And are way over priced.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #23
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hex sorry about that, I tough they still had recent models, Elite, Plx or what ever it is call...

50 cc or 650 cc? too big of a gap there.

Maybe in the future I will go for a maxi scooter, I am liking it that much!

Damasovi
Old 12-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #24
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
Honda has two (2) models in the 2012 line-up, the Silverwing and the Ruckus.

Any other models are left over from 2009, 2010 and 2011. And are way over priced.
We get more Hondas here in EU, but at the prices they're asking, no one
is buying.

For the price of the Lead 110i, you can get a Scarabeo 200 or a Kymco 200,
for the price of SH150 you can ride any 250-300cc, and for the price of
SH300 you can ride almost any 500cc scoot.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #25
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Glad Y'all enjoyin it! Great little scoot! Yea I love the simplecity of it! Carb engines are just so easy on motorcycles and scooters. Although when the sat they need rebuild but whatever. If you don't let it sit for a long long period of time, change the awl and just take care of it, I bet ya this here scoot will last you as long as you own it, cause you don't put THAT much miles on smaller scoots [with exceptions like them guys taked cross country trips on Ruckuses], so they will just go forever.

And as for Honda and Scoots in America, they gives us a big FU. Really? Now only 2 MODELS? They even cut the met? And you right I just goed to Honda USA site and they only have the Ruck 50 and Wing 600 listed for 12! WTF?

I mean a 50 cc is useless except for big citys and towns or unlicensed riders not made for 50+ MPH roads at all, and a Silverwing is too big for many of Y'all, you don't want no huge giant scooter yea the SW nice but not everyone wants a big bike, some don't even like bigger displacement bikes have mot fun on 250s for some I like big but thats me. I mean we's talkin a 551 pound bike and has a question mark about a full tank of fuel on that on Hondas site! And it only gits 46-50 MPG not overly appealing to a commuter about the same as a 1600 cc H-D, maybe some seed 55 MPG but still. Ok thats bad right? Not enouff apparently. For 2011 the SW starting price was $9,099! Their nuts! Thats more than an American made Harley Sportster 1200, and $2,499 for a 49 CC SCOOTER! That CAN'T do 50 MPH!

Let me tell Y'all, $2,499 will ser buy you a purdy nice bike on Craigslist, from a Shadow 600 to a used, yea a decent 90s Sportster, or even a mint condition Helix, or an Elite 250 just as reliable but much faster and you'll have $1,500 left! It'll take a 49 cc scooter quite some time to make up $1,500 in gas for most folks just riding 2 miles to work and some limited distance weekend riding, at 100-120 MPG vs 75-85 MPG of the 70 MPH Elite 250.

So, obviously Honda don't care about us American Bikers much, nor scooterists particularly. As they say, Honda went down with him!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #26
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,206
Very nice, Damasovi. You will have a lot of fun with your new ride.

We rode our 150cc bikes all the way to Cabo and back (from San Diego) a little over a year ago and it was a hoot. Way more interesting and way more fun than doing it on the big bikes. Lots of fun. Congrats on a great buy.

Love the photos, too. Thanks for sharing.
'10 California Scooter (my Baja Blaster!)
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #27
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

gatlin How did that Baja trip go? got a Ride report I can read? I have been thinking about a trip to Los Cabos, and this Honda looks like something I would do !!!

Thanks for the post

Damasovi
Old 12-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #28
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

xmas work!!

So now after a week of ownership I have added a couple of mods to the Beat

first it was a rear rack that I had somewhere in the back of my closed that I once bout for my KLR, and a friend on mine has a welding shop so I ask if he could do some hwy pegs, and so he did. Here are the pictures

for with big bother KLR

front pic, as yov can see despite the pegs the scooter did not gain any "wide load"

inside pic

rear view

and the rack

I hope to get a long ride tomorrow or the day after to "field test" all this goodies!

Damasovi
Old 12-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #29
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,758

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #30
=retread=
more MPG

Oddometer: 124
Thumb

nice rack ! should be able to carry a ton of stuff on that baby !
=retread= is offline   Reply With Quote