Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #46
fltclark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
I live about 30 miles west of Cascilla and love to ride there and around Carrollton. A friend and I did the MHCR two weeks ago. We overnighted in Madison and left Gluckstat the next morning. We didn't realize that it had rained during the night. The ride was a lot of fun, but, like you said, it's a different deal when wet. We had to go around a couple of places that were too deep and rutted.

Thanks for the RR and favorable comments about our state. A great place to live!

fletcher clark
fltclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #47
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltclark View Post
I live about 30 miles west of Cascilla and love to ride there and around Carrollton. A friend and I did the MHCR two weeks ago. We overnighted in Madison and left Gluckstat the next morning. We didn't realize that it had rained during the night. The ride was a lot of fun, but, like you said, it's a different deal when wet. We had to go around a couple of places that were too deep and rutted.

Thanks for the RR and favorable comments about our state. A great place to live!

fletcher clark
Yeh--it looked like to me it really wouldn't take that much rain to get mucky.

I am glad to drop the favorable comments---people were just so dang friendly---black or white---just didn't seem to matter. It just put a smile on my face. Of course I returned the friendlyness---but I'm always smiling at everything and am usually the first to say "Hi".

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Nice RR!! I live just off the South end of the MSHCT and a I rode it for the first time this past weekend with a couple of inmates. Can't wait to try the Southbound leg!

Oh, and we decided the little shelter was probably a Tornado /storm shelter:
That idea came to my mind to---there was nothing around tho--maybe an old house use to be there--one heck of a storm shelter.

Mark
2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #48
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
That idea came to my mind to---there was nothing around tho--maybe an old house use to be there--one heck of a storm shelter.

Mark
We passed several oddities along the way... Concrete steps on the side of the road where no has has stood for years, etc. Who knows... Maybe it was a fancy school bus stop.
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #49
The Cameraman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Morning Chaps n Chapesses,

well I've just had a cracking start to my day by reading this thread.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to generate the report.

Regards

Reggie
The Cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #50
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,529
BigDog, your running around in my ancestral homeland. I am part Choctaw, as is my wife. Never really knew a lot about it until lately. I graduated from McAlester OK high school. Our year book was named the Dancing Rabbit.

My Great Aunt was a big deal in the tribe until she passed away a few years back. She was what we call an original enrollee. She would of been one of the last Choctaws to sign up on the rolls. Of course she would of been a baby, the roll says she was one year old when she signed up. The rolls closed in 1907. The Choctaws use the Dawes Rolls to decide tribal membership. It is pretty interesting stuff. My Great Aunt is on there as is my Great Grandmother. She was 18 when she signed up. My wifes Great Grandfather/Great Great Grandfather, she's not exactly sure which, he is on there as well, that's how we prove our lineage to be tribal members.

My wife is probably Cherokee as well, but he does not know how to prove it.

http://www.archives.gov/research/arc...nal-rolls.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawes_Rolls

http://www.okhistory.org/research/dawes/index.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Dancing_Rabbit_Creek

My wifes great gradfather, or possibly her great great gradfather, apparenty he was a big deal also. Now I know why my wife is do damn mean.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~oxford/lymon.htm

I might have to take this ride and do some exploring.

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding

bigborefan screwed with this post 12-27-2011 at 02:53 PM
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #51
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,618
I really want to try this ride. Great report, thanks!

Quote:
Speaking of bugging Sam Corerro----he may get 400 e-mails a day. There is no way he can answer those. I felt sorry for him trying to weed thru all the questions he gets. If you ever wonder why Sam has never answered your e-mail-------now you know.
I figured that since people are "on to" the TAT now he would be a pretty busy man, but holy cow! I guess I was lucky, for when I ordered a few charts from him last year to complete the western portion of the TAT I had some questions and Sam always answered my questions very quickly and was extremely helpful.
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote