Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
In order to move the conversation forward and away from "no stop is freakin dumb" let's talk riding techniques.

Stop vs No Stop is a trade off in techniques. What skills and techniques are lost vs what is gained between the two riding styles?
Again, lets move professional (or even amature sports) back to the stone ages, by removing techniques... Tball stands on home plate, becuase there are only about 94 great & able pitchers in the MLB. No more bumping and checking in Hockey, it is just too freaking scary, you know with all the missing teeth. Hey, lets make the goals bigger and make the goalies stand up (you know technique), that will have a bigger audience for hockey, you know 34 to 38 type scores instead of 2 - 0 we have now?

Bowling, no more wierd grips and approaches, everyone hold the ball exacly the same, and definitely no spinning the ball, I mean hell I cant seem to get the hang of that crap.

Pool (billiards) no more english on the cueball, that is just too dang hard to get good at.

the freaking list goes on and on.

If the NO STOP is so great, I again EMPLORE you supporters or people that consider it to be the way to go, lets just start a new sanctioning party, that would be parrallel to NATC. After you get that the rule change ruins or does make better, get your standards all figured out, then I know for a fact people might switch, or better yet clubs might decide no stop sat, stop on sunday, let the attendance decide?

Right now, I cant see it. I hated trials where the "Judge" had the ability (due to judgement calls) to affect your score by 4 points, because he thinks you stopped with foot down, even though clearly (and even on tape) people were NOT. Which many times takes you from from 1st to last...

The NOSTOP crowd is living in the past, where the bikes and riders weren't even half capable, hell most of the best riders (Bernie, lane leavett, and the rest probably only worked out in a gym after they got full ride sponsors). the rest us are and were out of shape deskjob dwellers, and with the things we can ride take more effort, and means safety, of being able to stop and dab, (eventually I will have fought for safety rule to be able to wipe face or push glasses back on yer face) and not get FAIL'd, cannot be anything but a good thing.

This stupid ass rule of you cant push your glasses back on your face, with a foot down (like almost off a damn cliff) with sweat streaming in your eyes, without being judged a FAIL, is STUPID as hell for saety sake. FWIW, I stupidly make payments on my lasik surgery well, that was 80% reason why I wanted it. Yeah, that is the kind of dedication hard core trials people that keep clubs alive will do. These people have, that show up for trials, EVERY event, within reason. I also mention I drive 150 miles to and then 150 back home from MY club's site, to compete each 2nd sunday of the month, 300 miles to my "other clubs" I visit when I have the $$. There are people who wont show up when the dang thing is in thier back yard so to speak, they will tell you it is because of it not being NO STOP, I think... whatever.

Sting32 screwed with this post 12-29-2011 at 09:34 AM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote