ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #1126
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist
 
McFuryMcNugget's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The frosted tundra of Island aka Iceland
Oddometer: 499
The Line

Every Ship Has a load line / Every truck has a load limit./Every item made has a limit.

Does this translate to performence NO.

Performing is the factor for weight distribution and Power to weight ratio.

When i look at the new BMW the weight has been set higher by the cylinders/ My thoughts new Gear box/ in the box
But if you can judge a bike by a photo the mass weight does not go over the overall Tire height. if you draw a line axel to axel.
What im thinking now we might have a top of the line track bike with perfect weight all mid way high under axel and not over tire height.

The rake and trail factor i can not measure so im sending a picture and i hope some one can tell us the trail rating.

I dont have a draw program near me.
If some one can do the math please help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle...cycle_geometry

McFury.
Attached Images
 
__________________
So Close Yet So Far.
McFury sending and spreeding out gas fumes inn Islandic Highlands.
What´s you gonna do when they come for you.
Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #1127
NorwegianRider
Ride the World
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Norwegian Road's
Oddometer: 5
Yea that can look like the hoses from and to the radiator.
NorwegianRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #1128
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh-images View Post
Hello guys!

These pictures are copyright-protected, I am the photographer who took the pictures and sold the German licence to the german magazine "Motorrad"! So if you post them please at least (!!!) also state the correct source of the pictures, which is www.motorradonline.de, or www.bmh-images.com.

For further questions feel free to contact me (info@bmh-images.com).

Regards,

Bernhard
Just noticed the pictures on the "MOTORRAD" website and the picture source: Hohne.
Bernhard M. Hohne
..so it's his material. Thank you Bernhard, me want to see more


Picture source: http://www.motorradonline.de/
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #1129
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist
 
McFuryMcNugget's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The frosted tundra of Island aka Iceland
Oddometer: 499
Mein Herr. Bernard.

Grüssen Dancke.

And Happy new year.

Thank you for letting ADV hang on to these pictures.

If you care to give a freebee picture we would be head over heals

McFury.
__________________
So Close Yet So Far.
McFury sending and spreeding out gas fumes inn Islandic Highlands.
What´s you gonna do when they come for you.
Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #1130
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
Read the German article in "MOTORRAD" Magazine # 01-2012.
- There is a linkeage mechanism behind the riders foot connecting the rear swingarm movement with the dampening settings, indication for a motorcycle first active suspension system....
- 125...130PS and more if need be in the future...
- Weight goal: < 240kg with full tank...
- The front control arm (now aluminum) is different than before, the engine was designed to integrate the control arm...
- Shorter engine, rider sits farther in the front of the bike and this will help keeping the front wheel on the road....
- Adjustable screen (Electric)
- Color TFT, GPS optional

tallguy-09 screwed with this post 01-02-2012 at 10:54 AM
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #1131
marchyman
Cam Killer
 
marchyman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Oddometer: 6,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
- < 240kg with full tank...
If true, I can certainly live with that.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #1132
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat
 
hillbillypolack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Lidsville
Oddometer: 5,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
If true, I can certainly live with that.

GS or GSA?

That's 528 lbs., FYI. Kinda portly in my book.
__________________
I found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the whole time.

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #1133
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer
 
dmac57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 2,407
Hm. That's 1150 country (well, after I changed the exhaust...).
__________________
"Everybody's got to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer."
- W. C. Fields
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #1134
marchyman
Cam Killer
 
marchyman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Oddometer: 6,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
GS or GSA?

That's 528 lbs., FYI. Kinda portly in my book.
It's less than the real world weight of a GS (not GSA) with a full tank of gas. http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pe...lts/index.html measured an '05 GS at 544 pounds. The measured weight of a '00 R1150GS was 586.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #1135
Steveman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Steveman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 470
In germany the 1250 has been shot, looks nice. Check the cylinder and where the exhaust pipes is fixed....

follow this link and scroll: http://www.gs-forum.eu/showthread.php?p=898895

If you already knew these pics I apologise ....
Steveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #1136
Gompie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Read the German article in MOTORRAD.
- There is a linkeage mechanism behind the riders foot connecting the rear swingarm movement with the dampening settings, indication for a motorcycle first active suspension system....
- 125...130PS and more if need be in the future...
- < 240kg with full tank...
- The front control arm (now aluminum) is different than before, the engine was modified to better integrate the control arm.
- Shorter engine, rider sits farther in the front of the bike and this will help keeping the front wheel on the road....
- Adjustable screen (Electric)
- Color TFT, GPS optional
I just read that (the Aug 2011 article). Good find. That site also has the "which bike is the best in the Alps" test. 1200GS won it again, but only just before KTM 990 SM T. More info on 1250 in current Motorrad mag, but i don't have access to that. I trust that article is available online shortly

However, i can't find any weight reference, nor sitting position reference (although i'm certainly not disagreeing with what you said), nor rear swing arm linkeage comments. Below quick translation of what it says, and excluding what has been put on here already.
Note it indicates the bike has two radiators. Other then my comment in () this it what the article says:

New engine with integrated transmission is much more compact. This allows future configuartions such as shorter wheelbase, or longer swing arm
Displacement will likely be 1250cc, but future bikes could have more. 1250cc would allow 130bhp with good torque curve. The relative small cross sections of intake and exhaust indicate a torque optimized bike, and Motorrad expects 125bhp. The current 1200cc boxer can handle nearly 10.000rpm, which indicates the engine should be able to get up to 150bhp in future, and stay competitive


Exhaust: new exhaust builds more narrow. Allows for more volume in RH side case. Employs the exhaust valve
Drive shaft: it just says the wasserboxer also uses the parrallel arm to minimize the torque reactions of the drive line
Rear frame: can now be easily removed , and allows for different variants of the bike (note think S/GS/GSA)
Instruments: New instruments, round speedo, above it small tacho. Optional TFT display as on K1600 with all kinds of functions. Optional GPS device
Radiators: the radiators are mounted unusually tilted backwards, probably due to the limited room and the fact the bike shouldn't be too wide. The underside of the beak fuctions as an aid for the radiator airflow.
Brakes: new radial brakes, requiring newly designed forks
Engine: Alternator and waterpump are likely in front of the crankcase. Optimal thermal conditions allow using only one sparkplug per cylinder
Gompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #1137
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles
 
tallguy-09's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gompie View Post
I just read that (the Aug 2011 article). Good find. That site also has the "which bike is the best in the Alps" test. 1200GS won it again, but only just before KTM 990 SM T. More info on 1250 in current Motorrad mag, but i don't have access to that. I trust that article is available online shortly

However, i can't find any weight reference, nor sitting position reference (although i'm certainly not disagreeing with what you said), nor rear swing arm linkeage comments. Below quick translation of what it says, and excluding what has been put on here already.
Note it indicates the bike has two radiators. Other then my comment in () this it what the article says:

New engine with integrated transmission is much more compact. This allows future configuartions such as shorter wheelbase, or longer swing arm
Displacement will likely be 1250cc, but future bikes could have more. 1250cc would allow 130bhp with good torque curve. The relative small cross sections of intake and exhaust indicate a torque optimized bike, and Motorrad expects 125bhp. The current 1200cc boxer can handle nearly 10.000rpm, which indicates the engine should be able to get up to 150bhp in future, and stay competitive


Exhaust: new exhaust builds more narrow. Allows for more volume in RH side case. Employs the exhaust valve
Drive shaft: it just says the wasserboxer also uses the parrallel arm to minimize the torque reactions of the drive line
Rear frame: can now be easily removed , and allows for different variants of the bike (note think S/GS/GSA)
Instruments: New instruments, round speedo, above it small tacho. Optional TFT display as on K1600 with all kinds of functions. Optional GPS device
Radiators: the radiators are mounted unusually tilted backwards, probably due to the limited room and the fact the bike shouldn't be too wide. The underside of the beak fuctions as an aid for the radiator airflow.
Brakes: new radial brakes, requiring newly designed forks
Engine: Alternator and waterpump are likely in front of the crankcase. Optimal thermal conditions allow using only one sparkplug per cylinder
I meant the 01/2012 magazine, not August:


Ref: http://www.motorradonline.de/de/motorrad/865
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #1138
Sailorlite
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: So. Calif.
Oddometer: 337
There's been frequent mention of "radial brakes" as a new feature. What are they? Why would they be better than the current style?
__________________
'14 R1200GS
Priors: '13 K1600GT, '08 R1200RT, '04 R1150RT,
'05 R1200GS, '73 R75/5.
Sailorlite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #1139
Gompie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
I meant the 01/2012 magazine, not August:
You're registrered on that site? No matter what I try I keep getting the August article. And it's not like i can't read german, I think I'm still pretty fluent in this language (well except for spelling and etc).
It does say the current mag contains an article about the new GS. The next new mag is out after Jan 4th or 5th, so I trust the article will be available online after that?
Gompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #1140
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kawidad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cal
Oddometer: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorlite View Post
There's been frequent mention of "radial brakes" as a new feature. What are they? Why would they be better than the current style?
I'm not an expert, but basically put a radial brake is one where the caliper is moved so that it sits parallel to the front fork. This allows more braking power, which is the standard arrangement for all new high performance motorcycles. From the photos I've seen the front brake is not a radial system.
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
(Who watches the watchers)
Kawidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014