Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #61
oilburner07
CUMMINS POWER

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by motosickle2000 View Post
It looks cool! I don't think it is big enough to be a very effective windscreen. It might keep your navel warm though.
Yeah true ,I seemed to be having no troubles with my stock screen, because since new I installed the screen adjusters and all summer I was riding with it in the lowest position. it just might fix anyone else who is having that jimmy buffeting problem
2003 Kawasaki KLX 400 SOLD
oilburner07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #62
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Madstad screen

Well, after reading through this and the Tiger 800 thread about all the different screens I decided to buy the Madstad screen. Reading about some guys having bought three screens and still not being happy did it for me. The Madstad is infinitely adjustable so I should be able to find a good setting for it. Mark at Madstad was very helpful and recommended the 22" screen as I am 6'3" tall, use the high setting on the seat and sit very upright. I installed the whole thing last night and it fits together beautifully. I did have to bend the additional side deflectors out a little bit to stop them from rubbing against the plastic on the tank, but no biggie. I like the fact that in hot weather I can remove the screen and just ride with the metal mounting plate, which looks pretty good. I am not fashion conscious enough to go as far as to remove the brackets so I would just leave them on. I won't be able to try the thing out until April or so after snow board season has ended. It's -6 celsius here right now and snowing, so I'm off to the hill. It's all good.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #63
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
...the OEM shield which worked pretty well for me. ...I needed more protection for the trip home... Picked up the Triumph touring screen... It works a lot like the stock screen but just punches a bigger hole in the air. FYI, I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam. Seat is in low position.

Now I just need a better seat. Is there a dedicated seat thread for the Tiger 800? Corbin says they have one "coming soon."
I've found the basic shield to be tolerable, but it could be better. I still need ear plugs, and get some buffeting. Since we are about the same height, I'll ask you, how much difference did you notice between the two screens? I agree the OEM options look best, but if the touring shield wont make much difference, I'll be looking for a less attractive more protective option...

As for the seat, I bought the OEM low gel with the bike and am quite pleased with the comfort it provides. I've not taken any seriously long trips yet, but my daily commute is 1 hour each way, with no discomfort what so ever!
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #64
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,282
First long ride with the new windshield. Being able to adjust while on the move is awesome!!! I approve of the Givi

fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #65
HomemadeBob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Tiger 800 windshields

So I've got the stock windscreen in a box, the adjustable touring windscreen on the bike, more happy but not stoked. Anybody thought/tried piggy-backing the stock on top of the touring? If I can figure out a way to test it without drilling any/many holes I may give it a test. Up, out and away, and over the other. Adjustable, similar, potential, opinions?? Homemade
Old 01-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #66
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
First long ride with the new windshield. Being able to adjust while on the move is awesome!!! I approve of the Givi

Not to highjack, but what Acerbis handguards are those?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #67
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomemadeBob View Post
So I've got the stock windscreen in a box, the adjustable touring windscreen on the bike, more happy but not stoked. Anybody thought/tried piggy-backing the stock on top of the touring? If I can figure out a way to test it without drilling any/many holes I may give it a test. Up, out and away, and over the other. Adjustable, similar, potential, opinions?? Homemade
I'm the same as you as far as what I have on the bike and in the box.

Hadn't given any thought to your solution but would be interested to see what you come up with.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #68
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
So, if I'm reading this right, there is very little difference between the stock and touring windscreens? I was hoping for more from the touring screen, glad I haven't purchased it yet...

Nice Triumph sticker fbj913, looked like a great afternoon to ride too!
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #69
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Not to highjack, but what Acerbis handguards are those?
They are the Acerbis Rally Pro. I then cut the top off of the stock guards and zip tied it to the Acerbis for some wind protections. It actually works very well. Acerbis makes a lip that goes on the Rally Pro's that I will eventually buy.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #70
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
So, if I'm reading this right, there is very little difference between the stock and touring windscreens? I was hoping for more from the touring screen, glad I haven't purchased it yet...

Nice Triumph sticker fbj913, looked like a great afternoon to ride too!

Thanks! I got it from my ADV Rider Secrete Santa.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #71
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:

Can the top part easily be removed?
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #72
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
You can just slide it out of the lower.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #73
fbj913
I ride

Quote:

yes, it comes in two pieces. but i dont think its necessary.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #74
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
yes, it comes in two pieces. but i dont think its necessary.
Thanks. Looking forward to some more pics and updates as you pile on the miles with this setup. This looks like the best option on the market.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #75
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Thanks. Looking forward to some more pics and updates as you pile on the miles with this setup. This looks like the best option on the market.

What other pics are you looking for?