Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #151
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
How many is enough? My bike will be there, I don't know if I will be riding it or not but I'm sure if I chicken out I can get someone to compete on it.
The more the better.
My rule of thumb is that six riders make a class (that should be doable), unfortunately we frequently don't get that many in some of our modern classes.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #152
TXNMGUY
dirt dobber

Oddometer: 99
Or..........have one vintage bike and sign up 5 riders on the same bike. We had 7 vintage bikes ride this last weekend at the NTTA Novice/President's Cup. I had a couple guys ask me questions about the vintage bikes and said they were thinking about finding one to ride. I do have to say that I enjoy watching the modern bike riders attack the sections and clear boulders that I have a hard time climbing over on my feet.
TXNMGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #153
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Never said not worth reading for christ sake I did wonder what you were trying to get at.

My point is ONLY... LOTS of old bikes around, we make room anytime. Not sure if sat 2 shock.... sunday modern is not the way to go? I have my rathers I rather ride modern... might be 2 others in MY CLUB, feel same or maybe 10. We're also the ones I have to judge in the morning in ride in the afternoon on most all events.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Glad to see you are posting somewhere to make new friends. Just got word today that Tony Downs & friends just got a new club chartered with Itsa. Looks like a 4 state series. New Mexico, Colorado ,Utah and Wyoming. Now decision time, ride a nice close series in vintage or the long drive to the nationals. At least in vintage I like the rules!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #154
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,703
Looks like AHRMA's days of hosting vintage trials are numbered anyway -

http://blackcatvintagetrials.com/201...r-begins-.aspx

I did recieve word that ITSA will be doing a Southwest Series this year for Wyoming, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. I told the local ITSA rep that I would help putting on an event any way I could. I'll post a schedule here as soon as I get one.

brewtus screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 03:45 PM Reason: How could I forget Utah?
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #155
LowPSI
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Don't worry about us. we'll get it done. There are good people involved and we are up to the challenge. Vintage bike classifications and rules have been around for sometime. Having a strong vintage series will be a good entry into the sport. This is a good thing. Below is a photo of the paddock from the 2 Days of Robregordo Vintage Trial near Madrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
Yeah, lol.

Still have a problem........................because what I cannot still see

LowPSI screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 08:57 AM
LowPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #156
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
Don't worry about us. we'll get it done. There are good people involved and we are up to the challenge. Vintage bike classifications have been around for sometime. Having a strong vintage series will be a good entry into the sport for noobs. This is a good thing.
I tell you what...

I'll remove all my questions and remarks, since everything I say, is taken wrong when I post. if I ask questions, post an opinion, everyone gets pissy. I mention things that I felt have been tried, or might not been thought of by other members, and point it out, which leaves them the opportunity to post back that I was in wrong, or not. Yet everyone gets pissy about it... Damn.

I will "worry about US" when it comes to trials, like I have said, I have more than "thought about getting a bike someday". I have several twinshock bikes, and if when it is a little more than just a trail ride, I too could be interested, wether you or anyone else likes it or not, Sir PSI.

sheeit.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #157
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

As promised . The info I got from John Holbrook for the Mountain West Vintage Trials Association.

Chartered by International Twinshock Association
New Mexico Colorado Utah Wyoming
So, whats different about MWVTAs CHAMPIONSHIP?

First:
Its a riders championship set up to determine the best rider in each division.
Second:
Riders mechanical skills are put to the test as most have built and prepared
their machines themselves.
Third:
Ten rounds in the form of 5, 2 day events comprise the entire series. Your seven best finishes,
of the ten rounds, count.
Fourth:
Events are based on a family fun atmosphere. Camping, campfire, bring your instruments and
play with the others who do, share ideas on bikes and have a great time.
Fifth:
ITSA is an association of trials riders that is run by trials riders with trials as its only focus.

Tony Down, Pres. 970-882-2483 / John Holbrook, Sec. 575-430-2079

Old 01-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #158
GarageRat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
That sounds like an excellent way to go. Here in NY we have a relatively new group on a similar course. I have ridden one event and in my opinion, it was a top quality event managed at the grass roots level. My hats off to these guys. I plan on hitting every event in the coming year!

New York Air Cooled Trials is a group of Observed Trials enthusiasts who organize vintage meets in New York State. We welcome riders of all abilities to join us, and spectators are always welcome!

Four Bike Classes:
Prehistoric - 1971 and older

Historic - 1972 through 1977
Classic - 1978 and newer twin shock and drum brake
Modern - 1991 and older monoshock and/or disc brake.
NOTE: To preserve a vintage experience, all bikes must be air-cooled

www.newyorkaircooledtrials.com
GarageRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #159
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageRat View Post
That sounds like an excellent way to go. Here in NY we have a relatively new group on a similar course. I have ridden one event and in my opinion, it was a top quality event managed at the grass roots level. My hats off to these guys. I plan on hitting every event in the coming year!

New York Air Cooled Trials is a group of Observed Trials enthusiasts who organize vintage meets in New York State. We welcome riders of all abilities to join us, and spectators are always welcome!

Four Bike Classes:
Prehistoric - 1971 and older
Historic - 1972 through 1977
Classic - 1978 and newer twin shock and drum brake
Modern - 1991 and older monoshock and/or disc brake.
NOTE: To preserve a vintage experience, all bikes must be air-cooled

Do all the classes ride the same lines?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #160
GarageRat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
That's a great question-have you ever heard about the Moreland scoring system? Follow the link, it's pretty innovative.

GarageRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #161
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Interesting scoring system. One dab is a total failure for the section? What happens in the event of a crash or stall? Do they get a whuppin' for that?

Seriously though, that looks like a bunch of fun. That scoring system would take some getting used to.....
Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #162
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,086
That`s been around more than 15 years. It is fun to try, but not a true competition. It is closer to gambling, you are in control of your score. You only end up beating yourself from poor decisions. Over confident or playing it too safe either one brings death to the overall score. It does remove the observer from making mistakes that causes so many what if`s at the end of the day.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #163
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Quote:
That's a great question-have you ever heard about the Moreland scoring system? Follow the link, it's pretty innovative.

Out west we simply call it a gate Trial. We run them occasionally for fun. It's particularly usefull for small venues that have been used extensively, rather than just riding sections that everyone has ridden before.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #164
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post
Out west we simply call it a gate Trial. We run them occasionally for fun. It's particularly usefull for small venues that have been used extensively, rather than just riding sections that everyone has ridden before.
A gate Trial I've done. It was used when I started Trials. 1 dab=section failure is what I'm not familiar with.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #165
roadholder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,355
Quote:
That's a great question-have you ever heard about the Moreland scoring system? Follow the link, it's pretty innovative. www.newyorkaircooledtrials.com
I haven't tried it yet but had heard of it.
Some of the NY guys up at the Ormstown, Quebec. classic off-road weekend discussed it. Will have to check it out some time.
roadholder is offline   Reply With Quote