Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #1561
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,920
[QUOTE=TheDudeAbides;17713905]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
I wan't criticizing Tebow. I speculated that he wouldn't be in the league long. What's the average lifespan of QB that connects on less than 50% of his passes? QUOTE]

Doug Williams completed 41% of his passes one season and won a Super Bowl. I don't remember anyone asking him to step down. Tebow's a competitor. They'll have to rip the starting job from his clutched fists.
I don't really consider 3 seasons of starting more than 10 games a long career.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #1562
RLK

Oddometer: 6,382
Someone's autobiography is unavailable from the PPLD. Hold placed.

Who writes an autobiography at age 22? Miley Cyrus?

Little Timmy Richard, that's who.

Letterman's top 10.

I has the Tebola Virus.
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #1563
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,528
How can someone possibly have enough life experience to write a book at that age. Was he a Tier 1 Operator before joining the Broncos?
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #1564
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
How can someone possibly have enough life experience to write a book at that age. Was he a Tier 1 Operator before joining the Broncos?

Yea, ya have to wonder sometimes but on the other hand there are many exceptional young people out there that few of us know about. I see a lot of them at the Air Force Academy and many of them are playing football for the school. You'll never hear about them but like TT they're "different" from the general populace and I suspect they have similar stories to tell even though they didn't grown up as the child of missionaries, didn't devote their lives to the greater cause of mankind, didn't win the Heisman Trophy, and didn't win two national championships.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #1565
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I too like Tomlin, but a few thing soured me on the Steelers. They used to. E one of my "alternates." (new orleans and houston are now)

1. Went to a Broncos/Steeler game. By far, by far, the the most asshaatted visiting fans I have encountered. And yes, I've been to quite a few Raiders games at Mile High.

2. The rapist at worst/ thug style dater at best they have as QB. I used to like him. Not at all now.
Same here. Went to a Seahawks/Steeler game in Pittsburgh during the 97' season (before the Seahawks were decent and known to America) and those asshat Steeler fans were spitting on a 12 year old girl that was wearing a Seahawks jacket for no reason. I felt horrible. It was only her and her dad, but what was he supposed to do against 25 idiots drunk on weasel piss Iron City? I got the security guard and he told them they would have to move and she shouldnt have worn the jacket. I wont go into the near beatings I had to endure while using the pisser. Guess I shouldnt have worn my hat. Lucky for me it was only the 4th game of the season against the pitiful Seahawks or I might have been killed.

I shouldnt be surprised. Something like that seems to happen everytime i'm in that fucking city. I'm told its a great place though.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #1566
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
Same here. Went to a Seahawks/Steeler game in Pittsburgh during the 97' season (before the Seahawks were decent and known to America) and those asshat Steeler fans were spitting on a 12 year old girl that was wearing a Seahawks jacket for no reason. I felt horrible. It was only her and her dad, but what was he supposed to do against 25 idiots drunk on weasel piss Iron City? I got the security guard and he told them they would have to move and she shouldnt have worn the jacket. I wont go into the near beatings I had to endure while using the pisser. Guess I shouldnt have worn my hat. Lucky for me it was only the 4th game of the season against the pitiful Seahawks or I might have been killed.

I shouldnt be surprised. Something like that seems to happen everytime i'm in that fucking city. I'm told its a great place though.
Hah, if you think they are bad, you should meet some Eagles fans. The Steeler fans are still pre-pubescent compared to them.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #1567
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Hah, if you think they are bad, you should meet some Eagles fans. The Steeler fans are still pre-pubescent compared to them.
That is a serious"no shit" statement. My ex is from Philly and our trips back there during the football season were, uh, interesting. I sit in my in-laws living room watching the Iggles play and it was dead silent during the game. No and I mean NO criticism that their team was tolerated no matter how lame they played.

If the Broncos were playing a nationally broadcast game they'd sit there and make fun of every single play even if the Broncs were winning. If I tried to engage them in a civil discourse about football they'd laugh at me like I was an idiot who knew nothing about the game. Now, this, mind you, was during some years where the Iggles sucked and the Broncos were in the playoffs almost every year.

Dick Vermiel is a god there as is Ron Jaworski. They do not tolerate any criticism of their sports teams unless it's another Philly resident (you have to have the proper accent and bits of cheesesteak on your jersey).

I once went to a Phillies game and saw a kid who couldn't have been much more than 8 or 9 years old heckle the players like a pro. The kid was wearing a T-shirt that said "Shit on Pitt" on the back.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #1568
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,155
I haven't been to a pro football game since the Rams were in LA. It's good to know I'm not missing anything.

I also don't talk about football much. I'm surrounded by Raiders and 49er fans and they're pretty much idiots. Not all of them but most of them. Enough that I don't want to take a chance and start a conversation.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #1569
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,626
Jon Elway should go on the field and replace Tebow I'd actually root for that team. For this game I don't give a shit; though I will be wearing my Romanowski jersey and old Denver hat just to see the reactions in Boston.

Also the Pats should put Brad Marchand as a defensive end since he has some time off from the Bruins. He's 5'9, 183 lbs and would trash a NFL running back cause as Andrew Ference said he is the honey badger.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 11:17 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #1570
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Jon Elway should go on the field and replace Tebow I'd actually root for that team. For this game I don't give a shit; though I will be wearing my Romanowski jersey and old Denver hat just to see the reactions in Boston.

Also the Pats should put Brad Marchand as a defensive end since he has some time off from the Bruins. He's 5'9, 183 lbs and would trash a NFL running back cause as Andrew Ference said he is the honey badger.

Sheesh, are you on something?

Me, I'm loving Tim making all his critics suck tidewater. Especially that dope, Trent Dilfer. Who?

The Bronco's will cover the spread. If Pats try that man pass defense, Tebow will light them up. Hopefully the Pats won't be that stupid. Tim can throw the deep ball and all that completion percentage stuff is garbage. He simply throws the ball away a whole lot. His NCAA completion record is tops. He can hit his man, and he will tomorrow if the Pats let him run around in the backfield.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #1571
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I don't give a shit; though I will be wearing my Romanowski jersey and old Denver hat just to see the reactions in Boston.
Oh, but you are going to want to give one after we urinate on you, your shirt and hat.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #1572
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Oh, but you are going to want to give one after we urinate on you, your shirt and hat.
Nah I feel safe doing it.....now a Yankees shirt at anything Sox related is a dumb thing to do. Being a girl didn't help my ex as people dumped beer on her at Fenway and it was either her car or a friends that was vandalized during the 2004 ALCS for having a Yankees sticker.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 01-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #1573
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post

Sheesh, are you on something?
A long list of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Me, I'm loving Tim making all his critics suck tidewater. Especially that dope, Trent Dilfer. Who?
Tebow needs to can all the over the top religion on the field....he is facing G-d Brady tomorrow night and will lose

I even had my Brady jersey on today

Old 01-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #1574
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post

come to green bay, we treat opposing fans pretty good.
we understand that some people like other teams.
also expect to get offerred beers, brats, shots, cocktails, cheese, etc. while walking through the parking lot.
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #1575
RLK

Oddometer: 6,382
Who's going to be the horse today?

wOOT!!

May the team with the fewest turnovers win.
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: