Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
ricochetrider OP
a certain something

Oddometer: 1,699
Cool2 Vintage Brit SuperThread!

i'm in my 50s now. growing up, my first motorcycle awareness came from Triumphs. my dad was an Army guy, and back in the day, Triumphs were THE hot road bike to own. lots of military dudes had 'em, and i saw them everywhere. then it was Arlo Guthrie. Bob Dylan. Steve McQueen. shoot man, James freakin Bond on a BSA! i was hooked, and still am. my first bike was a Triumph- 1979 T140E Bonneville.

just sold it recently, after owning it since 1987. i have a 1974 Norton Commando-

all rebuilt and hot rodded up, but still looking relatively stock- at least to the casual observer. and there's that little rat bastard hanging about in my driveway- a one-off Triumph bobber, created by a friend from mostly all old triumph parts, from his vast collection (barns full) of old Brit bits. 73 Tiger Motor, titled on a 69 frame.

the Brit Bikes hold a special place in my heart, always have, always will.

sure, there's some chit chat here about old bikes. hell, it's Old's Cool. nothing says old, or cool, like a vintage Brit Bike. with the numbers of middle age guys in this forum, i wonder why there aren't any Brit threads that have really stuck? so?! so let's stick one. let's stick it GOOD. show us your pix of any and/or every Brit Bike you ever owned, or own now.

Triumph. Norton. BSA. Matchless. Panther. Vincent. Ariel. Sunbeam. Royal Enfield. Triples. Twins. Singles. Scramblers. Bonnies. Lightnings. Trophys. Gold Stars. Tigers. Black Lightnings. Daytonas. Square Fours. Old, Older. Oldest. Stock. Custom. Rat. Bobbers. Street Fighters. Cafe Racers. Flat Trackers. Drag Bikes. Hill Climbers. Garage Queens. Trailer Queens. Daily Riders. Show Bikes. Restos & Rust Buckets. Hell, Choppers, for that matter. add in the occasional Ride Reports- where you BEEN on your Vintage Brit?

WHATEVER. break 'em out folks. i know they're out there. let's see 'em, let's talk about 'em. let's show 'em what's UP. BRING IT.

Double Dog Dare Ya.

ricochetrider screwed with this post 01-13-2012 at 08:18 AM
ricochetrider is offline   Reply With Quote