Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #76
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
Not everybody needs a ton of horsepower. I've got a WR250R and WR250X, both around 30hp, and they are a ton of fun. And ask any of the many WR250R owners who ride their bikes all over the country/world on long trips, and they don't seem to care that the bike is "down on power" compared to other dual sport bikes.

I don't care about power and that's not what I was talking about...

And not sure what you mean about "down on power compared to other DS bikes". This bike sure will seem like it's down on power with its healthier-than-average heft.

What other DS bikes have 27-30hp, are liquid cooled 250's and don't have an "every ride" service interval?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #77
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post

And not sure what you mean about "down on power compared to other DS bikes". This bike sure will seem like it's down on power with its healthier-than-average heft.

What other DS bikes have 27-30hp, are liquid cooled 250's and don't have an "every ride" service interval?
I think it's too early to tell until we have official numbers and some tests from the various magazines/moto websites. But the power and weight sound similar to the Yamaha WR250R/X. That has proven to be a pretty popular bike... just go check out the mega-thread here.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #78
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
you went to tokyo?
I wish! That was just a statement and a pic I found online. I have a CBR250R so I know I would definitely like the engine.
gore-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #79
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post

i read that as he was quoting others who said his bike is a girlie and he knows otherwise.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #80
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,761
So when will we see this show up on the Honda USA website?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #81
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
i read that as he was quoting others who said his bike is a girlie and he knows otherwise.
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #82
ColonelS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
A video of the CRF250L in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1fwA...eature=related
ColonelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #83
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
I think this is more comparable to the XR250, not a CRF250R, I'm sure they sold more XR's than CRF's throughout the years right?

It seems a lot like the WR250R but able with a lower compression engine therefore able to run on any gas? Also it should be able to cruise at 100-110km/h no problems?

I love my WR250R but it's been discontinued here due to low sales from the high price, this will possibly be my next choice when my WR250R has too many k's on the clock.

Anyone who thinks that Honda wouldn't sell shitloads of these is just crazy, in most of the world the importance of having a reliable, fuel efficient bike that is cheap to buy and has cheap parts is far more sought after than an expensive highly strung wheelie machine that runs on 95 octane then needs its valves checked and oil changed every 1000km
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #84
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelS View Post
Nice enough but am I the only one who thinks it's weird they're riding the bike on a race track?
gore-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #85
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelS View Post

Is it me, or does the suspension travel and seat height look lower compared to a bike like the WR250R? The WRR has 10+ inches of travel and a 36" seat height. But this new Honda looks like it's shorter, by a couple inches.... maybe more like the current CRF230L ?
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #86
xcflyn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,125
[QUOTE=

Anyone who thinks that Honda wouldn't sell shitloads of these is just crazy, in most of the world the importance of having a reliable, fuel efficient bike that is cheap to buy and has cheap parts is far more sought after than an expensive highly strung wheelie machine that runs on 95 octane then needs its valves checked and oil changed every 1000km[/QUOTE]

Hey now, My KTM resembles that remark ! (and its worth every valve check)
xcflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #87
Reconstructed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Well, I for one hope this bike makes it to the states. Looks like it would be lots of fun. I prefer reliability over horsepower, that means I have to be a better rider to keep pace with a faster bike.

This bike is not, and is not intended to be a race bike. I'm sure KTM's are awesome and lots of fun, but I for one can't stand to work on a bike for an hour or two before and after a good ride. Seemed like my nephews CRF450R was like that. Hellacious amounts of fun, but too maintenance intensive for my tastes. It was as much fun for me to try to keep up with him while I was on my little 230.

Getting back to this bike though. Any shortcomings this bike may have, well, that is what the aftermarket is for. Someone will get their hands on one, and build it until it will compete with a motoX bike. Pick any bike want, and someone has modded it for more performance. The same will apply here.

I hope again that honda does bring it to the states. If I don't get a new one, I'll get a used one.
Reconstructed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #88
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,528
any more news?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #89
Parigi
Hoinar

Oddometer: 279
I picked up a Honda brochure at the Calgary Motorcycle show and they were saying that it would be available in Canada in the summer, as an early 2013.
Parigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #90
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parigi View Post
I picked up a Honda brochure at the Calgary Motorcycle show and they were saying that it would be available in Canada in the summer, as an early 2013.
so 1.5 years from now?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote