Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #166
neilking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Interesting scoring system. One dab is a total failure for the section? What happens in the event of a crash or stall? Do they get a whuppin' for that?

Seriously though, that looks like a bunch of fun. That scoring system would take some getting used to.....

This is actually pretty fun. We had one about 2 months ago out on some private property. I won the intermediate class(same as ya'lls cubman) on a TY350 and came in 3rd overall. I got beat by Ray Peters and one of the sons of the land owner. I beat Adam by 1 point, he was riding a 2011 Beta. The TY decided to die in one section, costing me 2nd place.
13 Factory Beta 250
neilking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #167
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,279
Gate trials, I was told, and it probably varies.... you try to get points, not save them... so the gates are different point values on difficulty. When you ride a section, if you dab you get zero of maybe 20 possible points for a master... If you do clean through 5point gate, plus the 3 point gate you got 8 points. So as you might now see, 1 or five still means fail, you get 0, instead of what the gates were worth...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Is that how you guys scored it Neil? I havent talked to mike, but that is how I understood how some have done it, that way there was a reason to risk a dab, to ride a higher gate, for more points, but risk all the points if you dab at all. Kind of a homeRun Derby, but depending on where the ball gets hit, changes the score for the hit.

Sting32 screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 07:33 PM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #168
GarageRat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
You got it Sting! You described it perfectly. Each section is a homerun derby or bust. I have ridden a few traditional trials, but in comparison I thought the Gate trail was more fun, and really more challenging. You could really be creative and push the limits as far as you feel confident.
GarageRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #169
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageRat View Post
You got it Sting! You described it perfectly. Each section is a homerun derby or bust. I have ridden a few traditional trials, but in comparison I thought the Gate trail was more fun, and really more challenging. You could really be creative and push the limits as far as you feel confident.

I heard they had a lot of fun.

Now, to be nosey, MAYBE this is what they really need to do for a "dirtbike trials" to get those who are turned off to strick competion and not sure they want to do trials? We could handicap, per se, type of bike at least to keep people fairly competing, and keeping it fun? get em hooked and all that...

HMMMMM....

Trials zealot signing off.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #170
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
May be interesting or not for you guys, we have figured out another way to get the problem of getting enough observer for a trials competition solved also this method will reduce the preperations of any trials a lot.

The participants will be split up in groups each groups is riding together and one of the group is the observer for the other ones, when the first is trough the section he will be the observer for the second rider and so on. The group has one card so this makes handling and scoring later easier too.

Got great response for this system, if there occure a problem it will be discussed and solved in the group, ay sorry will be shared, any luck too this keep the community factor high, very recommanded.

You can put the group's together as you want there should at least be three, best is out of one class, mixed groups are also possible if there are at least two participants of one class. The group should not be bigger then 7 persons.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #171
r2wtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
How things change in a few weeks!! I have sold my lovely 290 Beta Evo and now have a 90kg collection of bits that will be a 1980 SWM TL320.!!

After my knee injury i never really got right again in the head and was not riding my Beta much. After the ride on my mates SWM i realised how much i had enjoyed the day and just wanted to do it again.. so here we are. Back to the future!! 31 years ago i owned one of these and won club events on it, lets see if history can repeat itself!!

The engine is having a new 4th gear fitted.. the bike has mainly only ever been used on the road so all in good condition considering!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #172
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2wtrials View Post
How things change in a few weeks!! I have sold my lovely 290 Beta Evo and now have a 90kg collection of bits that will be a 1980 SWM TL320.!!

After my knee injury i never really got right again in the head and was not riding my Beta much. After the ride on my mates SWM i realised how much i had enjoyed the day and just wanted to do it again.. so here we are. Back to the future!! 31 years ago i owned one of these and won club events on it, lets see if history can repeat itself!!

The engine is having a new 4th gear fitted.. the bike has mainly only ever been used on the road so all in good condition considering!

Very nice, I'am stuck to these rotary valve engines too. I just aquired a SWM TL.NW 320 tooas a daily training machine, the bike stood in north Italy in a small village in the Alpes. Just now the bike is shipped to my home address, (shipping was cheaper then driving down and up again for me if you only count the costs for gas).

By the way the SWM was tested against the Fantic 240 back in these days by the French motorcycle magazine Moto Verde and they where very close up in overall, (OK the Fantic won by one point).

Still very competetive, when I rode my Bultaco back in 1981/82 in youth trials, (riding a 175cc Sherpa), I was regulary outclassed by a guy that had a 125cc SWM. Compared to the Bultaco the SWM was a feather and had much better throttle response. Just for record in 1981 the trials worldcup was won by Gilles Burgat on a SWM TL 320.

Looking forward to any progress of your rebuild.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #173
pcmx47
n00b

Oddometer: 7
AHRMA NW schedule

The AHRMA Northwest schedule is posted on the AHRMA Northwest website. A total of 15 trials are scheduled ranging from northern California to Bellingham WA. There are 11 regional vintage motocrosses with all of them having a trials included. There are 2 stand alone trials (willows CA, and a 2 day at Donner Pass). There is a sub region of the northwest region called the Lumberjack series with 7 vintage motocrosses all including trials. The Lumberjack series ranges from Canby CA.in the northeast corner of CA to Bellingham WA in northern WA. Lots of fun riding. Enjoy! Dana
Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #174
Slipscomb
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Cool2

Went riding again this weekend and the little Honda TL125 is running great! I have only had it running for a fe weeks now and am learning the intricasies of Trials riding. My friend Joe just got his new (old) Yamaha 250 going after rescuing it from a barn in northeast Oklahoma a few days ago.

Sean
Slipscomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #175
Slipscomb
n00b

Oddometer: 3

Sean
Slipscomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #176
England-Kev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,469
Vintage Trials Bikes

Lets see them then.

And because I know all the 2 stroke boys get fed up with beemers, I thought I would start with a BMW Trials bike..

England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #177
Bongolia
stop acting

Oddometer: 16,824
I win

Old 01-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #178
England-Kev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongolia View Post
I win
Very Nice too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Wt5...uXSww&index=10

Vintage trial action I took last year. The Talmag is on again next week.
England-Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #179
slowpoke28787
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
My Ossa MAR

I restored this one. Just like the one I had at 14 in 1975.
Attached Images

slowpoke28787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #180
RobbieO
Muskokatard

Oddometer: 7,926
Excuse the mullet......it was the 80's