Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #241
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockyv7 View Post
There not that useless, i had three well used ones linking my keys together. about all they were good for.
Cheers Locky.
I bet in a pinch they could be used as crush washers for you oil drain plug.

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #242
bogus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
hewlett packard pc adsolute pos
Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #243
high dangler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
ive been disapointed with Aria helmets .Ive had 2... I didnt learn on the first.
They are pretty damn comfortable but the peices falling off make me wonder why its considered by some to be a premium helmet. Even the expensive iridium visor i bought for it self destructed the first time i wiped it with dampened cloth.
Yeah they'll make good on the problems but still...
high dangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #244
high dangler
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Alpinestars Roam Boots. During their second season the seams ruptured which rendered them vented, instead of waterproof. I'm glad I didn't pay anywhere near full price for those holy boots.

I had those boots and didnt care for them at all. Very uncomfortable.

high dangler screwed with this post 01-16-2012 at 08:49 AM
high dangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:30 AM   #245
tgeliot
Topher

Oddometer: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogus View Post
hewlett packard pc adsolute pos
Yeah isn't that a shame. Back when I was a kid, HP was the gold standard for anything they made. Anyone here remember the HP-35 and HP-45 calculators?

In the 90s I bought a used HP PC. The previous owner had been chain smoker, so it reeked. I took it all apart and cleaned it with solvent in my driveway, and so got to see all the details of how it was laid out and assembled. A really nice piece of engineering. Now their stuff is crap :-(
1) Coroner's report is to read "Death by misadventure."
2) Dixieland jazz band at my funeral.
tgeliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #246
BBRadar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeliot View Post
Yeah isn't that a shame. Back when I was a kid, HP was the gold standard for anything they made. Anyone here remember the HP-35 and HP-45 calculators?

In the 90s I bought a used HP PC. The previous owner had been chain smoker, so it reeked. I took it all apart and cleaned it with solvent in my driveway, and so got to see all the details of how it was laid out and assembled. A really nice piece of engineering. Now their stuff is crap :-(
Not all, stick with their business/server products and you'll get something reliable.

worst POS I bought was a Benelli scooter I bought a few years ago for getting around town and to/from work. Used it for less than 6 months before pushing it aside out of frustration.
BBRadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #247
7seas10
7seas

Oddometer: 423
Givi AF 330 windshield the biggest POS.

7seas10 screwed with this post 01-17-2012 at 10:03 AM
7seas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #248
t6pilot
Studly Adventurer

Bought new 1984 FORD BRONCO II
Biggest piece of crap to come out of Detroit, Ford bought it back thank god for lemon law
t6pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #249
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
Bought new 1984 FORD BRONCO II
Biggest piece of crap to come out of Detroit, Ford bought it back thank god for lemon law
There's probably been more votes for this particular "Worst piece of equipment" than any other. A 1983 example with the underpowered and fragile 2.8 V6, self-destructing power door locks and window winders, and interminably failing A/C, (amongst other shortcomings - Thank Dog it wasn't an automatic trans model) was one of the many things listed herein that I have owned
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #250
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer_Al View Post
Well, unfortunately, I have to share the sad tale of another POS...

A little over a year ago, I bought a top-of-the-line 4.25" hand grinder from Sears -- my first hand grinder was a reconditioned Sears, and I'd been using it for over 20 years.

What a mistake. I was using it with a flap wheel to smooth welds. Within 4 months, the damn thing starts acting up - it needs a little nudge on the wheel to get it running. Then, it starts shooting BIG SPARKS out the vents! So I take it all apart, discover it's full of funk, so I clean it, chuck it up in my lathe and skim the rotor which had very bad arc burns, and reassemble it.

It lasts for 2 months, then starts shooting sparks out the side again. It's full of funk again, and the funk is accumulating where the brushes are located! Kinda bad plan, since it's a GRINDER, and grinders make electrically conductive dust. WTF? Put the fan on the other end, Mr. Rocket Doctor.

So, I haul it back to Sears. Turns out that Sears has PUSSIFIED the Craftsman name: now, it don't mean shit. Now the have a 90-day warranty (no guarantee anymore) on power tools. I ask the sales dood "So, does Sears still have a 'satisfaction guarantee'?" He says "yes", so I slide the grinder across the counter again and say "I'm not satisfied". He laughs heartily, and says it doesn't work like that. I asked for the manager, he repeats the same line, so I told him, and I'll tell everyone that will listen, that if I want a made in China POS, I'll go to Harbor Freight and pay $20, not $90 for a throw-away tool that is badly and dangerously designed. And, really, what is a Satisfaction Guarantee if they won't honor it? Nothing but lying advertising bullshit.

I will *never* buy another tool from Sears, ever.
I nearly concur. Take a look at 90% of all Craftsman hand tools (wenches, screwdrivers, sockets, pliers, etc) they are now made in China. WTF Sears...this is why we bought Craftsman tools in the first place. They cost 1/2 of Snap-On, were made in the USA and had a lifetime warranty. I have two roll cabinets full of Craftsman tools, but, hells bells, I'd just as well get HF or Kobalt...they are too made in China and have a lifetime warranty.
Sears..you fucked yourself on this one.

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr
jbhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #251
jbhawley
WTF- Gus?

Oddometer: 413
Icon Hooligan 2 gloves - they are made of some sort of suede like material that the hook part of velcro will destroy in a few uses. I got maybe a months worth of wear outta these POS gloves.

Sunblocker shade stripe - or whatever the hell its called. You know the little strip of tinted material that sticks to the inside of the helmet visor...supposed to keep the sun outta your eyes...Another POS. Would not stick. I ripped it out and put two strips of black (electrical) tape on the outside of the visor. Cost maybe 1/2 cent. Works like a charm and is easily replaceable. This particular tape has been on my visor for two years in all types of weather (rain, hail, etc, etc) and still sticks. Wanna get it off...pull and get a dab of goo-gone or the like.

VW Quantum - this was a in line 5 cyl car. What a POS. It ate lifters like skittles. I only think VW made this POS for a couple years. Three sets of lifters in 30K miles. Not too mention all the other "little" issues. My wicked witch of the south bitch ex-wife traded it on a newer-used car one day without my knowing..sorta glad at the time. Long story short. The bitch took 2500$ of my savings that was gonna get used to pay the yearly property taxes without telling me, to pay the difference on the newer car since the VW was still on credit. I didn't find out about the 2500$ until 6 months later. Oh! I forgot to mention the same said, witch ex-wife was the one that "had to have" the VW Quantum in the first fucking place. I don't know what I hated more, the car or her. . ...

Yep! I hate her more. Still do and we been divorced for 19 years. The car was a total POS...but she was a fucking BI-OTCH! Shit..My blood pressure is sky high now just thinking about that troll. My grandma made a statement a few days after we separated...way back in 1993...
"Well, she came from shit...she can go back to shit now...I reckon"
Seems that Grandma had a way with words.

Maybe in comparison the Icon Hooligan gloves weren't so bad after all.

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr
jbhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #252
BMW Kurt
Bluesman

Oddometer: 9,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhawley View Post

Sunblocker shade stripe - or whatever the hell its called. You know the little strip of tinted material that sticks to the inside of the helmet visor...supposed to keep the sun outta your eyes...Another POS. Would not stick. I ripped it out and put two strips of black (electrical) tape on the outside of the visor. Cost maybe 1/2 cent. Works like a charm and is easily replaceable. This particular tape has been on my visor for two years in all types of weather (rain, hail, etc, etc) and still sticks. Wanna get it off...pull and get a dab of goo-gone or the like.

Yep, I had one put on at a rally for $15. Took it off after riding 10 miles and put it in a trash can. I could have spent that money on beer.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #253
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,195
Sunblocker shade stripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Kurt View Post
Yep, I had one put on at a rally for $15. Took it off after riding 10 miles and put it in a trash can. I could have spent that money on beer.
Yeah, I couldn't get mine to stick to my forehead either.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #254
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
[B]

Yep! I hate her more. Still do and we been divorced for 19 years. The car was a total POS...but she was a fucking BI-OTCH! Shit..My blood pressure is sky high now just thinking about that troll. My grandma made a statement a few days after we separated...way back in 1993...
"Well, she came from shit...she can go back to shit now...I reckon"
Seems that Grandma had a way with words.

Maybe in comparison the Icon Hooligan gloves weren't so bad after all.

Priceless!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #255
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,712
Quote:
I nearly concur. Take a look at 90% of all Craftsman hand tools (wenches, screwdrivers, sockets, pliers, etc) they are now made in China. WTF Sears...this is why we bought Craftsman tools in the first place. They cost 1/2 of Snap-On, were made in the USA and had a lifetime warranty. I have two roll cabinets full of Craftsman tools, but, hells bells, I'd just as well get HF or Kobalt...they are too made in China and have a lifetime warranty.
Sears..you fucked yourself on this one.
All for the short-term chasing of money. These corporate wankers will never ever learn.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote