ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #4741
FL Pepper
OMGWTFFTW
 
FL Pepper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Central Ridge
Oddometer: 1,454
Sanpau & FL P will be at the park in the am. Enough bikes are running.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2001 Westfield Celebration
New ADVmonster Website
Central Sandbox Tag-O-Rama Maps
FL Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #4742
speedracertdi
Studly Adventurer
 
speedracertdi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL
Oddometer: 985
I'll be there at 9:30


Quote:
Originally Posted by 51% View Post
Hey, if you guys are doing Sunday I will ride over from the west coast. Recommend knobs or streets?
I run 50/50 tires for everything I ride on. Depends on your skill level. Last weekend we hit every possible surface you could think of, I was on 50/50, El Santo was on.... er, "slicks" .
__________________
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
-Doc Brown
speedracertdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #4743
sanpau
Love to Ride
 
sanpau's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Sunrise, FL
Oddometer: 698
Thanks for the ride guys---It was nice to meet El Santo and 51%......Schnebly Redland's had great BBQ and Beer for a reasonable price today and it was yummy!!! Rod and Kenny braved some dirt on the way back but Sharon and I decided to do the pavement. Hope to see all of you again soon....if the DR350 is up and running again maybe some dirt next time....51% TELL us some places to ride in your neck of the woods and we can meet up with you over there sometime.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,2912511.story

We will have to find somewhere else to meet soon....................
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #4744
rider1150gsadv
Fl Keys Fishing Guide
 
rider1150gsadv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Florida Keys/Ft Likkertail , USA
Oddometer: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpau View Post
Thanks for the ride guys---It was nice to meet El Santo and 51%......Schnebly Redland's had great BBQ and Beer for a reasonable price today and it was yummy!!! Rod and Kenny braved some dirt on the way back but Sharon and I decided to do the pavement. Hope to see all of you again soon....if the DR350 is up and running again maybe some dirt next time....51% TELL us some places to ride in your neck of the woods and we can meet up with you over there sometime.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,2912511.story

We will have to find somewhere else to meet soon....................
The lease has been extended for one more year from what I understand.. I hope so.. Glad you guys had a great ride today!!!
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #4745
51%
ReadyToRide
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: SW Flatistan
Oddometer: 72
Thanks to the SF group for a warm welcome and a great ride today.

Scrubbing bugs off my face shield now while waiting for food. 350 miles for me today.

(later) Loop road was posted closed near where the pavement ends at the east end... I pressed on to the western exit. Saw no reason for closure unless they just don't want traffic while the culverts are going in. Found a nice 12-14 ft gator on the side of the road, wanted his picture but didn't have a long lens. Stopping close enough for a cell phone pic seemed unwise. It was really nice out there today because the signs kept all the casual users out. Saw just two vehicles in the whole place.

Went on west via Janes and through Picayune as the sun was setting. Lots of destruction going on there.

All in all a great day. Good company, blue skies, and warm weather.
__________________
Mike
DRZ 400S
[sold]800GS
Looking for something Orange

51% screwed with this post 01-22-2012 at 06:16 PM Reason: mo betta
51% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #4746
speedracertdi
Studly Adventurer
 
speedracertdi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL
Oddometer: 985
We didn't get much dirt. They added a new gate about 1/4 mile in. You could go around if you had a hovercraft (deep mud). We turned around and went back via Krome.

It was a great day and Schnebly was really great too. Nice to meet 51%. Maybe we can do a ride/camp next Saturday and Sunday in Picayune Strand. Weather is dry and hopefully be cool enough to sleep outdoors comfortably.
__________________
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
-Doc Brown
speedracertdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #4747
speedracertdi
Studly Adventurer
 
speedracertdi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL
Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpau View Post
Thanks for the ride guys---It was nice to meet El Santo and 51%......Schnebly Redland's had great BBQ and Beer for a reasonable price today and it was yummy!!! Rod and Kenny braved some dirt on the way back but Sharon and I decided to do the pavement. Hope to see all of you again soon....if the DR350 is up and running again maybe some dirt next time....51% TELL us some places to ride in your neck of the woods and we can meet up with you over there sometime.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,2912511.story

We will have to find somewhere else to meet soon....................

Here's my answer to that.

http://www.change.org/petitions/broward-county-florida-leave-everglades-holiday-park-unchanged

It's my first time using Change.org but I can't let Broward do this unchallenged. If you agree, please sign the petition and tell your friends. Thanks!
__________________
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
-Doc Brown
speedracertdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #4748
FL Pepper
OMGWTFFTW
 
FL Pepper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Central Ridge
Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracertdi View Post
Here's my answer to that.

http://www.change.org/petitions/broward-county-florida-leave-everglades-holiday-park-unchanged

It's my first time using Change.org but I can't let Broward do this unchallenged. If you agree, please sign the petition and tell your friends. Thanks!
DONE!

Just because one politically connected person wants that property is no reason to allow the county commission to take this place away from all the rest of us.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2001 Westfield Celebration
New ADVmonster Website
Central Sandbox Tag-O-Rama Maps
FL Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #4749
FL Pepper
OMGWTFFTW
 
FL Pepper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Central Ridge
Oddometer: 1,454
Great meeting 51% today. Glad you made it over here to meet us. We'll have to come over there soon and do some more riding and less time spent in Dade county traffic.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2001 Westfield Celebration
New ADVmonster Website
Central Sandbox Tag-O-Rama Maps
FL Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #4750
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer
 
FLARider1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Homestead, Florida
Oddometer: 1,214
Ok, so do you guys realize you were like 4 miles from my house yesterday!!!!! I can almost walk to Schneblys!! and if you went down 296 or 288 west out that way then you were within a block of the house!! Sent SanPau my number and I think FLP has it also! ring me up next time!! 51% probably didn't realize how close you were!!!

Still waiting on getting the bike fixed, hopefully this week!! I am missing prime riding weather!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #4751
Ginger Beard
I have no soul
 
Ginger Beard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Sunny Northern Cuba (aka: South Florida)
Oddometer: 6,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracertdi View Post
We didn't get much dirt. They added a new gate about 1/4 mile in. You could go around if you had a hovercraft (deep mud). We turned around and went back via Krome.
Sounds like you guys (and gals ) had a great ride today. Where did they add in a new gate?

I rode the KLX up to Okeechobee and went dirt bike riding at L Cross for a few hours. All in all 270 miles and I got to ride the levee back from Clewiston during sunset and after dark...If you haven't done this I highly recommend it...there are a TON of critters out there when the Sun is setting.
__________________
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe~


Scramster
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #4752
FL Pepper
OMGWTFFTW
 
FL Pepper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Central Ridge
Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
Still waiting on getting the bike fixed, hopefully this week!! I am missing prime riding weather!!
We missed you, Andy.

Figured you would still be recuperating. Hope you and the bike are up and running soon.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2001 Westfield Celebration
New ADVmonster Website
Central Sandbox Tag-O-Rama Maps
FL Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #4753
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: marietta, ga.
Oddometer: 4,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51% View Post
Thanks to the SF group for a warm welcome and a great ride today.

Scrubbing bugs off my face shield now while waiting for food. 350 miles for me today.

(later) Loop road was posted closed near where the pavement ends at the east end... I pressed on to the western exit. Saw no reason for closure unless they just don't want traffic while the culverts are going in. Found a nice 12-14 ft gator on the side of the road, wanted his picture but didn't have a long lens. Stopping close enough for a cell phone pic seemed unwise. It was really nice out there today because the signs kept all the casual users out. Saw just two vehicles in the whole place.

Went on west via Janes and through Picayune as the sun was setting. Lots of destruction going on there.

All in all a great day. Good company, blue skies, and warm weather.
Planning on riding the loop from west to east on thursday. Open all the way???
Thanks!
__________________
ride till you can't.
1200GS/black
Boxer Cup Replika/red-white-blue

Semper Paratus
marty hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #4754
51%
ReadyToRide
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: SW Flatistan
Oddometer: 72
Marty, there are signs saying closed, local traffic only. I rode all the way through no problem. I figured I was local- probably have a cousin or something back there.
You can just give them the lost tourist routine if anyone asks. Speak in an accent and tell them you're looking for Disney. Worst they can do is send you back out and you use 41.
__________________
Mike
DRZ 400S
[sold]800GS
Looking for something Orange
51% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #4755
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: marietta, ga.
Oddometer: 4,158
Mike, got to say I really like your advice.
I'll be around next saturday, hope to meet some of you guys.

Oh, and thanks for the info. I'll speak a bit of Italian or Russian.
__________________
ride till you can't.
1200GS/black
Boxer Cup Replika/red-white-blue

Semper Paratus
marty hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014