Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
Tworide
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeItLoud View Post
Thanks a lot Joe. I appreciate your comment on the front fender rack, It wont get anything more than a sleeping bag or maybe groceries for the day. It is very solid, but like you say, bad things can happen.
LikeItLoud
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though with each passing I grow older, I REFUSE to grow up!
I just found your thread on the VXA, I've had a VX in the stable for 14 years. It's truly a UJM. You can turn it into what ever niche you want. I've always thought that it could be a poor mans R80GS with the right bits.
One small thing you might consider for the VXA is to change the two separate top pieces of the handle bar clamps for the one piece clamp from a '92-'93 VX. As the clamps are rubber mounted in the top triple clamp, they can allow the bar to twist in the clamps in opposite directions, specially if the bike is tipped. Leaving you with a wonky angled bar.
The one piece clamp stops that.

I've had friends that have run the Haul Road to Prudhoe. It's a 830 mile long paint shaker. Most have had some sort of baggage rack problems or cracked sub frames. (found after they got back home) It will test your engineering. Make sure you Loctite all your mounting hardware, or you'll be leaving a trail for Hansel N Gretel. When you see trucks coming the other way on that road, it's best to pull over and duck down. They can throw some gravel!
Good luck on your ride!
GT
'90 NS50 "Gritz Bomb 2"
'92 VX800 "Wuzzat?"
"98 DR350SE "Cushy Ride"

Tworide is offline   Reply With Quote