Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #1186
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertag View Post
Great pics Pluric! Where are you riding in those pictures?

So awsoom!!
Wind River area in Wyoming.

North Rim of the Grand Canyon

Grand Staircase (bad mud holes)

Burr trail

Lake Powell in the back ground

Can't remember the name. Mill Hollow outside of Provo???

Strawberry Lake in the back ground

Okay. Saso should be happy for a while now.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #1187
roarin calhoun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
What? No pic!

lookin awful studly there,pluric....robbing that cradle & all. Or that your daughter? As for paying the new price on a PDP Tenere, you could be buying a BMW. Thank the Lord for the blessing you are about to recieve--from Japan. I paid $12,500 for my Tenere, would gladly pay the new price if I had to. I had a much more expensive GS12. Yuck.
roarin calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #1188
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarin calhoun View Post
lookin awful studly there,pluric....robbing that cradle & all. Or that your daughter? As for paying the new price on a PDP Tenere, you could be buying a BMW. Thank the Lord for the blessing you are about to recieve--from Japan. I paid $12,500 for my Tenere, would gladly pay the new price if I had to. I had a much more expensive GS12. Yuck.
Studly? You must really be squinting on that one.

I did cradle rob. She's five years younger and a hundred years better looking.

On the Wind River ride it was a couples ride to Jackson we do anually.
On the way home we stopped at my summer home and they wanted to
try trail riding. Isn't it always funner to trash someone elses shit?

It was fun and for some a first time.

They did help clean it all up.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #1189
Wantajustride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
But only a little... my 2006 Wee used to average 48mpg (country), the S10 will often get close to that and averages 43. If you're commuting though you'll see a bigger difference. Stop-go traffic has less impact on the Wee.

Trevor
My Wee seems to "Sip" fuel. I haven't checked in awhile, but at last check 60 MPG (at an avg elevation of 7200 ft)!
I saw the Super Tenere in person weeks back and then up close at the dealership. That beast is one of the best looking DS bikes on the market. And after sitting on one in the showroom I was instantly addicted.
Guess I'm gonna have to man-up and sell the Wee.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/attac...1&d=1327368479
"Walking thru life to an unknown destination and trying to enjoy the adventure getting there"

Wantajustride screwed with this post 02-12-2012 at 08:49 AM
Wantajustride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #1190
Saso
chronically restless

Oddometer: 866
Damn Pluric, The Winds, North Rim, Grand Staircase Escalante, Burr Trail, etc., and you don't even have the K60s on it yet.
Saso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #1191
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saso View Post
Damn Pluric, The Winds, North Rim, Grand Staircase Escalante, Burr Trail, etc., and you don't even have the K60s on it yet.
You're getting to be a hard man to please.

Baja in three weeks.

pluric screwed with this post 01-23-2012 at 06:18 PM
Old 01-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #1192
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by roarin calhoun View Post
lookin awful studly there,pluric....
You missed a pic pluric..

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #1193
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
You missed a pic pluric..
Okay, now THAT'S studly.

Here's the before so anyone can get creative. How about just get rid of the grey?

Old 01-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #1194
Saso
chronically restless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
You're getting to be a hard man to please.

Baja in three weeks.

Mine are waiting for me across the Bay here. I'm heading to Baja first week in April. with a friend who's riding an F800GS. He's skeptical about the big S10 - I'll send him a link to your pics.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #1195
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
Shoot, all these pics are bumming me out! I've got to sell my decked out ST after having suffered a good spill on my DR 650, that resulted in neck surgery (fuse with titanium plate and "donor" bones), and upcoming, shoulder surgery for a massive tear. It's a shame because of the break in care/maintenance I took with the bike and the big bucks I put into it. 3K miles. All easy highway stuff, no off road at all. I'm sick about it, but have to go this route. It'll be up on the sale thread in a few weeks. This was to be my last motorcycle. I love the bike. Just can't take the chance of screwing up my spine and end up in a wheelchair.

The Super Ten is the best and most fun all around bike I've ever owned. I've ridden just about every brand built over the past 40 yrs (including the oil head BMW's).

I don't know where I'm going to go from here. A trike type bike may be all that I can do going forwards.

Stromdog screwed with this post 01-23-2012 at 07:11 PM Reason: Grammer.
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #1196
Saso
chronically restless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromdog View Post
Shoot, all these pics are bumming me out! I've got to sell my decked out ST after having suffered a good spill on my DR 650, that resulted in neck surgery (fuse with titanium plate and "donor" bones), and upcoming, shoulder surgery for a massive tear. It's a shame because of the break in care/maintenance I took with the bike and the big bucks I put into it. 3K miles. All easy highway stuff, no off road at all. I'm sick about it, but have to go this route. It'll be up on the sale thread in a few weeks. This was to be my last motorcycle. I love the bike. Just can't take the chance of screwing up my spine and end up in a wheelchair.

The Super Ten is the best and most fun all around bike I've ever owned. I've ridden just about every brand built over the past 40 yrs (including the oil head BMW's).

I don't know where I'm going to go from here. A trike type bike may be all that I can do going forwards.
So sorry to hear about this - are you absolutely sure? Doctor's orders? Don't give up.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1197
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:

Check post #74 possible option???

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=427825&page=5

Old 01-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #1198
roarin calhoun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:

hay Stromdog, I was about to suggest a sidecar when pluric posted the one above. Really,look into it. BUT, get a book on sidecar riding as they ARE different . That will keep you out of trouble. They are lottsa fun but DIFFERENT. I had one for my dog. We had a blast.Went trails (wide ones) with it and everything. GOOD LUCK ! Sorry to about your accident but you ain't dead. Hang in there. Better days ahead.
roarin calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #1199
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

It wouldn't have to be a full sidecar. Just one of these platform setups would be nice.
I did forget to mention best to you on your recovery.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #1200
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,002
Quote:

Sorry to hear that Mate.

After your recovery you may be able to look at a XT900Z. with side car, if the Biking gods are good.

All the best and chin up.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote