User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
caponerd
Kickstart Enthusiast

Oddometer: 1,980
I thought that might have been what happened to it.
I carried it from Eugene, Oregon to the Oregon Vintage Motorcyclists show in Corvallis, Oregon in May of 2005. I was actually accompanied by the owner of that Vincent I posted a pic of (shoulda had him carry it!). I handed the bottle over to a Norton rider who carried it to Portland, with the plan of going by The Cycle Hub and having Cliff Majhor, the Sandy Bandit, sign the tube, and somehow, the guy forgot he had it!
It had dissappeared for a couple of months, and I just assumed that it was duly carried to its destination in Portland and then passed on to someone further North.
When people on britbike began asking if anyone knew where the bottle was, I contacted the guy I had given it to, and he finally sent it on to the next recipient.
So I have the dubious honor of almost being the guy who lost the famous bottle of Guinness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochetrider View Post
sweet! ha, you were part of the Coast-To-Coast Guinness Relay? funny you should post that pic. the bottle Gunness you're holding there is now in Morgan's (britbike.com owner) "Museum", at his home in Sweden.

caponerd is offline   Reply With Quote