Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #751
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by kion View Post
I had the REV'IT! Cayenne Pro jacket and pants in medium size. I trashed them in a accident this fall and I decided to get another pair. But the new one feels a bit larger than the old one. It's true I lost couple pounds but still. Did Rev'it make them a little roomier for the american crowd?
Hi Kion,
The sizing should be the same, as there were no changes in their grading. There was a running change in the Cayenne Pro jacket in regards to the collar hook system, but it should not have affected the size. At least you can be please that your gear feels a little loose, as most folks find their gear shrinks over the winter months.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #752
outsidein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
I have an Olympia AST jacket and Rev'it Dakar pants. I like both but have to say after 3 years of heavy use the Olympia jacket has stood up better and would seem to offer better abrasion protection. The breathable water proofing on the Rev'It gear seems to be more breathable though.
outsidein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #753
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
New REV'IT! 2012 Collection

Hello Gents,

UPDATE: We have a 2012 REV'IT! Collection Review with Videos Thread Now posted in Vendors as well.

We have just unleashed the new 2012 REV'IT! Spring Collection on RevZilla with video. Hey now.

Click for the New 2012 REV'IT! Collection on RevZilla

Click for the 2012 REVIT Collection Video Review Playlist on RevZillaTV

Check out our favorite new product: The REV'IT! Horizon Jacket

What's your favorite new item?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and questions.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 01-02-2012 at 11:29 AM
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #754
rschulte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Talking Nolan N104 Com gear

Anthony:

Do you have any information on the Com gear for the Nolan N104 helmet? Price, availability, specs, etc?

Thanks
rschulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #755
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschulte View Post
Anthony:

Do you have any information on the Com gear for the Nolan N104 helmet? Price, availability, specs, etc?

Thanks
We have not yet been provided official details on the Nolan N-Com Bluetooth Kit B4, however this is what the distributor was able to communicate. The ETA on the B4 is mid to late February, about the same time the Nolan N104 will launch. There is no confirmed pricing yet, but will likely be in the ball park of what the Nolan Basic Kit and the Nolan N-Com E-Box Bluetooth 2 Kit cost now. Please note the new B4 will be a complete kit and the Basic Kit will not be needed. The B4 will also be equipped with a FM receiver that will store up to 5 pre-set stations the user will control through the Nolan website.

When we have more information and confirmation on pricing, we will update our website.

Ali
TeamZilla

Old 01-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #756
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 631
Navigator Jacket Question

This is my 2nd winter with the Navigator jacket. What a deal! I love everything about it but I find myself wishing it had the 2-way sleeve zips found in the Sand model. Tucking in the gauntlets for wet weather riding is a real pain. Would a sleeve zipper retro-fit on the Navigator be feasible?
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 08:52 AM
KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #757
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX View Post
This is my 2nd winter with the Navigator jacket. What a deal! I love everything about it but I find myself wishing it had the 2-way sleeve zips found in the Sand and Legacy models. Tucking in the gauntlets for wet weather riding is a real pain. Would a sleeve zipper retro-fit on the Navigator be feasible?
Making alterations to motorcycle apparel is typically a bad idea, especially on technical apparel like the REV'IT! Navigator Jacket. I would not recommend attempting the retro-fit.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 01-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #758
msgvb

Oddometer: 272
Heated Glove Liners - Powerlet vs. Gerbings

Hey guys, interested in picking up a set of heated glove liners this year in order to get finger heat while still using a secondary protective over-glove.

I'm checking out the products you offer by both Powerlet and Gerbings.

I like what I'm reading about the Powerlet product, however, I'm not too keen on that power connect interface on top. Seems like it might interfere with a jacket cuff or be lumpy and uncomfortable. Any experience on this?

The Gerbings glove liner has a plain old wire connect, which I like, however, I'm interested in trying the new infrared tech of the Powerlet glove.

Ideally, I was planning on a gauntlet style protective over-glove, something by REV'IT or Dainese. Not sure how that power interface is going to work with another glove on top, esp a gauntlet glove? Seems like a second shortie glove would be worse, cuff interference wise, anyway?

msgvb screwed with this post 01-10-2012 at 02:38 PM
msgvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #759
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
Hey guys, interested in picking up a set of heated glove liners this year in order to get finger heat while still using a secondary protective over-glove.

I'm checking out the products you offer by both Powerlet and Gerbings.

I like what I'm reading about the Powerlet product, however, I'm not too keen on that power connect interface on top. Seems like it might interfere with a jacket cuff or be lumpy and uncomfortable. Any experience on this?

The Gerbings glove liner has a plain old wire connect, which I like, however, I'm interested in trying the new infrared tech of the Powerlet glove.

Ideally, I was planning on a gauntlet style protective over-glove, something by REV'IT or Dainese. Not sure how that power interface is going to work with another glove on top, esp a gauntlet glove? Seems like a second shortie glove would be worse, cuff interference wise, anyway?

I'm a big fan of the far infrared heating in the Powerlet products and have one of their jacket liners. I spoke with a colleague of mine who uses the glove liners along with a pair of REV'IT! Kelvin Gloves. On the Powerlet glove liner, the connection falls below the wrist bone, so if you are using a glove with a decent size gauntlet, you should be fine.

Ali
TeamZilla

Old 01-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #760
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,636
Just wanted to say thanks to Joel.

Called in and spoke with him a few moments ago, will be placing my online order for a helmet now.

Thanks again!
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #761
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Joel.

Called in and spoke with him a few moments ago, will be placing my online order for a helmet now.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the shout-out; it's always a pleasure to help! Your helmet's already been packaged up and will be heading out on the big brown box truck in a couple hours so you should have it just in time for some weekend riding. Enjoy your new lid!

Joel
TeamZilla

Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #762
sboada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Here's to Eric for helping me sort out the sizing issues for my Held WarmnDry gloves. Finally found a pair that fits and they are working out great so far.
sboada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #763
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Hey Guys,
I'm looking to move from my Arai XD to my first modular helmet and don't really want to break the bank based on it being my first. So was considering the Nolan N90. My XD is a small, but haven't taken a tape measure to my head as yet.
I use a Cardo Scala Q2 on my XD. Would this be able to fit on the Nolan and would you also suggest a small?
Daryll
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #764
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
Hey Guys,
I'm looking to move from my Arai XD to my first modular helmet and don't really want to break the bank based on it being my first. So was considering the Nolan N90. My XD is a small, but haven't taken a tape measure to my head as yet.
I use a Cardo Scala Q2 on my XD. Would this be able to fit on the Nolan and would you also suggest a small?
Daryll
Hi Daryll,
Nolan makes a solid modular helmet, and they've been making modular helmets for a very long time. Both the N90 and the N103 are good places to start. You may have also heard this year they are launching the Nolan N104, which is pretty sleek. Between the N90 and the N103, the N103 has a few superior features for only dollars more, such as a stainless steel latching system and a balanced chin bar that allows you to ride at low speeds with the chin bar up. The N90 chin bar sits slightly forward when open and is not as well balanced. Both the N90 and the N103 are specifically designed to work with the NCom system, but you should be able to use your Cardo Scala Q2 with no problems.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #765
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Great, thanks for the info.
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote