ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #9091
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
NO way in HELL would I spend a thousand bucks let alone that kinda cash...Hell even if that included my whore of choice I would not spring for that
Yeah, you could watch it on the tube for free.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #9092
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet
 
veriest1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Tejas
Oddometer: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Yeah, you could watch it on the tube for free.
AND have a better view AND not miss the awesome commercials.
veriest1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #9093
AndrewT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Tivoli, TX
Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
I like to see them. But my original question was what do the warning signs look like?
Probably a lot like this:

AndrewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #9094
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
AND have a better view AND not miss the awesome commercials.
There have been a few years when the commercials were better and more interesting than the game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #9095
Schickmeister
Youngin'
 
Schickmeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Your Mom's House
Oddometer: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Costco has Super Bowl tickets and travel packages. Here's one that includes 2 tickets to the game, two tickets to a taste of the NFL (whatever that is), 4 nights accommodations at the comfort suites, some tickets to the pre game party and transportation from the hotel to the game. All this is $15,499.99. By the time you pay for airfare, taxes on the tickets, and other junk, you could have bought a brand new R1200 GS for two. I cannot imagine spending that sort of money to go to a football game. I'd take the motorcycle every time.

But everyone has different spending priorities.
But the GMEN are playing....I'd go.

GO BIG BLUE!
__________________
Jason
'11 Flying Banana
Schickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #9096
slowoldguy
Tire Tester
 
slowoldguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: West of Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 8,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964 View Post
NO way in HELL would I spend a thousand bucks let alone that kinda cash...Hell even if that included my whore of choice I would not spring for that
Wait. When did I write this? And why does it have Ghost's name on it?
__________________
RTB V- The Texas ADV Rally- Hurry before we fuck this up!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
"If you can't fix it with a hammer you can damn sure teach it a lesson".
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #9097
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
But the GMEN are playing....I'd go.

GO BIG BLUE!
So how much you selling your bike for? I can do a quick close, for the right price. That way you could take your girl or your Dad to the game. Better yet, your future father-in-law.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #9098
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet
 
veriest1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Tejas
Oddometer: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
There have been a few years when the commercials were better and more interesting than the game.
Sad but true.

I swear that Super Bowl commercials are the only ones that get any thought. They probably take almost a year to figure out.
veriest1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #9099
dsavage
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Waco, Texas
Oddometer: 301
super bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Costco has Super Bowl tickets and travel packages. Here's one that includes 2 tickets to the game, two tickets to a taste of the NFL (whatever that is), 4 nights accommodations at the comfort suites, some tickets to the pre game party and transportation from the hotel to the game. All this is $15,499.99. By the time you pay for airfare, taxes on the tickets, and other junk, you could have bought a brand new R1200 GS for two. I cannot imagine spending that sort of money to go to a football game. I'd take the motorcycle every time.

But everyone has different spending priorities.

Dahveed,

Thanks for the heads up on this. Since we don't have a Costco in Waco, I had to go online to make the arrangements. I've always wanted to go to a Super Bowl and even though it's a little expensive, in the long run it'll be worth it. I'm sure there will be those who think I'm nuts for doing this but then again, to me it's kinda like riding the haul road.
dsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #9100
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavage View Post
Dahveed,

Thanks for the heads up on this. Since we don't have a Costco in Waco, I had to go online to make the arrangements. I've always wanted to go to a Super Bowl and even though it's a little expensive, in the long run it'll be worth it. I'm sure there will be those who think I'm nuts for doing this but then again, to me it's kinda like riding the haul road.
Your welcome Dan. I hope you enjoy the game. Let us know where your tickets are and I'll keep my eyes open for you during the game.

Did you go last year when it was in your own backyard?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my finger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R

Dahveed screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 06:47 AM
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #9101
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
Sad but true.

I swear that Super Bowl commercials are the only ones that get any thought. They probably take almost a year to figure out.
Yeah, they do generally put their A team on those commercials. Too bad they don't do that on most adverts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my finger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #9102
yardracer
stubborn cow
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Texas
Oddometer: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed View Post
Yeah, they do generally put their A team on those commercials. Too bad they don't do that on most adverts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my finger.

that's why I like PBS commercials....they're always good.
__________________
Yes, you can vacuum a Rottweiler
Certified battery murderer.
"Sounds to me like a bunch of other whiny pilots need to grow a set of ovaries and woman the f*#k up." Iron Horse
yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #9103
Cycledelic Relic
follow old goatpath
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: skinny pavement
Oddometer: 2,403
PBS..?. commercials... !???

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardracer View Post
that's why I like PBS commercials....they're always good.
!huh

I think everyone's evaporated
__________________
ThThThTHHhats all folks
Cycledelic Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #9104
4jranch
Studly Adventurer
 
4jranch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Brenham,Texas
Oddometer: 634
Bike choice?

Hey fellows,

I have been toying with the idea of getting a lighter off road bike. I have always wanted a 2stroke YZ 125 since I rode one briefly back in the 70's. I really don't have any "dirt" experience and it seems the F800GS is a little heavy to learn on not to mention I don't really want to drop it very much as it is a nice bike in good condition. Likewise Lynne has no "dirt" experience either, although she tells me she really doesn't want to ride around in circles. She does realize that the Versys really isn't a dual sport as such and is limited off road. I am thinking a bike that might be fun for me to learn "dirt technique", that I could drop without worry would be ideal. Also if Lynne could ride it to learn and later for riding off road with me when I would be riding the BMW. If the bike is for me only, seat height is no real issue but if Lynne is going to ride, the lower the better. I would definitely be looking at a used bike but with a little free time yesterday we looked at the bikes at Wood's Fun Center in Austin. The bikes that seemed best options at this point are:

Honda CRF250R (a nice 4 stroke maybe easier to find a good one than a beat up two stroke, light, lots of power, a little tall for Lynne, off road only)

Suzuki DR-Z400s (heavier, dual sport, still a little tall)

Kawasaki KLX250S (lighter, shorter, dual sport, seems too small for me)

Yamaha WR259R ?

Comments on this idea?
Comments on these bikes?
Other bikes to consider?

Thanks...Jeff
4jranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #9105
Cycledelic Relic
follow old goatpath
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: skinny pavement
Oddometer: 2,403
Hey Jeff...Talk with Dahveed or Rick M about the WR250 Yammy. 2 very different sized riders...but both love ridin the same bike.

Rick also has an 800GS...Dahveed an 1150 & a KLR
__________________
ThThThTHHhats all folks
Cycledelic Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015