Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #61
Paulie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic578 View Post
Let us know if the tips from ER-6i's fit onto the Sennheiser? i use the triple flange smalls, which do most of the heavy lifting when it comes to isolation (unless there are open ports out the back of the earbud?).
Got the Senns yesterday, nice quick shipping! They're smaller & mo comfy than the ERs, sound is purty decent too. I'll give em a ride test this w/e.

Unfortunately there's NFW the tips'll fit, the posts are much diff sizes.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #62
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,489
Following this with interest as I am a IEM whore. I have bought and tried many pairs over the years and have settled on Shure 530's as my normal listening cans and ER-6i's for riding and working out. I love the Er-6i's and will eventually need a replacement.

Had anyone asked Putts for his suggestions on a replacement? He is in Vendors and owns Headphone.com.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
95yardbird
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I use beats by dr. dre tour headphones. Work great for me and come with 5 different ear rubbers to find the right fit. Nice and flat outside so they fit very nicely inside my helmet. They are all over fleebay for cheap, that was my choice. Just my 2c.
95yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #64
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,325
You now have a new great choice in IEMs

Paradigm "Shift".........from Paradigm Speakers, of course !!
E1 $49.99
E2m $99.99
E3m $129.99

http://www.paradigm.com/shift/produc...ds/index.shtml

Yes, I am a Paradigm Dealer, so I'm Biased.
No, I can't sell you some, please look to your local Paradigm Dealers in your area.....

E2m will fit very nicely under a helmet.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #65
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
You now have a new great choice in IEMs

Paradigm "Shift".........from Paradigm Speakers, of course !!
E1 $49.99
E2m $99.99
E3m $129.99

http://www.paradigm.com/shift/produc...ds/index.shtml

Yes, I am a Paradigm Dealer, so I'm Biased.
No, I can't sell you some, please look to your local Paradigm Dealers in your area.....

E2m will fit very nicely under a helmet.
These are not noise reducing. They are the same as the $10-20 earbuds on the market as far as noise reduction is conerned. Feel free to give the EPA NRR if this is incorrect. (Etymotics had a nice NRR)
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #66
PunkinHead
Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder View Post
These are not noise reducing. They are the same as the $10-20 earbuds on the market as far as noise reduction is conerned. Feel free to give the EPA NRR if this is incorrect. (Etymotics had a nice NRR)
I just looked and the website doesn't give the NRR in the technical specs, which is a pretty good indication they won't be any good on a bike. I'd love to be proven wrong since my ER6i's aren't going to last forever.
PunkinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #67
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
The new Etymotics earbuds work great...not sure why there is such mourning about the old model. The new ones look to be much better made as well so as to avoid the cord issues of the past.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #68
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,489
Some of us still think the R1150 GSA was the high point of adventure bikes! You don't really expect us to give up our ER-6i's do you?

The 6i's punch way above their weight class in terms of performance. I am constantly amazed by the quality of sound from such a cheap set of IEM's. Plus, they actually fit well under a helmet and are durable. I use mine every day for working out and riding. That makes them pretty special.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #69
slowinfastout
Just Ridin' By....

Oddometer: 1,694
I've got a pair of ER6i's (black) that are very low hour use, and will put new filters and ear foams on them if someone wants to make an offer on them. I don't use them as I went to custom molded ones by Big Ear and have two pair of those, so the ER6i's just sit in my drawer.
slowinfastout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #70
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowinfastout View Post
I've got a pair of ER6i's (black) that are very low hour use, and will put new filters and ear foams on them if someone wants to make an offer on them. I don't use them as I went to custom molded ones by Big Ear and have two pair of those, so the ER6i's just sit in my drawer.
I'll start.
$30.00.

JK
I'm happy with my hf's
Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #71
John Smallberries OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
which

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
The new Etymotics earbuds work great...not sure why there is such mourning about the old model. The new ones look to be much better made as well so as to avoid the cord issues of the past.
Which model and how do they feel in your ears with your helmet on? How well do they isolate wind noise? These are the attributes I love about the ER6i.
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #72
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post
Which model and how do they feel in your ears with your helmet on? How well do they isolate wind noise? These are the attributes I love about the ER6i.
I have the high end ones, but as I recall all their models are the same basic shape and use the same buds. Yes isolation is great...better than earplugs. I think they use the same ends as the ER6. Work fine with helmet although if you don't have them pushed in all the way and depending on how tight your helmet is, they can occasionally tug on your ear. I have the one with the iphone controls on it which is nice so I can change volume and tracks, etc...the control hangs down just below my chin strap.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #73
camgregus
riding gently now

Oddometer: 2,998
thanks for the tip on the cord to pull them out. I had a set leave the plug in my ear for 200 miles recently and had to have my gf get them out with tweezers when I got home....

There is an internet vendor that modifies them to fit with iphone cords to allow use of the remote/mic like the newer ones. Reviews said that it had more bass/mid and muddier highs. Anyone have experience? I have an extra set of e6s that I am tempted to attempt to solder and shrinktube myself...
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #74
John Smallberries OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camgregus View Post
thanks for the tip on the cord to pull them out. I had a set leave the plug in my ear for 200 miles recently and had to have my gf get them out with tweezers when I got home....
I noticed that they are more likely to stick in your ears after a few months of use. If you swap out the rubber bellows thingie with a new one, they come out easier.

I tried the dental floss, but did not add the beads on the end. That is the better way to go.
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #75
rboett
posser noob 205

Oddometer: 1,682
my er6i's just plain disappeared

I just ordered up some er hf5's, from amazon, $95.00 delivered. for some reason the cobalt blue ones were cheaper.

I will be able to report on helmet fit (for me), probably not a ride report, well it is February in cheeseland. I had been using the er6i's for a few years, probably in a box somewhere,, so in a few years they may resurface,, like finding $20 in your winter coat from last spring.