ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #76
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Sorry to have missed it! Next time for sure!
Rainshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #77
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
Had a great time as well! Looking forward to future gatherings!

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #78
weird1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Klaun View Post
Had a great time as well! Looking forward to future gatherings!
Same here, looking forward to the next one.
weird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #79
zootpatutie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
For those looking for a midweek excuse to be out, 10 Barrel Brewing Co. is having a fund raiser for Deschutes Co. Search and Rescue, Tuesday night (1/31) from 5 to 9. Come meet the souls that will haul your ass out of the woods if the screwup goes overboard.
zootpatutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #80
Billy_b57
DARTH

Oddometer: 125
Meet Up

Great time this last week . Nice to have met fellow ADVer's
LittleBull , I do have a suggestion:
it might be easier to make the meetup on a scheduled day once a month and at the same location each time.
This would make getting reservations easier and a breeze to find.

Portland BMWMOA does it 3rd Wed. of the month and is always at same Pub.

Now I know Bend Brewery ( I think) is right down by river and has GREAT food and lots of room .

My .02 worth ..

http://www.oregondualsportrentalandadventures.com/ Your next adventure begins with Us!
Billy_b57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #81
littlebull OP
tiny mighty mo

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by zootpatutie View Post
For those looking for a midweek excuse to be out, 10 Barrel Brewing Co. is having a fund raiser for Deschutes Co. Search and Rescue, Tuesday night (1/31) from 5 to 9. Come meet the souls that will haul your ass out of the woods if the screwup goes overboard.
Thanks for the heads up. Tony's ass was already hauled out of the woods once, and we have a friend that volunteers for them. We'll try and make it by. It's a great cause.
07' F650GS Dakar
littlebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #82
forrest_fire1
I came, went & discovered

Oddometer: 173
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_b57 View Post
Great time this last week . Nice to have met fellow ADVer's
LittleBull , I do have a suggestion:
it might be easier to make the meetup on a scheduled day once a month and at the same location each time.
This would make getting reservations easier and a breeze to find.

Portland BMWMOA does it 3rd Wed. of the month and is always at same Pub.

Now I know Bend Brewery ( I think) is right down by river and has GREAT food and lots of room .

My .02 worth ..
I 2nd your suggestion.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #83
forrest_fire1
I came, went & discovered

Oddometer: 173
Pissed Thanks for the research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
FF and Billy B57, in my experiences BBC often gets pretty packed. Do the Tues Locals night there, not good for more than 3 or 4. I respect others beer and food opinions, but IMO theirs is so-so.

GoodLife may not have great beer and food, but their space and parking will be a lot more conducive to this. In summer it will be better still, because they have a ton of outdoor space. They are also close to some pretty good rides.

I have been talking to these two places about doing a moto night:

Summit: http://summitsaloon.com/about-us-c7.html

Broken Top Bottle Shop (new): http://btbsbend.com/

Summit has great food, cool building, good space, excellent location, so-so parking. Owner asked me to write up a proposal, which I need to get on. They have an upstairs room that could occasionally be had for videos, slideshows, etc.

BTBS is sterile but has tons of parking, lots of beer, and the folks are really nice. I talked to them yesterday, it would help if some emailed or posted on their FB page to do a local moto night. They will soon have a "lounge" area where showing videos, slideshows, etc would be possible. Supposed to open next week.

The breweries in town are all good, but not so easy for group meetups. Deschutes, BBC, 10 Barrel, are always packed. Cascade Lakes - plenty of room, but mixed reviews otherwise. McMenamins, one time it's great, the next it is weak. Silver Moon could be OK, only been there once. Summit gets overlooked because they don't brew, but their food is killer and the owner likes the idea of doing something for us. Plus it is in the coolest building in town. BTBS is new, so they would likely be the most amenable to hosting us, location near some great rides, food is a question mark (but it is 50 yards from my shop so I will be attending there no matter...).

My hope is that we find a place that we can hit regularly, where the owners show more than indifference, and hopefully the possibility to meet up after rides, and from time to time videos, trip slideshows, watch Dakar, etc. That ain't happening at BBC (owner laughed at the idea), 10 Barrel, or Deschutes.

BP
laughed @ the idea, what an odd reaction....
Old 02-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #84
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,585
Quote:
GoodLife may not have great beer and food, but their space and parking will be a lot more conducive to this. In summer it will be better still, because they have a ton of outdoor space.
Our meet-up locale in Eugene (Old Pad) is just that... not great but has a good brew selection, food, outdoor seating and usually not that busy.

Noisy Pubs are also difficult for us ol' coggers to hear the convo... "Eh... whats that you say whipper-snapper?"

Good to meet you the other day... again.... Brian.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #85
littlebull OP
tiny mighty mo

Oddometer: 320
I'm going to check out Summit. Seems they have some nice things to offer, overall. I don't drink beer, so great food is always a plus for me.

I thought Good Life was, well, good, and like the idea of their outdoor summer seating.

I'll report back on Summit when we've done our recon.

Thanks, Brian, for your background work. Good to see you!
07' F650GS Dakar
littlebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #86
Slow Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Geezer

This Geezer votes for somewhere away from the masses. I can't hear in the crowds and turn into a bobble head idiot agreeing to anything.

SLOW Joe
Old 02-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #87
zedx9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
I agree with Brians assessments. I think checking out Summit is a good idea and trying to stay away from small noisy places an even better idea. Looking forward to your report Kim. I liked Goodlife alright (good beer) though it did get a little loud at one point. Hard to avoid entirely but larger buildings are probably better and outdoor facitlites for summer is great.. I've gone through this search for other groups a couple of times here in CO and found a lot of the same sentament that Brian found at BBC. The key would be to find a fellow enthusiast that owns a pub. We had that for a while in here in Redmond and it was perfect. Okay, so who wants to volunteer to purchase a pub
Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #88
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

I used to have an office right over the Summit in the Okane building. It'd be a good spot for early evening get togethers during the week, but the placed gets packed with 21 year old bing drinkers on Thurs-Sat night. I couldn't count the number of times that I came to work on Monday to multiple puke stains on the doorstep of my office or blood stains from fights. That was a couple of years ago and I know they were trying hard to cut back on that kind of patron, but I'm pretty sure it's still a bit nutty on the weekend.
I've always had good luck at Cascade Lakes and we could almost ride there on dirt. Brad21 and I have knocked back a few there, they have pool, darts, Missle Command, and mixed drinks for those looking for an alternative to beer. Back before they built Broken Top (seriously dating myself) you could have ridden right the door on the old rail line that ends across from the MBSEF/Sun Country offices.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #89
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Your input has been noted but stricken pending your purchase of a dual sport motorcycle. When you perform said act, the application process will be waived, approval will be granted, and a beverage will be supplied to you free of charge. Until then please keep us apprised of any change in your status.

BP
Baastad! Who elected you Grand Poobah? If you hadn't poo pooed the LC4 400 I'd have gotten it for a sweet trade with no cash out of pocket. Given your obvious interference, I have no option left except to fully and totally blame you for my current bikeless predicament. As such, I demand unfettered access to your group of malcontents and hooligans. Besides, it was Little Bull who started it and I promised to teach her about the wonderful world of Bourbon, so I've got that going for me.

Go Giants!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #90
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Too long. I only heard "bourbon".

BP
Only if you let me join the club. I've got a giant bottle of Makers a couple of glasses and an ice bucket ready to travel.

I'm actively trying to weasel my way on to a bike, that's got to count for something. Take pity!