Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 80 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #91
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I need to grind just a bit more and then I'll put a maxed out Priest with a 90% crew in the garage to back you up. Keep in mind that I'm doing this the hard way...no actual cash paid out (yet). I am considering going premium for a month to shorten the grind through the Lee.
I'm not wallet warrior either.
I have taken advantage of a few promos they've had in the past that gave away gold or premium accounts, but I got everything else the hard way.
That being said, I did actually buy some gold (a whole $7 worth) last night. I'm getting tired of getting the crap kicked out of me in my M4 an would like to move try something different so I'm going to go premium for a week.
I'll still keep my M7 though. It's fun to play and a good money maker. Maybe I'll start playing it more now that I have some other people to play with.
It's fast so I could spot for you.

The Lee is a turd. I played through it in the Beta so I knew to avoid it this time around.
NOMADS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #92
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,155
If yall want a voice chat I would go Ventrillo. We use it on WOW and it's the best voice clint I've seen. I can probly get my GM to make a WOT channle on our server for us to try. I'll ask him tonight.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #93
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,034
I've used Vent before, when I was racing in a Nascar league. Switch, it would be awesome if your WOW guys would share their server. Voice comms (regardless of what program you use, as long as it works) make all the difference in games like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I have taken advantage of a few promos they've had in the past that gave away gold or premium accounts, but I got everything else the hard way.
I played hard to take advantage of the half price equipment specials they had a couple of weeks ago. I might have to move my 90% M3 Stuart crew up to my M5 Stuart and start grinding on that one so I can get the M7 medium.

MN_Smurf screwed with this post 02-09-2012 at 08:04 AM
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #94
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,155
I don't see why he wouldn't let me make a WOT channel. Actually i could probably just go and make it and he'd never question it. But he does pay for the server so I'll ask first. We all ready have channels for other games that we made last week. And I'm getting some of them playing WOT so I think I'll have it done by tomorrow night.

Tonight is raid night for our guild so I won't be on WOT. Well unless things fall through over there on WOW.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #95
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I played hard to take advantage of the half price equipment specials they had a couple of weeks ago. I might have to move my 90% M3 Stuart crew up to my M5 Stuart and start grinding on that one so I can get the M7 medium.
The M7 isn't that great at first . I like the 6-pounder for a gun. It's damage is only 75, but at 30 rnd/min it can put some lead out.
NOMADS
Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #96
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Sounds like death by 1000 paper cuts......
Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #97
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Once you get the good parts and the equipment to load and aim faster, you can do the 'circle of death' on the heavy slow tanks. Their turret can't keep up and they can't run away.
NOMADS
Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #98
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 725
Yeah but a KV with the 122 can 1 shot you... M7 is less painfull than M3 lee, but only just...
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #99
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,801
Do you need to buy gold to get the more powerful anti-tank rounds?
I can't purchase the rounds, yet I suspect they are being used on me.
I'm being taken out awfully quick, and not doing much damage to my attacker.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #100
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

I haven't used gold rounds yet......IMHO, they're just a good way to waste money on the game. What tank or tanks are you using, and are they fully upgraded?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #101
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,671
Arrrgh.......just got done with a round using the bison.got 2 long range hits,everything was going ok till it was 3 of us on my team and 1 on theirs.so I decided to go for the capture(since noone else was)bad move btw.guy snuck in and got me at 80%.
Situational awareness is the lesson learned.

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #102
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
Yeah but a KV with the 122 can 1 shot you... M7 is less painfull than M3 lee, but only just...
... if you let them.
A maxed out M7 is pretty good, but it isn't for everybody. I like to move around, but I want to be able to do at least a little damage to bigger tanks.
I generally won't take on a heavy by myself or at close range, but sometimes it works out and a stock KV is REALLY slow.

My newest problem is getting slotted with tier 8 and 9s most of the time. You have to be very careful who you try to duke it out with.
I have to really change my game play depending on where I am in the stack. I guess that's why I like medium tanks.
NOMADS
Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #103
tattewell
Mad Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
... if you let them.
A maxed out M7 is pretty good, but it isn't for everybody. I like to move around, but I want to be able to do at least a little damage to bigger tanks.
I generally won't take on a heavy by myself or at close range, but sometimes it works out and a stock KV is REALLY slow.

My newest problem is getting slotted with tier 8 and 9s most of the time. You have to be very careful who you try to duke it out with.
I have to really change my game play depending on where I am in the stack. I guess that's why I like medium tanks.

This was the problem I had with my M7, always with tier 7 and 8 tanks unfortunatelly... on the plus side, I found the M4A3E8 alot better and you are still with the tier 7 and 8's most of the time.

These days im all about the German kit, tier for tier some of the best kit above tier 5 IMHO.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #104
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Yo, Smithy......nice playing that one match with you last night, even if we did get stomped. You should pay attention to chat a little more during the countdown, though....

My WoT annoyance of the day.....they need to add an indicator to the contact box to show if the people in your list are in battle or in the garage, so you're not wasting time trying to talk to someone that is busy. Switch, I wasn't ignoring you last night...you started chat while I was in battle and then you were off and gone by the time I got done.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #105
tattewell
Mad Poser

Yeah thats a gripe on the forums too... I think they'll fix that when the fix the MM system

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: