User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #166
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Added customer Picture Page to Website

I added a customer picture page to my website complete with links to your webpage if I have them. I figured I would help promote your business since you have helped mine! Thank you!

http://www.moto-mule.com/trailers-customerpics.html

I added the pics I had, feel free to send more. Any other customers out there that would like to be added please send me pics and links to your web page or blog. Thanks again.

Mike

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #167
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
He has put about 3000 miles on his trailer already!! Ask him what he thinks of his moto-mule trailer

Quote:
The question is how did the non dot tire handle the 3000 miles so far. I have used the Shinko 244 in the past and I bet it would last a very long time on the trailer.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #168
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
The question is how did the non dot tire handle the 3000 miles so far. I have used the Shinko 244 in the past and I bet it would last a very long time on the trailer.
Alex just has the stock, non-DOT tire, after about 3000 miles it hardly showed any wear. Which is understandable, there is hardly any weight on it and it is not a drive wheel.

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #169
Iamdanman
Regular Dude

Oddometer: 10
Question Xr650l

Looks like the design is a total success! Now it's time to expand your customer base, there has to be a XR650L rider or two besides me that want one
Iamdanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #170
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,792
Now that you mention it, how about the 650 Dakar??
Old 02-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #171
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamdanman View Post

Looks like the design is a total success! Now it's time to expand your customer base, there has to be a XR650L rider or two besides me that want one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander
Now that you mention it, how about the 650 Dakar??
I can build hitches to fit just about any bike, I just need access to a bike to build the hitch off of. If you guys live close to Springfield Oregon or can find someone on the forum in my area, I can build a hitch to fit it

Thanks,
Mike

Old 02-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #172
Manneman
Polarbear

Oddometer: 128
Now I´ve got a nut to crack for you!
I´ve read all about Alex adventures and am a dedicated follower of his thread here and there´s where I saw the trailer.

Well now I´ve decided that I want one.

2 problems:

-1. My bike the Yamaha XT 660 X SM doesn´t excist in the US at all, never did...

-2. I live in Sweden in northern Europe...

-3. You´ll have to include a 24 gallon box with the shipment...

It shouldn´t be a problem anyway I think if i just provide you with the right measurements, right?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #173
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manneman View Post
Now I´ve got a nut to crack for you!
I´ve read all about Alex adventures and am a dedicated follower of his thread here and there´s where I saw the trailer.

Well now I´ve decided that I want one.

2 problems:

-1. My bike the Yamaha XT 660 X SM doesn´t excist in the US at all, never did...

-2. I live in Sweden in northern Europe...

-3. You´ll have to include a 24 gallon box with the shipment...

It shouldn´t be a problem anyway I think if i just provide you with the right measurements, right?
Manneman,
Is the axle hollow? Will a 3/8" (10mm) rod pass clear through the axle? If so, I would need to know the overall length of the axle.

I really only need the "A" dimension unless the tire is not close to being centered in the axle.

International shipping is quite expensive as I ship them currently, I would need to figure out how to ship them in a smaller package, perhaps two smaller boxes?? Are you quite handy if you had to assemble a trailer, more so than I currently show in the assembly video?

Mike

Old 02-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #174
Manneman
Polarbear

Quote:
Manneman,
Is the axle hollow? Will a 3/8" (10mm) rod pass clear through the axle? If so, I would need to know the overall length of the axle.

I really only need the "A" dimension unless the tire is not close to being centered in the axle.

International shipping is quite expensive as I ship them currently, I would need to figure out how to ship them in a smaller package, perhaps two smaller boxes?? Are you quite handy if you had to assemble a trailer, more so than I currently show in the assembly video?

Mike
The axle is hollow but an 8 mm rod should fit better, 10 mm won´t go true and the overall length is 310 mm edge to edge.

Good idea about the shipping in separate packages btw and picking it together is no problem for me, I´m a carpenter so I´m used to problem solving matters.

Price including shipping? DOT tyre. No fender, I´m sorry but i think it looks hideous...
I just now found out that he Actionpacker from Rubbermaid is available in Sweden so I´ll manage fine!

If we do this right I take it to Africa on the 25th of May and hence promote it in my part of the world?

Manneman screwed with this post 02-14-2012 at 05:31 AM
Manneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #175
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manneman View Post
The axle is hollow but an 8 mm rod should fit better, 10 mm won´t go true and the overall length is 310 mm edge to edge.

Good idea about the shipping in separate packages btw and picking it together is no problem for me, I´m a carpenter so I´m used to problem solving matters.

Price including shipping? DOT tyre. No fender, I´m sorry but i think it looks hideous...
I just now found out that he Actionpacker from Rubbermaid is available in Sweden so I´ll manage fine!

If we do this right I take it to Africa on the 25th of May and hence promote it in my part of the world?
Manneman,
An 8mm skewer is not large enough.. Can you PM some pictures of your swingarm from each side. Also, could the axle be drilled out to 10mm without ruining the integrety of it?
Mike

Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #176
JoeyBones
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
An 8mm skewer is not large enough..
What about 8mm in Stainless? Stronger than a conventional 10mm...? And then a bushing or sleeve on each end to accommodate the arms of the trailer
"tongue" where the skewer passes through...
One State left to ride: Hawaii. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #177
Manneman
Polarbear

Quote:
Manneman,
An 8mm skewer is not large enough.. Can you PM some pictures of your swingarm from each side. Also, could the axle be drilled out to 10mm without ruining the integrety of it?
Mike

From my point of view I´m not trilled about making the hole bigger so I´m open to any other solution.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #178
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Manneman,
An 8mm skewer is not large enough..
Mike
Does the rod HAVE to be metric...........3/8" SAE...????
Moto-Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #179
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,230
Quote:
So what did you think Apple Jam? Get any pics?
Sorry, it's been a while.
I had to send my front wheel off to Woody's,
I'd messed it up last year, and waited until the snowfall to send it off.

I just got my first very short ride in yesterday in over three weeks.
Talk about withdrawals....I'm dyin' !!

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day right below Mt Hood, but still kinda cold at 45 degrees.
Good enough for photo op, and the Moto-Mule's Maiden Voyage

These other guys are right, you don't even know this trailer is behind you.
It is TOTALLY SWEET.
I can't WAIT to go moto-camping now

My hollow axle is significantly larger than the 10mm rod going through it,
so I just rolled up a small piece of cardboard to act as a bushing, to help keep the rod centered in the axle.
Seems to work just fine, indeed.

My business is Audio/Video,
.....so my first step was to integrate a rather nice Paradigm AMS-150-SM 8" Single Stereo Speaker into the Action Packer.
With a very small battery/12v powered 20wpc Stereo Tri-Path amplifier, and my iPod or Pandora from my phone,
and this Moto-Mule will fucking ROCK the campsites now !!!
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #180
ert01
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I am eager to see it behind that DL1000... I have a 1000 as well and I may be in the market for one of these come springtime.
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote