User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

Oddometer: 844
Glacier

Pictures speak louder than words. This was only the 4th day it was open. The latest Logan Pass had been closed since 1943 we were told. We took plenty of time going through. We had to ride all the way up to Banff Alberta that day for our reservations at a hotel t

here. Now for the pictures.

Set tall in the saddle, hold your head up high...Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky....Live like you aint afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "Chris Ledoux"

superdutyGS screwed with this post 02-16-2012 at 02:45 PM
superdutyGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #32
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

Mor of Glacier

here you go

Set tall in the saddle, hold your head up high...Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky....Live like you aint afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "Chris Ledoux"
Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

and more

Glacier

Mountain Goats....we saw a few. They are not shy really

Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #34
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

Glacier

it is all so freaking beautiful here

This is just after the parking area on the east side of Logan's pass.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #35
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

glacier.

You gotta go see this place my friends.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #36
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

Inot Canada

Beautiful day to ride as we crossed into Alberta. Have to show this picture though. We got gas south of Calgary
and this bike was getting filled up. Didn't get the riders name but we had a good visit. His was a 95 also and had 266,000 KM on it. he had ridden to the Artic ocean 5 times and Argentina twice. Humbling.

From here we took a wonderful foothills road along the rockies all the way to Banff. Great scenery of
ranches and incredible hayfields. When we got to Banff we all agreed it was the best day of riding we had benn on, any of us. Ever

Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #37
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

Alberta

somewhere along those foothills north towards
Banff

superdutyGS screwed with this post 02-16-2012 at 02:46 PM
Old 02-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #38
pig-bun
Feeding the World

Oddometer: 25
I'm in... for self protection. You guys are being way to nice to this guy. Give him some crap he can take it. I'm the one on the Harley and I'm a little sensitive, so be nice! (you know how thin skined us Harley guy are)
pig-bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #39
Snowclem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I'm in

Please don't worry about being too wordy. Tell it as you feel it/remember it. Sounds like a great group to ride with. Yes, I do know how sensitive you H-D guys are. I ride with some too, but that means that I also know why.

Richard
Snowclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #40
vadose
Dirt Doc

Oddometer: 7
I'm in!!

Don't worry about how many words you use or how well you think others may have written their reports. I am really enjoying yours. Just write your own words that express your thoughts and experiences. THAT is what makes a great ride report. Thank you for sharing so far and I'm looking forward to the rest!

"Works for me.", "I love it when a plan comes together."
2008 DRZ400S
1998 K1200RS
vadose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #41
Wayne50
RoadStarMan

Oddometer: 41
I'm in too...... like Pig-Bun said, "for self-preservation". I'm the one on the Road Star and the oldest one of the group. I think the ladies sent me along as a stability factor...

Anyway, the only thing SuperDuty has left out was how loud the the little cabins can get with a high rev'n snorer. Man can that man snore!
Wayne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 552
Doin' great, keep it rollin'
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #43
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

onto Day 4 I guess

We finished Day three with a good meal up the street walking distance from the hotel. Was our last night together as Wayne an Jerry would part company with us upth the Ice Fields parkway on Day four. We had a couple beers and talked about what a great ride that had been and got in no hurry to get to bed for the night. I really appreciated these guys more than I can explain. Anytime you get to chase down number one on your bucket list and three of your close friends get on board to help you achieve that dream, you better be grateful and I am. We started Day 4 about 6 am and had a free breakfast at the hotel. I swear we were the only english speak people there. What is up with that.? Oh well. We headed north to the "Ice Fields Parkway"
Honestly, this is prime vacation destination all by itself. This ride alone is worth going on as the focal point of any vacation. All of us would go back in a second. The IFP runs along the Canadian Rockies for about 185 miles if I recall correctly. Every turn and ever mountain and ice field is beautiful. Was raining pretty much the whole day, but never real heavy so no big deal. The traffic on the other hand was wild. Not only a lot of it, but fast and aggressive drivers. We saw 15 Bears and a couple moose on this stretch. When we broke for lunch together about 60 miles south of Jasper we parted ways. Scott and Jerry would cross the rockies west and head south for Montana. I was told later Scott got on the wrong hwy 90 something and they ended up going through Idaho rather than Montana...If pigbun wants to jump in here and defend himsel that's sure enough okay with me. I think he did it on purpose though to extend the trip, I have ridden with him many times and too far isn't far enough. Wayne and I continued North and for the rest of the day we tried to make some miles. Our goal was to get to Grande Prairie south of Dawson City. We had spent plenty of time sight seeing and were still wanting a 700 plus mile day. We got after it and got to GP about 10pm.
This getting in late would become the norm. Long Days, but with the sun staying up so late, why waste it?
Here is a big old bull elk north of jasper plus some pictures of the ice fields ride. Magnificent scenery

superdutyGS screwed with this post 02-16-2012 at 02:50 PM
Old 02-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #44
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

more pics I

I seem to be able to copy and paste only one at a time. Surprising to my friends who know what a technology genius I am I am sure.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #45
superdutyGS OP
lone rider

4 of us

Here we are in front of Lake Louise just a bit north of Banff. I am the homely one in the red rain suit bibs