ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,662
Dualsport Fairing w PnP LED Lighting

Now available

Our most recent install 2013 Honda CRF250L.


sanjoh screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 07:25 AM
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
PERFECT! I assume either the lights are adjustable, or the lower one is pointed down more for low beam use?!

I'm interested, and could potentially be the wr250r guinnee pig if you're into it. I've done a bunch Of electriCal/lighting stuff on my other bike (link in signature), and the wrr now needs some attention.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
PERFECT! I assume either the lights are adjustable, or the lower one is pointed down more for low beam use?!
The direction of each light is independently adjustable. Keep in mind, the ability to dim the lower light, reduces the importance of aiming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
I'm interested, and could potentially be the wr250r guinnee pig if you're into it. I've done a bunch Of electriCal/lighting stuff on my other bike (link in signature), and the wrr now needs some attention.
Heck yes, if you could snap some pics of the connector and send the pinouts/electrical connections for it , we can include a PnP option. Please send to sandjoh@gmail.com. I'll offer you a substantial discount for your help.

Thanks
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!
 
Yellow Pig's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca.
Oddometer: 7,005
I like these mounts. Solid, easy to take the light on & off and gives a bit more space for the wiring and spedometer.

__________________
So Many Idiots, So Few Comets!!!!!!!!!
Yellow Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Drunk_Uncle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: El Mirage
Oddometer: 2,092
I would love this fairing with an opening for a 7" round headlight. I want to use the Truck lite LED headlight that is DOT approved. Is something like that possible? It would go on my XR650L.
__________________
"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death"
'13 Tiger 800XC, '13 KLR 650, and a 2010 Honda NT700V for the wife.
Drunk_Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
I like these mounts. Solid, easy to take the light on & off and gives a bit more space for the wiring and spedometer.
From someone that has had worm drive hose clamps break in the middle of trip, you don't really want them. I did replace them with tbolt clamps, iirc that was about 12k miles ago.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
I would love this fairing with an opening for a 7" round headlight. I want to use the Truck lite LED headlight that is DOT approved. Is something like that possible? It would go on my XR650L.
The fairing is designed for a 2" diameter light. If you are set on using the truck lite, I'd recommend you try something like this

7" light with a dakar screen cut to fit.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Fast1
Twisted Throttle
 
Fast1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Bridge over Troubled Water
Oddometer: 1,826
in to hear about the progression of this fairing. Looks really good on the Husky TE.
__________________
14 Husqvarna FE 501
10 Yamaha FJR 1300
11 Husqvarna SM630
11 Husqvarna TE630- sold
08 Husqvarna TE510- sold
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
xscoobysnack
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
in to hear about the progression of this fairing. Looks really good on the Husky TE.
I agree. Do you intend to go with white only? I have yet to buy an oversize tank and I think a white tank with the fairing would look kick ass.
xscoobysnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #9
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter
 
BigDogAdventures's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Mt. Vernon, Illinois
Oddometer: 4,750
I'm in on this---WR250R.

I'll be all over this for my WR250R

When it's ready ---------I'll order it---I want 2 60's in it with the dimmer.
If you don't have time Sanjoh to make it plug and play---I can
handle the wiring. I'll want a white fairing.


Just put a pair of 60's on my KLR---and have been holding off for another purchase cause I just didn't know what to do on my WR ????? Now I guess I do.

By the way Sanjoh-----the WR250r has 350 watts of power and I've used my stock headlight, gps, heated grips, and heated vest for a 6 week trip to Alaska---the charging system on this bike is phenomenal for a small bike. The stock wire feeding the stock headlight will be plenty ample in size.

BigDog
__________________
WR250R 2008
KTM EXC 450 2006
Husqvarna TR650 Terra 2013
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by xscoobysnack View Post
Do you intend to go with white only? I have yet to buy an oversize tank and I think a white tank with the fairing would look kick ass.
The fairing will come in black and white base colors. Optional graphics to better match bike will be available.

Something about a white dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post
I'll be all over this for my WR250R

When it's ready ---------I'll order it---I want 2 60's in it with the dimmer.
If you don't have time Sanjoh to make it plug and play---I can
handle the wiring. I'll want a white fairing.


Just put a pair of 60's on my KLR---and have been holding off for another purchase cause I just didn't know what to do on my WR ????? Now I guess I do.

By the way Sanjoh-----the WR250r has 350 watts of power and I've used my stock headlight, gps, heated grips, and heated vest for a 6 week trip to Alaska---the charging system on this bike is phenomenal for a small bike. The stock wire feeding the stock headlight will be plenty ample in size.

BigDog
You were just the guy I was thinking of during the design. You are gonna love the wind protection without compromising visibility.

Thanks for the offer on the wiring. 350 watts! I'm jealous, why can all bikes have that?
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
Drabnor
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behubert View Post
It would be neat if the top half of the fairing was removable. I would want the fairing for longer dual sport rides, but would want to remove it on rough trails to avoid a painful headbutt

Thoughts?
x2

or maybe a whole new product line?

one tall version
one shorter version
one with the best of both, top half removable
__________________
Drabnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Fast1
Twisted Throttle
 
Fast1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Bridge over Troubled Water
Oddometer: 1,826
Are you to the point where you can provide the dimensions of the fairing (lengthxwidth)?

It appears that mounted on the Husky there may be some amount of adjustment either up or down based on where the clamps are positioned on the forks..correct?
__________________
14 Husqvarna FE 501
10 Yamaha FJR 1300
11 Husqvarna SM630
11 Husqvarna TE630- sold
08 Husqvarna TE510- sold
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer
 
kaosrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Oddometer: 810
Great Idea

When can we order???
kaosrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Subaru297
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 116
Thumb

Another WR250X user subscribing. Very impressed with your LED lights. This could be a worthy upgrade as well.

Although an adjustable windscreen would be preferable and easier than putting out models with different heights.
Adjustable windscreen is pretty easy. Just drill a few holes.



Cheers

Subaru297 screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 05:36 PM
Subaru297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,662
Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

Just got back from an evening ride. The low beam works wonderful (currently model 30), plenty of light to see yet not blinding anyone. Local police had a close inspection and approved


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drabnor View Post
x2

or maybe a whole new product line?

one tall version
one shorter version
one with the best of both, top half removable
This is a prototype, more models to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
Are you to the point where you can provide the dimensions of the fairing (lengthxwidth)?

It appears that mounted on the Husky there may be some amount of adjustment either up or down based on where the clamps are positioned on the forks..correct?
There is a small amount of adjustment up and down. The top of the fairing is 8" above the triple. Dimensions will be provided with the production model, which is in process as I type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
When can we order???
Next month. The fairing will be offered in any lighting configuration of the model 30, 44 or the 60. Can't wait to to test it with out with two 60s, that is one amazing light.

Keep in mind you get full power on high beam so 2 60s will pull just north of 60 watts and make daylight
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014