Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #511
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
I thought this was going to be an F1 track? Looks like Dodge is nosing ahead of Chevy.

Is it finished yet?

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #512
bradatlarge
Insha'Allah

Oddometer: 12,184
Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #513
mike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,104
Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #514
mike
Beastly Adventurer

Inaugural U.S. Grand Prix to be 56 laps, 191 miles, FIA says

By Dave Doolittle | Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
The FIA, the world governing body of motorsports, this morning set official race times and distances for all 2012 Formula One races, including the U.S. Grand Prix near Austin.
The U.S. race, scheduled for a circuit under construction in southeastern Travis County, will be 56 laps for a distance of 191.9 miles (308.9 kilometers), the FIA said.
The length of a Formula One race is the number of completed laps that equal 305 kilometers (189.5 miles) or two hours. The Circuit of the Americas is 3.4 miles (5.5 kilometers) long.
Race times are the same that were reported in January: The race Sunday, Nov. 18, will start at 1 p.m. Central.
Practices on Friday, Nov. 16, will be from 10 to 11:30 a.m. and from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Saturday’s practice will be from 10 to 11 a.m., and qualifying will be at 1 p.m.
Tickets for the inaugural race will go on sale later this year. The waiting list to reserve personal seat licenses closed Monday.
Work on the circuit has been hampered by rains this year, but officials expect to have the facility ready in time for the first race.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #515
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,145
nice

http://www.statesman.com/sports/form...d-2189084.html

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #516
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
$500 for a Super 8

But, it's not price gouging

What a bunch of crap.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #517
mike
Beastly Adventurer

ow. my dad's got an extra room at his place. nice bed, ac, no innernet, no pool, 11 oclock curfew.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #518
wagonpilot
Freeeeze

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
ow. my dad's got an extra room at his place. nice bed, ac, no innernet, no pool, 11 oclock curfew.
I am 15 minutes from the track, my rates may need to go up.
wagonpilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #519
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,232
Quote:

And that is a factor in my decision not to go. But since the rooms are already booked they probably don't care anyway!

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #520
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
And that is a factor in my decision not to go. But since the rooms are already booked they probably don't care anyway!
I've got dibs on Lobby's guest bedroom.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #521
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,145
we're going to Montreal instead. any best guesses on best seating? I am thinking turn one or the hairpin....

update: went for hairpin. now to find hotel.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.

g容g screwed with this post 02-23-2012 at 05:25 AM
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #522
mike
Beastly Adventurer

Neighbors of F1 track call late-night construction a nuisance

Alberto Martinez/AMERICAN-STATESMAN
Enlarge Photo
Don Haywood, left, and his friend and neighbor Vance Facundo stand near the edge of Haywood's property, which overlooks construction of the Formula One track. Haywood is critical of construction work done at night.

Linda Scott
Enlarge Photo

Alberto Martinez/AMERICAN-STATESMAN
Enlarge Photo
After the sun sets, bright lights come on, and work continues on the Circuit of the Americas track being built in southeastern Travis County. Track officials say they are on schedule to host the Grand Prix on Nov. 18.

By John Maher AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Updated: 5:11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012
Published: 8:34 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22,
Neighbors of the $300 million racetrack being built in southeastern Travis County plan to meet with county commissioners and officials this week to discuss concerns about late-night construction at the track and a preliminary traffic plan for the Formula One race scheduled for Nov. 18.
"This week, my dance card is going to be pretty full," said Cathy Olive, head of the Elroy Neighborhood Association.
Olive said recently that noise from the construction and bright lights near Elroy Road have kept some area residents up at night.
Another resident said that, on occasion, Circuit of the Americas has been lit up like a small city at 2:30 a.m.
Don Haywood, whose property overlooks Turn 11 at the track, said, "There's about 10 or 12 of these lights. ... Everything is illuminated on the west side of my house."
Haywood, a retired police officer, said all-night construction has gone on for about 10 days.
"They'll have 20 to 25 trucks just lined up, gravel trucks," said Haywood. His 15 acres are virtually surrounded by the track, which is suing him over a water line that cuts across land that the track wants to turn into a parking lot.
On Tuesday night, from Haywood's property, workers could be seen entering the track after the day shift left.
Track officials have consistently maintained they are on schedule to host Austin's inaugural U.S. Grand Prix in the fall.
Elroy residents, however, speculate that the track is playing late-night catch-up because of the recent wet weather and previous delays. F1 officials won't comment on whether there have been construction delays, but Haywood said work has temporarily halted after recent heavy rains.
From the beginning of December through Wednesday, 16 inches of rain were recorded at nearby Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, far higher than normal. From February through September last year, only 4.34 inches of rain fell in the area, including only 0.06 inches from July through September.
During that dry stretch, however, there were periods when the construction at the 3.4-mile track was slowed or almost halted, as questions persisted about whether the race would happen.
The sanctioning fee for the U.S. Grand Prix was not paid to Formula One management until December, finally assuring that the race would take place, assuming the track is completed on schedule and it passes a stringent inspection.
As many as 120,000 spectators could attend the Nov. 18 race. Track consultants have said traffic could be delayed at least three hours on race day. Olive, who lives across Elroy Road from the track, says he's worried the race traffic and the narrow roads around the track could combine to create one of worst traffic jams in Austin's history.
Recently a consultant for the track spoke with Olive about the transportation plans for the week of the event. Residents would be given a pass that would let them through traffic to get to and from their homes.
"Who gets the coveted paper pass?" Olive said, wondering how close someone would have to live to the track to qualify.
Olive is skeptical that the strategy could work with Elroy's limited roads. Although FM 812 will be reconfigured to four lanes, the other roads bordering the track are bumpy two-lane roads with no shoulders.
Track officials declined to talk about the specifics of the plan.
"We have been in contact with area residents," said Jeff Hahn, a spokesman for the track. "This was the initial discussion to open up the communication channel."
Olive said: "I am going to stop the paper pass thing in the bud. ... I am not allowing us to be traffic lab rats.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #523
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,665
Quote:
we're going to Montreal instead. any best guesses on best seating? I am thinking turn one or the hairpin....

update: went for hairpin. now to find hotel.
Great choice.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #524
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Great choice.
Big pussy's driving though
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote